Site suggestion thread

Please post any suggestions re changes/additions you would like to see on our site. Please keep it real and on topic. Remember this is a low budget operation, no one is getting rich off a site like this.

Issues
  • Mobile Site/Desktop Site Theme redirects you to home page when switching, should stay on same page Clear your cookies
  • Mobile Site/Desktop Site Theme is not sticking on page refresh it reverts back to your default theme set on your profile clear your cookies
  • Like/Dislike buttons do not seem to be working after upgrade
  • Upload attachments
  • Links not working for sub forums and they bring you back to home page
  • Double "New Posts" link on secondary navigation bar on search page
  • When saving an edited post or saving a new one then clicking on the Post Thanks/Like drop down it takes you to a blank page
  • Add Footer on mobile for desktop view
  • When editing a post on mobile view the buttons stack weird and are really close.

Ideas
  • @Tagging
  • Dark theme
  • Make Bread Crumb less confusing
  • More control over signatures
  • Add like buttons to mobile view
  • Find way to inline images on mobile

Comments

• There is no easy way to post pictures from your phone, unless someone can explain it to me.
  • Like Moose posted before, make tagging other people on the forum available for notification, ex. @kwmatt
  • Also PF members if you like a suggestion that someone posts like the post so we can concentrate on more wanted features first. Some might be simple some might require work!
  • Will tapatalk work again now? If not, please add that option as well.
  • trigs wrote: »
    Will tapatalk work again now? If not, please add that option as well.

That one probably went away because it costs money for the site to give access.
  • How do we feel about removing the awards system since we don't use them any more? Would anyone be really apposed that that?
  • I think comp would be disappointed

Fyi the view on desktop link at the bottom seems to be disabled.
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    How do we feel about removing the awards system since we don't use them any more? Would anyone be really apposed that that?

Makes no difference to me, we could always re-implement it if we got back into that again. Don't think we have used it in several years since we used to have forum tournaments.
  • moose wrote: »

Can you explain more moose? What exactly are you seeing and are you on mobile when you see it?
  • I just switched to the mobile version of the site and then went back to desktop version with no issues personally. What issues are you seeing?

Posting here for testing

Mobile
    http://pokerforum.ca/forum.php?styleid=12

Desktop
    http://pokerforum.ca/forum.php?styleid=10
  • Yeah after testing from desktop it works fine going back and forth but on my mobile device it does nothing just seems to refresh the page. Ill investigate further!
  • compuease wrote: »
    Makes no difference to me, we could always re-implement it if we got back into that again. Don't think we have used it in several years since we used to have forum tournaments.

It's disabled for now and can be turned back on at any time!
    How do we feel about removing the awards system since we don't use them any more? Would anyone be really apposed that that?

You mean remove my two trophies? What I am on the internet for if I can't get trophies and internet points?
    I think comp would be disappointed

Can you check it now Moose? I believe it should be fixed now. I can finally see the mobile version of the site on my mobile as well after the upgrade
  • Yeah it goes to desktop view now but it takes you to the home page instead of leaving you ITT
  • Is it just me, or is it difficult to tell which folders have new posts. It use to be highlighted in red, it now appears to be a touch darker. I'm on my phone, is it just me?
  • woog30 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is it difficult to tell which folders have new posts. It use to be highlighted in red, it now appears to be a touch darker. I'm on my phone, is it just me?
    I'll double check the old icons to the new ones. Maybe the old forum had replaced the default one's. It seems the reply buttons are hard to see also..
  • woog30 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is it difficult to tell which folders have new posts. It use to be highlighted in red, it now appears to be a touch darker. I'm on my phone, is it just me?

woog..... you are 100% correct. I can’t see the difference either and it was quite helpful.
  • Seems the update replaced the icons with a default set of icons. I have put the old icons back into place. Should be a red or gray dot now and I agree much easier to tell if read or not. Also just a suggestion that I use, I click on the "New Posts" at the top of the page and it shows me all unread posts on one page. I go through read them all and then next visit to the site do the same thing.. Just another way to do the same thing.

Also can anyone else use the like or dislike buttons? Seems like you can click them but nothing happens. Might have to check to see if there is an upgrade for this plugin
  • Seems perfectly fine to me. Android.

Anyways Menu->New posts is the way to go.
    Yeah it goes to desktop view now but it takes you to the home page instead of leaving you ITT

Still goes to home page and if you click on any forum it goes back to mobile. Like buttons not available in mobile.
  • Yeah I am finding every page you change it reverts back to your default theme you selected in your profile. It's like the change is only seen till the next page refresh. I will look into both of these issues. Ill start an issue tracker in the original 1st post
  • Would anyone like a dark mobile theme? Seems like all the apps now are adding this so you don't blind yourself with white screen at night or in the morning it also helps with battery life as white requires the most power and black requires none!
  • Fixed Thanks
    Would anyone like a dark mobile theme? Seems like all the apps now are adding this so you don't blind yourself with white screen at night or in the morning it also helps with battery life as white requires the most power and black requires none!

I'd like a dark version. Also, like buttons not working for me either.
  • Thanks trigs

I change the icons for new old posts to be poker chips, opinions? are these hard to see then the old dots?
    Thanks trigs

I change the icons for new old posts to be poker chips, opinions? are these hard to see then the old dots?

i think it looks much better now.
  • i'd like a moving section, preferably couches and such
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    i'd like a moving section, preferably couches and such

Not until our professional couch mover comes back to be a local moderator.. None of us know enough handle the stress..
  • trigs wrote: »
    I'd like a dark version. Also, like buttons not working for me either.

Same here... Might have to cut his salary a bit.....