Good TV Shows You May Not Know

Comments

• Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I am currently addicted to Korean Dramas..they're utterly ridiculous and feature hot asian women.

/thread.

ur mom
  • compuease wrote: »
    Wasn't trying to write a review.

Your new gf must have starched all your shorts, you really seem to have a hate on for my opinion lately... :-\ What's wrong bud?

I'm ok...don't take any wooden nickels!
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    ur mom

no u
  • hooked on breaking bad now, wow what a great show.
  • Got a new one:

Luther

watched 1st episode, was ok. It has 2 seasons, 6 episodes each, from the BBC.
    How Not To Live Your Life.

Only British show I've ever found funny.

Started watching today. Not bad. I guess some of these British shows are hard to find on the torrents? Use to love 'Some Mothers Do Have Em' when I was young.
    still couldn't do it...soon

Started watching it, I'm enjoying it a lot. The intro is scarier than the show though lol, but it's definitely entertaining.
  • supernatural. Use to watch this a lot in uni. didnt keep up with it. Think I saw the first 5 seasons was a pretty sick show
  • supernatural. Use to watch this a lot in uni. didnt keep up with it. Think I saw the first 5 seasons was a pretty sick show

Dude!!! Watch Season 6! Best by far!!
  • yeah I watched a couple episodes, should get back into. I did love it haha
  • supernatural is a great show... it started as a we kill this we kill that show and morphed into a pretty cool storyline..

also addicted to walking dead.. im jonesin' bad for this 2 month break to be over.
  • im jonesin' bad for this 2 month break to be over.

Me too. It's actually an excellent marketing strategy. I can't remember many shows that have taken a few months off like this mid season. I just wish the guy who created the original comic book hadn't assumed a much reduced role in the production. I really think the show needs his stronger input.
  • Umm..

This break isn't a Walking Dead thing. It seems to be the norm now, at least for the shows I've been following. TWD, House, Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother, all seem to be taking a mid-season break, at least a month.

Mark
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    The League, Community, Southland

Started watching bolded, seal of approval.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »

Mark

You're welcome :)

/g2
  • Eastbound and Down. Produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. How much you like the first 3-4 minutes of the premiere is a pretty good indicator of whether you'll like the show.
  • Eastbound and Down. Produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. How much you like the first 3-4 minutes of the premiere is a pretty good indicator of whether you'll like the show.

Like that show, but need moar.
  • I like New Girl and Happy Endings, and I don't care who knows it.
  • DrTyore wrote: »

Mark

"I don't wanna have any conversations about what a mysterious, inscrutable man I am."

lol
  • New HBO series "Luck". Second episode tonight. Faneffingtastic so far.

Yeah. I think I posted about the first episode a month or so ago...looked good.

Really? I watched the first 15 minutes of the first episode and insta flipped the channel.

It gets better I assume?
    Yeah. I think I posted about the first episode a month or so ago...looked good.

Ha. You did so. USA does have it's advantages.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Really? I watched the first 15 minutes of the first episode and insta flipped the channel.

It gets better I assume?

Better in a bad sort of way. What can I say.....I like me some degens.
  • "Sherlock" - a UK program about Sherlock Holmes in modern times is pretty good. On Netflix

Mark
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »

It gets better I assume?

I found the second episode nearly unwatchable
    I found the second episode nearly unwatchable

The poker was "tres cliche" but I am waiting with bated breath to see where it goes. Methinks it's gonna get ugly. If it turns into a feelgood story I will feel jilted.
  • The poker was "tres cliche" but I am waiting with bated breath to see where it goes. Methinks it's gonna get ugly. If it turns into a feelgood story I will feel jilted.

I think I was surprised when I found the first episode online a month ago as it was a really unexpected cast, but when I watched the second one today I found most of the acting terribad. The scene where the bald male jockey stands pensively with his hand on his chin for 20 seconds was especially tilting, not to mention the KK all in on a AQx rainbow board for 25k over table stakes...ugh.
    The scene where the bald male jockey stands pensively with his hand on his chin for 20 seconds was especially tilting, not to mention the KK all in on a AQx rainbow board for 25k over table stakes...ugh.

Yeah, the Gary Stevens character is very disappointing so far. For a hall of fame jockey he's a much better actor than what they've given him so far. The washed up drunk ex-jock bit needs a different angle and I'd bet it's coming.

Didn't even realize the female jockey is Canada's own Chantal Sutherland. She's made me a few bucks at Woodbine over the years.

The poker to this point is so bad and if it's going to be a real storyline it has got to stop being so predictable. I think the behind the scenes at the track is well done if more than a little tough to follow for the casual racing fan.