Cash game help

Looking to improve my cash game play.

Is there any books or vids you would recommend?

Comments

• Live or online?
  • harrington on holdem books 1 and 2
  • play more, raise more, fold more.
  • costanza wrote: »
    Live or online?

online to start. Once I improve more then live will be an option
  • trigs wrote: »
    harrington on holdem books 1 and 2

I have #1 but was wondering what else might be out there.

Thanks
  • play against milo
  • Numbnutz wrote: »
    I have #1 but was wondering what else might be out there.

Thanks

the theory of poker by sklansky is also a must read.

i also don't mind phil gordon's little green and little blue books.
  • Macke wrote: »
    play against milo

Have we played cash? ???
  • How do you take in knowledge better, visually or through reading? Angel Largay has a good book on low limit NLHE, but it is oriented more to live play.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Angel Largay has a good book on low limit NLHE, but it is oriented more to live play.

I liked this book. Help think outside the box.
  • Milo wrote: »
    How do you take in knowledge better, visually or through reading? Angel Largay has a good book on low limit NLHE, but it is oriented more to live play.

Reading - Live is my goal but not quite ready to step up to that lvl yet.
  • I like watching poker after dark I find it helpful. I also like Daniel Negreanus book Hold'em Wisdom for all Players.. and General you-tubing for specific situations/elements.
  • yavvy wrote: »
    I like watching poker after dark I find it helpful. I also like Daniel Negreanus book Hold'em Wisdom for all Players.. and General you-tubing for specific situations/elements.

idk if i think watching PAD, High Stakes Poker, or other poker tv shows are a good way to help you learn how to play. however, i do enjoy watching an episode or two before a serious grind session. puts me in the mood to play.
  • I have found it very useful especially PAD as you see more of the actual play than than just the highlights that other poker shows have.
  • Does anyone have any erxperience using Leak Buster?
  • Hi, i've used Leakbuster. I've gotten alot out of the program. Initially i thought it was just stats, etc but there is alot of training content, filters, steps, etc It covers quite a bit, and it really does find some deeper situations where you are not playing optimally or missing value. i do recommend it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to maximize it for reviewing etc. bu there are alot of filters that you can run, that make bringing up scenarios pretty easy.

i did just discover a "members section" that has some workshop vids, kind of stumbled on it by accident. Was planning to check those out.

good luck!

Also i did just re-read Black Rain 79's - Crushing the microstakes. It is a great e-book for the micros.
  • Hi, i've used Leakbuster. I've gotten alot out of the program. Initially i thought it was just stats, etc but there is alot of training content, filters, steps, etc It covers quite a bit, and it really does find some deeper situations where you are not playing optimally or missing value. i do recommend it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to maximize it for reviewing etc. bu there are alot of filters that you can run, that make bringing up scenarios pretty easy.

i did just discover a "members section" that has some workshop vids, kind of stumbled on it by accident. Was planning to check those out.

good luck!

Also i did just re-read Black Rain 79's - Crushing the microstakes. It is a great e-book for the micros.

hmm...
  • Ran some Positional stuff in Leakbuster yesterday. Was pretty shocked to see how much i was losing from the blinds. I thought i was playing pretty tight from the blinds, but i am losing quite a bit there, and it is really messing up my winrate.

Just curious what your blind strategy is, and what kind of numbers you guys are showing there?

Thanks.
  • Ran some Positional stuff in Leakbuster yesterday. Was pretty shocked to see how much i was losing from the blinds. I thought i was playing pretty tight from the blinds, but i am losing quite a bit there, and it is really messing up my winrate.

Just curious what your blind strategy is, and what kind of numbers you guys are showing there?

Thanks.

everyone is a loser in the blinds.
    Reading - Live is my goal but not quite ready to step up to that lvl yet.

Step up?

You know online is much more difficult than live right?
  • yavvy wrote: »
    I have found it very useful especially PAD as you see more of the actual play than than just the highlights that other poker shows have.

You have to be a pretty competent player already to play as wide as they do though?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Step up?

You know online is much more difficult than live right?

No, I wasn't aware of this but it does make sense with all traffic online. Was also thinking that it wont actually help me prepare as it would probably play different live?
  • jontm wrote: »
    You have to be a pretty competent player already to play as wide as they do though?

you do - but that is not to say there isnt a lot you can take from their actions. I dont think I could play the crap they play and win but it helps me a lot with putting palyers on ranges of hands
  • Well, i'm losing -45 bb/100 from the BB, and -33 bb/100 from the SB. i'm not sure if those numbers are really high, or if that is normal?

Leakbuster gives you info on actions from each position, like if your c-bet is too low from SB, or VPIP from BB. But i don't see anything that gives you an "optimal" winrate or anything like that from the SB/BB, so was just curious what you guys were getting?

I play 6 max, so if anyone has any 6 max numbers that would be cool.
  • They just posted a new free Leakbuster video on the HM2 site. It is a vid on playing the turn called "To barrel or not to barrel?". Goes over profitable and unprofitable spots to fire a second barrel. Pretty good vid. i guess they are adding some new training content to the program.
  • The best way to learn is to take advice from the pros. Daniel Negreanu explains how he learned to build his bankroll in a video at:

Look into that and other videos from pros such as Phil Ivey and Jonathan Duhamel.
  • Hammer time
  • have you tried Polished Poker? It's a free 174 page poker ebook.
  • learn well before playing poker ... I think that the game of life is very important ...
    Looking to improve my cash game play.

Is there any books or vids you would recommend?

I would highly recommend "Caro's most profitable Hold'em Advice" best $35 you can spend on a book. Any work you can find by Mike Caro is gold. And if you don't want to dish out money for the book, almost everything in it can be found at his website "poker1.com". The website is an amazing wealth of information.