Timex Class at MIT, Vekked involved.

came across this tonight, and there are some great topics In the lecture slides.

gonna have to try to download later, (damn I-Pad!)

If its good enough for MIT class credit, prob worth the (free) price!

MIT 15.S50

Comments

• yah Will Ma (CutiePi314 on stars) teaches it, and he had Timex as a guest speaker. Pretty awesome. Vekked gonna be private coaching wow
  • Should do the same thing at Wloo..
  • Oh how they grow up...

Will Ma used to be a 9 or 10 year old kid coming out to the Magic: the Gathering events that I used to judge. I feel so old now that he is teaching courses at MIT!
  • magic the gathering sucks HA....I played that for far far too long before I realized its ALL based on luck!
  • Hundreds of MIT-ers being taught or coached by elite players about ICM, Nash Equilibrium. building a bankroll and the Baluga Theorem. MIT is also having a poker bot competition course where students can earn six units of MIT credit if they can successfully build a completely autonomous poker bot that can beat a group of “reference players.”

gg online poker :'(
  • Yea its terrible that all that information is available in original PDF form online for free, and the lectures are taped and free on youtube.

Anyone have any links to where I can sign up and pay for this stuff?
  • IIRC, this is not an entire course, but rather one in a sort of lecture series (think Idea City in T.O.).
  • Wow just turned on lec 1 part 2 of 2....

Everyone's quiet for so long and you're wondering if anyone's getting it or even paying attention and then all of a sudden near the middle he puts a flop up and the class just starts to bubble.

Spoiler: He talks about outs and the turn and by the time he shows the river the class gasps, cheers, and starts applauding ???

• lol @ my name being mentioned along with those other names, 1 day
  • MIT? really :P
  • getem76 wrote: »
    magic the gathering sucks HA....I played that for far far too long before I realized its ALL based on luck!

Funny - I hear people saying the same thing about poker all the time too, but it is the same in both games - the best players always seem to come out on top.
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Funny - I hear people saying the same thing about poker all the time too, but it is the same in both games - the best players always seem to come out on top.

Or they get 3 out rivered by Al. ;)
  • Or they get 3 out rivered by Al. ;)

I for one don't believe that ever happens.
  • DataMn wrote: »
    ya i assume its skill much like pokemon theres a luck factor but its gonna likely be just like poker.

Anyway these lectures are what i needed soooo bad, its unreal and im freaking out :D
  • darbday wrote: »
    ya i assume its skill much like pokemon theres a luck factor but its gonna likely be just like poker.

Anyway these lectures are what i needed soooo bad, its unreal and im freaking out :D

Hopefully some are enjoying them, it's nice to post some actual poker content once in awhile ;p

I read a few, anyone have any luck downloading before they discover the missed economic opportunity?