Good TV Shows You May Not Know

Comments

• I might get lynched for saying this but it is better than The Walking Dead!!!!
    String him up! >:D

Gotta give this a look since you seem so keen on it..
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Bump again for Utopia -- one of the best new shows I've seen in a long while...check it out.

Uptopia was fantastic and is coming back for a 2nd season.
  • Any Sci Fi fans out there you have to check out Falling Skies. (sorry if its been mentioned before in this thread)

Falling Skies (TV Series 2011

Stars Noah Wyle from ER. Post alien invasion show. Airs on TNT in the states and is currently airing season 3.

I might get lynched for saying this but it is better than The Walking Dead!!!!

Give it a try

Steve

Gotta give this at least an 8/10, watched first 4 episodes of season 1 so far and will definitely continue..
  • Watched almost all of the Hell on Wheels marathon this past Saturday. Decent show . . . and the marathon format is seriously making me think about cutting the cable.
  • I know it was said above, but Ray Donovan is quite good.

PS -- where is HMole these days?
  • Deep in prayer . . . it's the Habs only hope next season.
    I know it was said above, but Ray Donovan is quite good.

PS -- where is HMole these days?

France

Ray Donovan is pretty good. So is Crossing Lines. I just finished re watching White Collar, Season starts in September and I wanted everything fresh in my mind.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Gotta give this at least an 8/10, watched first 4 episodes of season 1 so far and will definitely continue..

Hey Comp. Glad you enjoyed falling skies. I can only say that it gets even better.

Thank you for confirming how good this show is. I always thought it was one of the most underrated shows on tv.

Steve
  • Just watched Joe Rogan Questions Everything. His new show on SyFy. Not bad. The first few episodes were on big foot, weaponized weather and robosapien.
  • Low Winter Sun is quite good...will check out Falling Skies tonight
  • Any Sci Fi fans out there you have to check out Falling Skies. (sorry if its been mentioned before in this thread)

Stars Noah Wyle from ER. Post alien invasion show. Airs on TNT in the states and is currently airing season 3.

Give it a try

Steve

Damn, I forgot I tried watching this a couple years ago...just not for me
  • Brooklyn nine nine
  • History buffs might like The White Queen
    Brooklyn nine nine

+1.

just watched episode 1 only so far but i like it. if you like andy sandberg check it out.
    will check out Falling Skies tonight

i watched episode 1 and 2. it was okay. i feel like they tried to go through the plot way way too fast though. in 2 episodes they had the big group together, they split up, then main guy took a smaller group off on their own, then he came back after some craziness, then he left again for some more adventures, then he came back again, and then he left yet again! i mean, it's episode 1 and 2 of season 1. perhaps some character development first before the plot conflict goes ape shit.

also, i wasn't too keen on how it's seems so easy for the humans to simple run away from the advanced alien technology that destroyed the earth so easily. they run into the aliens all the time and the humans just run away like it would be that easy.

all that said, i'll probably still keep watching it as it's better than most of the crap on tv. i'm just picky i guess.
  • Been watching Hannibal lately.
    Explores the early relationship between the renowned psychiatrist and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler, who is haunted by his ability to empathize with serial killers.

Scores an 8.4 on IMDB with 50K votes.
  • A friend of mine loves "Banshee"

But I haven't watched it yet...

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    A friend of mine loves "Banshee"

But I haven't watched it yet...

Mark

I think Mole mentioned that one at one point. Said it was good.

I've got the first episode, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
  • is there multiple season's of Orange is the new black?
  • I never mentioned hannibal is actually a great show, its a well put together concept of prequal to the movies.
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    is there multiple season's of Orange is the new black?
    I've been waiting for the 2nd season on Netflix. I bet it will be some time in 2014.
  • watched the first episode of Rick and Morty....strange. But I'll give it another try.
  • I've watched the first five episodes of Under the Dome. So far I'm enjoying it. I think it's just a miniseries and is only one season though. Obviously you have to ignore some plot holes and issues of having a giant dome fall over a whole town, but still worth a chance I think.
  • Watched Mob City last night . . . new show from Frank Darabont, starring the guy who played "Shane" on Walking Dead. Very film noir show. Nicely done, but I think it will not be a long term success. Not many like me who like that sort of thing.
  • Bored as fuck with TV lately.
    Using Movie Box app on Playbook, Showbox app on iPad. New movies and most all of the TV shows updated nightly.

The Fall on Netflix is solid. British cop/thriller show. Worth watching first season.
    Scully from XFiles days is really good in it.

Give it a try

Steve

Wife and I were looking for something that wasn't morbidly disturbing, depressing and scary before we jumped in to the third season of American Horror Story.

Thought we'd give Falling Skies a try.

There are some mixed reviews of this show in this thread. Wife and I watched the first few episodes a couple of days ago.

Will not likely watch again. Ended up not giving a damn about any of the characters. Story jumped around so much it just seemed silly.

Next day we watched the first episode of Banshee. Both of us absolutely loved it.
  • I finished Banshee

Pretty solid, but I actually had some episodes where there was an uncomfortable amount of violence (not something that usually bothers me). Also, for a little backwater town.... (spoilers)

WHY IS EVERYONE SO GODDAMNED RAPE-Y?!?!?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I finished Banshee

Pretty solid, but I actually had some episodes where there was an uncomfortable amount of violence (not something that usually bothers me). Also, for a little backwater town.... (spoilers)

WHY IS EVERYONE SO GODDAMNED RAPE-Y?!?!?

Mark

Uh oh. There was some pretty good (nasty) stuff in the first episode! I'm assuming this show isn't going to get very uplifting as time goes on. If the 'horror guru' of PFC found the violence uncomfortable this could be an issue down the road.

It really can be difficult to find a 'middle ground' tv show to watch with your significant other. I tend towards darker, not everything has to be happy shows. Wife is ok with this for the most part, but wants something a little lighter hearted every now and again.
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    watched the first episode of Rick and Morty....strange. But I'll give it another try.

hilarious show, watch the 2nd and 3rd episodes they are way better even.
  • If anyone needs a link to watch basically any complete tv series on your computer, just PM me.