Chrome and CPF

For the last week or two the text has been displayed in italics.

Is it just me? How do I fix it?

Comments

• Is this only in Chrome? If so try this..

Use the Start Menu, go to Control Panel then Fonts. This actually opens up the font directory. Then double click the Arial.ttf file. Close it and re-open Chrome

Or is it only this forum? FYI, looks normal to me..
  • I would check your browser under options for a content tab that controls the display font. Firefox has one so I'm assuming Chrome is similar.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Is this only in Chrome? If so try this..

Use the Start Menu, go to Control Panel then Fonts. This actually opens up the font directory. Then double click the Arial.ttf file. Close it and re-open Chrome

Or is it only this forum? FYI, looks normal to me..

Only this forum and on chrome. It's a chrome thing probably from the latest update because I have the same problem on my desktop and laptop. Android tablet is fine. I tried your suggestion and it didn't work.

Chrome fucked up

moose-albums-temp-crap-picture239-wtf1.png

IE, surprisingly, fine.

moose-albums-temp-crap-picture240-wtf2.png
  • Looks like it's bolded too. Weird.
  • This:

Chrome 37 update supports DirectWrite for Windows.

If you have all italics problem, as a temporary workaround try going to chrome://flags and then enable the "Disable Directwrite".

This is a currently known problem and you can add a STAR to the following issue to be notified of updates to bug fixing:

https://code.google.com/p/
    chromium/issues/detail?id=408393 - Fonts showing up "all italics"
    I have no idea what I did but it works.
    Amazingly counterintuitive process too. Must have been set up by a former Microsoft employee:
    you actually click a button that says "enable" to disable direct write. Awful logic.

I do see that directwrite was invented by Microsoft so I can go back to blaming them.

• Lol microsoft , lol i.e. lol BlackBerry
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    Lol microsoft , lol i.e. lol BlackBerry

lol fed..
  • compuease wrote: »
    lol fed..

lmao comp :laugh: