Good TV Shows You May Not Know

Comments

• Episdoe 3 of Luck tonight. Enjoyed it again, Dustin Hoffman is really coming to "form".

A bit sad that through 3 episodes only 20 seconds regarding the "hot box" and no sign yet of heaving bowls. Guess they want to keep that Hollywood gloss on the jockey room more than I expected.

EDIT: And I never grow tired of watching Kitchener's own Jill Hennesey
  • Caught Ricky Gervais' new show 'Life's Too Short" staring Warwick Davis. Very funny.
  • Yeah, the Gary Stevens character is very disappointing so far. For a hall of fame jockey he's a much better actor than what they've given him so far. The washed up drunk ex-jock bit needs a different angle and I'd bet it's coming.

Didn't even realize the female jockey is Canada's own Chantal Sutherland. She's made me a few bucks at Woodbine over the years.

The poker to this point is so bad and if it's going to be a real storyline it has got to stop being so predictable. I think the behind the scenes at the track is well done if more than a little tough to follow for the casual racing fan.

Just watched episode two last night. Really liking this show thus far, but totally agree that the behind the scenes racing stuff is totally overwhelming for someone that knows absolutely zero about horse racing.

Was very impressed right off the start with the intro music though. Have never had to turn my subwoofer down due to stuff shaking throughout the house.
  • New season of East Bound and Down bitches.

It's medicinal, but not for aids.
  • Heard on the radio that Luck has been cancelled due to too many horses dying on the set. And I was really starting to get into it too.

HBO gambles and loses: Luck cancelled - Winnipeg Free Press
  • Crappy, whats Nick Nolte gonna do?
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Heard on the radio that Luck has been cancelled due to too many horses dying on the set. And I was really starting to get into it too.

HBO gambles and loses: Luck cancelled - Winnipeg Free Press

Suxor.
  • I've been working my way through QI (Quite Interesting), a British panel show hosted by Stephen Fry. Great for trivia buffs who like British humour (or at least humorous British people).

And bumping this thread for Game of Thrones, since s2 is starting this Sunday!
  • Party Down is a decent sitcom
  • idk if its mentioned ITT but if anyone liked Entourage you'll love House of Lies (Don Cheadle, HBO).

Just watched the first season and waiting for more.
  • Got the first 4 season of Sons of Anarchy. Just watched the first three shows. Yea, I can see the draw on this one.
  • Gold Rush Alaska and Bering Sea Gold.

Two train wrecks you don't want to miss.
  • The Killing season 2 started on Sunday. The first two episodes can be downloaded for free on itunes.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    The Killing season 2 started on Sunday. The first two episodes can be downloaded for free on itunes.

I saw that...why don't you just download via torrents where its always free?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »

pretty sure if you download on torrents, you still need to convert it to play on the ipad, upload the file to itunes and then synch the ipad to itunes. A lot easier and quicker to just download direct (and quality is assured). Episodes 3+ I will torrent for sure.

Did I miss an episode in season 1? Seems to be a gap from Season 1 to the start of Season 2. Did the counselor get shot at the end of Season 1?
    pretty sure if you download on torrents, you still need to convert it to play on the ipad, upload the file to itunes and then synch the ipad to itunes. A lot easier and quicker to just download direct (and quality is assured). Episodes 3+ I will torrent for sure.

Did I miss an episode in season 1? Seems to be a gap from Season 1 to the start of Season 2. Did the counselor get shot at the end of Season 1?

I can't recall, but there are 13 episodes listed on EZTV for season 1
    The Killing season 2 started on Sunday. The first two episodes can be downloaded for free on itunes.
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    pokerJAH wrote: »

GTA Poker wrote: »
    I can't recall, but there are 13 episodes listed on EZTV for season 1
    Has hell frozen over? You guys being nice to each other is almost too much for me... :D
  • compuease wrote: »
    Has hell frozen over? You guys being nice to each other is almost too much for me... :D

He's due for his monthly soon
  • compuease wrote: »

Its really thread dependant..kind of like multi thread personalities.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    He's due for his monthly soon

Alright, I will play friendly. Never know when I might need a drive to the Commerce.
    Did the counselor get shot at the end of Season 1?

see below...,

yes
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    idk if its mentioned ITT but if anyone liked Entourage you'll love House of Lies (Don Cheadle, HBO).

good lookin out wetts

im hooked
    idk if its mentioned ITT but if anyone liked Entourage you'll love House of Lies (Don Cheadle, HBO).

Just in time, have rewatched Season 1-4 of the Wire, waiting for season 5 to go up.

Watched the first 2 ep last night was very good. ( Wife/i liked Entourage as well.)

that shit is good...knew i kept you around for a reason

#nowmakemesomemoniesatpokerz
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    "Sherlock" - a UK program about Sherlock Holmes in modern times is pretty good. On Netflix

Mark

Believe I had 2 referrals on this one. We watched 2 episodes of Sherlock so far, seems we're liking BBC shows now.

I've also heard of The Inbetweeners but no samples yet.
  • Episodes is not bad
  • Looks like another good one on HBO, called "girls"
  • Can't believe I didn't watch soa till now, onto season 2
    Looks like another good one on HBO, called "girls"

yeah I watch this with my gf, and I like it lol