Good TV Shows You May Not Know

Comments

• i only made it about 15 minutes in, thought it felt too forced - like they were trying to hard to make it dramatic

maybe I didn't give it a fair shot, will have to go back and give it another watch
  • Don't bother. I watched it through Kodi last year, and I hated the ending almost as much as Lucky You's winning AA deliberately mucked on an all-in showdown. :rage:
    Bfillmaff wrote: »
    i only made it about 15 minutes in, thought it felt too forced - like they were trying to hard to make it dramatic
    maybe I didn't give it a fair shot, will have to go back and give it another watch
  • wasn't great but wasn't terrible for a movie i had never heard of
  • i thought it was decent. gf even liked it.
  • I found a company on the internet that has OLD Movies
    I ordered a copy of Miracle on 34th Street, made for TV movie, starring Sebastian Cabot
    Ordered end of November, shipping not their strong point it arrived in January
    I think this is a better version then the one often shown at Xmas with Natalie Wood

Milton Slim
  • why dont you use Kodi it is FREE and you can download it to your PC and stream to your TV screen lot of OLD Movies there
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    I found a company on the internet that has OLD Movies
    I ordered a copy of Miracle on 34th Street, made for TV movie, starring Sebastian Cabot
    Ordered end of November, shipping not their strong point it arrived in January
    I think this is a better version then the one often shown at Xmas with Natalie Wood

Milton Slim
    Hey cupcake, the 1980s called...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  • Another option I heard about is to pay for a Gold membership for more than just movies...
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    chaimr1924 wrote: »
    why dont you use Kodi it is FREE and you can download it to your PC and stream to your TV screen lot of OLD Movies there
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    wasn't great but wasn't terrible for a movie i had never heard of

Its a good movie for netflix. You can see alot worse at the movie theater.
  • A few good shows I am watching on Netflix is Narcos, The killing and Zoo for my wife.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

you weren't paying attention or researching, made for TV in the 70's
    I'm a lot older than I look

and for one special person out there... FU pkrfce9

Milton Slim
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    you weren't paying attention or researching, made for TV in the 70's
    I'm a lot older than I look

and for one special person out there... FU pkrfce9

Milton Slim

kodi has shit back to the 30's i've found. even comp can find stuff he likes ;)
  • ya know, it's not such a bad thing that there are still a few folks out there paying for TV - someone has to pay for this shit so the rest can continue stealing it...

Not knocking it, it just intrigues me how blatant it has become. There was a time when people did this kind of stuff under the radar, but now you regularly hear things to the tune of "fuck you cable company, I can get it all for free!"

I'll also add that in my many years of downloading content, one thing that has remained consistent is that there are two things that ruin the best ways to access to free TV: it becomes too easy to get, or it becomes too popular. Shouldn't be too long now...
  • Like other disruptive innovations, the old business models that don’t get managed properly will die, e.g., our friendly neighbourhood video store while online free content will keep increasing. If customers continue to be dissatisfied with Bell/Rogers/Cogeco, they will continue to lose business. Same with Uber > taxis, Airbnb > hotels with ripoff resort fees, etc.
    Bfillmaff wrote: »
    it becomes too popular. Shouldn't be too long now...
  • 100% agree that cable tv is dying, as it should. They failed to innovate and were outright greedy too.
    BlondeFish wrote: »
    while online free content will keep increasing.

this is where I disagree though - previously, you had only a select group using their know how to get free content. those people will always find a way to do so and aren't really a factor. What has changed though, is that stealing content has gotten to the point where it is so user friendly anyone can do it, and cheap too. So now we have a massive group of folks who normally would have paid for content, that now aren't. It works fine now, but as it shifts the result is less incentive to create high quality content.

It's an interesting shift, thats all - not knocking it. I was using XBMC before Kodi... SageTV before that... MediaBrowser before that... WMC before that... torrents, DDL, newsgroups, FTP's, outright DVD copies... you name it - so I certainly can't say I have any moral high ground to stand on. I think I'm more just bitter because my beautiful 1080p direct download links keep getting zapped :)
  • The business model for television programming is definitely changing, but I don't see high quality content going away any time soon. The "in-show" advertising has increased to the point where some times you feel like you are watching infomercials, with the cuts to the type of cars people drive, the drinks they consume, the restaurants they visit, the phones they use, etc.
  • David Williams is a contestant on Mastercraft this season.
  • Wallander. Happy Valley, though the latter takes a bit of effort to get into.
  • moose wrote: »
    David Williams is a contestant on Mastercraft this season.

What a fucking whiner too. He almost started crying and nearly walked out. All because they made everyone switch ingredient baskets. The guy is a poor sportsman, the kind who dumps the board if he starts losing at Risk.
  • Yeah seriously. It took Ramsay to remind what he does if he is dealt bad cards. What a suck hole.
  • LUKE CAGE. In fact, just watch ALL of the MCU shows currently available on Netflix, and then watch Iron Fist when it comes out, too. I actually think they are much better than the movies, and I really like the movies.
  • Just watched Season 1 of Life in Pieces on Netflix. Very funny.

It's kind of a more traditional version of Modern Family concept without the mockumentary component and a little more farcical.
  • "Black Mirror"

Picture twilight zone... meets future technologies... meets dystopian nightmare...

Every episode is a new plot with a new cast... so give it a couple episodes to get an accurate feel for the show.

I believe it is available on Netflix.
  • Rebump

But goddamn... Daredevil s3 is the best MCU tv series. IMDB has the lowest episode (s3e1) rated at 8.8, and the rest are 9+, with I believe 2 hitting 9.8 / 10.

The "Wilson Fisk doing research" scenes absolutely drove me wild.

Mark
  • for people who enjoy crime/thriller shows, "Ozark" and "the night of" are the nuts
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    for people who enjoy crime/thriller shows, "Ozark" and "the night of" are the nuts

Ozark and Animal Kingdom.
  • Ozark and Animal Kingdom.

i watched two episodes of animal kingdom last night and i am hooked.
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    i watched two episodes of animal kingdom last night and i am hooked.

Off topic pic but let me know if you need a ride to the Royal Cup....
  • Wife and I both like New Amsterdam and FBI which are both in their first season.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Wife and I both like New Amsterdam and FBI which are both in their first season.

I want ant to watch new Amsterdam, it looks really good. FBI I will have to look up.