Good TV Shows You May Not Know

Comments

• I kinda want a "itt thread we describe the poster above using only a movie or tv show title.

Fuck it, I'm making this happen.
  • Season finales of Ray Donovan and The Leftovers tomorrow night.

HBO is it.

Oh, and another one of these just because...

inez8oXS8D1g.gif
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    I don't get it

Life goes on?
  • You guys should watch utopia lol
  • Season finales of Ray Donovan and The Leftovers tomorrow night.

HBO is it.

Oh, and another one of these just because...

inez8oXS8D1g.gif

hhhhhnnnyyggh
  • 2 episodes in and Sonic Highways (brought to you by the Foo Fighters) is really fucking good.

If you were born in the late 60's early 70's and were ever touched by punk music you will love it. If you were a top 40 fan you will likely be mildly interested at best.
  • Ripper Street is a show about an inspector in the White Chapel section of London in the aftermath of the Jack the Ripper murders. It was cancelled after two seasons but a campaign by the fans caused it to be picked up for a third season, hopefully more.
  • Bosch. New show from Amazon TV. It's pretty good.
  • This is way out there, but I watched the 3 seasons of a Korean reality TV show called The Genius.

It's like Survivor except that they get together for a few hours once a week and play games where someone is eliminated at the end of the episode. They all go home and come back next week for a different game. The games are strategic forcing players to use more social, mental and manipulation skills. Players are awarded tokens called Garnets which are cashed in for money at the end of the season for the winner.

The contestants are all minor and major celebrities including singers, actors, politicians, a professional starcraft player, mensa members, etc.

It's all subtitled and available on YouTube. The first season is easy to find, the next two are tricky. My wife and I both binge watched the series as we got pretty hooked.

The really hard part of watching the show is trying to remember who is who. Korean names aren't the easiest to remember and many of the names sound the same. By the time you get to know who's who, you're more than halfway into the series.
  • The really hard part of watching the show is trying to remember who is who. Korean names aren't the easiest to remember and many of the names sound the same. By the time you get to know who's who, you're more than halfway into the series.

i can vouch for this. korean names are all so similar. and i swear that there are only like 15 family names for the entire country lol.
  • Started watching the remake of Poldark and it's not bad at all.
  • Anyone interested in history might like the CNN documentary series The Sixties and The Seventies. Interesting docs about major events of the decade, with lots of footage that I've never seen before.
  • Not tv but the new movie Mississippi Grind is not bad.
  • Mr. Robot TV show. First season aired in the US and now being broadcast in Canada. See Fight Club meets Hackers.

Mr. Robot (TV Series 2015? ) - IMDb
  • trigs wrote: »
    Mr. Robot TV show. First season aired in the US and now being broadcast in Canada. See Fight Club meets Hackers.

Mr. Robot (TV Series 2015? ) - IMDb
    Mr Robot was great.
  • Jessica Jones . . . Sweet Christmas.
  • Fargo is still great as is The Leftovers
  • Scrotal Recall . . . British humour.
  • Blacklist is really good as well as stalker
  • Good bump..

An old great (good luck finding it without an android box) show I've been re-watching is "Red Dwarf". It really was amazing.

Also, "Man Seeking Woman" is good if you like absurdest humour.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Good bump..

An old great (good luck finding it without an android box) show I've been re-watching is "Red Dwarf". It really was amazing.

Mark

Found it without an android box, no problem (all 10 seasons not 8). :)
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Found it without an android box, no problem (all 10 seasons not 8). :)

From what I hear there's 2 more seasons coming!!

Mark
  • any one without an android box can instal Kodi on your computer lap top etc. etc.just go to tvaddons.ag and choose the bulid you want easy to do.i have it on all my devices in cluding my android box
  • Better Call Saul starts Season 2 in less than an hour.
  • River . . . Netflix
  • I would HIGHLY recommend the documentary "Best of Enemies" to anyone interested in politics, debate, or how the two got to where we are today. Some VERY prescient comments from BOTH participants.
  • While I'm not sure this qualifies for the intention of the thread....if you haven't seen the later Battlestar Galactica its basically the best show ever made. It makes every TV incarnation of Star Trek look like bad high school plays. Oh, and don't do any research on it beforehand or you'll pretty much ruin the show.
  • Movie I had never heard of...Mississippi Grind is a pretty decent portrayal of a degen gambler despite the hollywood ending...watched it last night on netflix