Good TV Shows You May Not Know

Comments

• Nah,

It lists like 5 sites that are hosting the show, and you go there. You'll have to close some popups, and look for vidxden and novamov as the mirror sites. I've used it for years without viruses / sign ups. Some have the "type the word" botcheck.

Mark
  • 1channel is my goto site via xbmc on appletv. Hardly ever any problems and have almost everything
  • Borealis is good and, I believe, Canadian
  • Caught the pilot episode of Banshee the other night and found it strangely appealing. Something about badass mennonites peaked my interest.

Girls and House of Lies both started second season, Californication season 6(?)....really enjoy them.
  • #grindluck
  • Girls is amazing
    ....there, I said it!
  • Utopia is well done and the first episode was pretty interesting.

The Following (Kevin Bacon) I found uninteresting and unnecessarily violent/graphic.
  • Caught the pilot episode of Banshee the other night and found it strangely appealing. Something about badass mennonites peaked my interest.

Girls and House of Lies both started second season, Californication season 6(?)....really enjoy them.

House of Lies is pretty entertaining.

New episode of Suits last week as well.
  • House of lies is back!! Awesome. You guys are gay couldn't get into girls at all. This sentence makes me gay I think
  • Bump again for Utopia -- one of the best new shows I've seen in a long while...check it out.
  • House of Cards...Kevin Spacey = good
  • Scam City - National Geographic Channel - UK

Scam City National Geographic UK doc where the presenter travels the world interviewing street level scammers and exposing underground economies. Watched the episode in Vegas last night. Very interesting.

Can't wait to see the others.

Scam City National Geographic UK doc where the presenter travels the world interviewing street level scammers and exposing underground economies. Watched the episode in Vegas last night. Very interesting.

will watch -- which episode # was Vegas?

Vice is awesome news/documentary type show
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    will watch -- which episode # was Vegas?

Vice is awesome news/documentary type show

9 of 10. eztv.it

Downloaded and watched the first episode 'Buenos Aires' tonight to check it out. Honestly, seems like almost every situation that happened was clearly set up and staged. We were more laughing at the obviousness of it than interested in the show. Not sure maybe it got less fake as it went along and the Vegas episode was better but I'll pass :bs:
  • I watched the Vegas episode...didn't really like it either:(
  • Vegas episode was pretty tame. Undercover cameras for printed flyer exchange ? Lame sauce
  • In Buenos Aires it wasn't the tameness at all....it was just completely staged pickpocketing of the host dramatically caught on camera (and of course when confronted about it the pickpocket thug looking team quietly admit to the crime with no issues and stick around for the on camera interview after. Then there was the host catching the legendary 'black widow' drugging his wine on hidden camera in a hotel room when he steps out for 8 seconds....she also calmly admits she drugged the wine and without skipping a beat or getting stressed at all conducts a complete interview on the spot. Then there was the meeting he somehow arranged with these counterfeiters...wearing rubber masks and carrying shotguns with a table spread with loose bills and a few rounds of rifle ammunition. The host attempts to touch the money on the table...the large pro wrestling looking fella agressively pumps his shotgun letting him know not to touch the money. There wasn't one in the chamber before I guess? It was truly hilarious...it's almost worth watching that one episode just for the laughs. I was amazed National Geographic put their name on it.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Banshee

That's like soooo post 156.

Second season of The Newsroom begins tonight.

Another new addition to my viewing schedule is Ray Donovan. 2 episodes in and after each I felt like I needed a shower.
  • for realz? was good...also, The Killing season 3 started a few weeks ago...downloading Newsroom as we type
  • Haven't watched it yet, but ..

"Rectify" seems like it would be interesting to me at least. Basically a dude who was on death row, new evidence throws doubt to his guilt and he is set free. He is trying re-adjust to normal life. One review said that the season finale was the most soul crushing, tear-jerking piece of tv he'd ever seen - including THAT episode of Game of Thrones.

Mark
  • Two good shows I just heard about. Might be new to some others as well. Both rate near 8/10 on IMDB:

The Americans - cold war spy thriller

Hell on Wheels - western
  • Orange is the New Black is getting a lot of buzz.
  • Great first scene if you like jugs. Ep 1 boring, 2 got better
  • I'm confused. What's the new grape drank?
  • Ep 3 and 4 boring. Orange is the new purple
  • Just marathonned OitnB. I feel it's going to be the next Weeds, each season tries to top the last season in outrageousness. In fact, the main character's even the same.

Predicting I'll keep watching just for the sake of finishing the story (and more boobs). Not overly impressive but I'm sure it will keep going multiple seasons with a following of people who just got too invested in the first seasons and feel they have to keep going.

5.5/10. Would be higher if I hadn't seen Weeds and couldn't predict storylines.
  • Any Sci Fi fans out there you have to check out Falling Skies. (sorry if its been mentioned before in this thread)

Falling Skies (TV Series 2011

Stars Noah Wyle from ER. Post alien invasion show. Airs on TNT in the states and is currently airing season 3.

I might get lynched for saying this but it is better than The Walking Dead!!!!

Give it a try

Steve