CPF Online Heads Up Tourney

This tourney will be single knockout.

This tourney will be held on Pokerstars so when you sign up please give your Stars account name too. If you wish to play your match on Stars, but can not create private tourneys, let me know the date and time and with enough notice, I will create the tourney for you.

FYI - if you wish to be able to create your own private tourneys on Stars, simply email support@pokerstars.com and request it.

Entry Fee will be $5 for round 1 and you will carry your winnings forward to the next match. A 32 person tournament will have 5 rounds.
Round 2 $10
Round 3 $20 Quarters
Round 4 $30 Semi's
Round 5 $50 Final

So Quarter-final winners onward, will be banking some of their winnings.

Champion takes home approx $120 *not including rake paid
Finalist $20
Semifinalist $10

Your total cost will be $5 plus what ever rake you pay.

Here is the section where we beg Graham for swag. Also anyone going to the Poker Expo who scores crappy swag, feel free to donate your crap.

Entries close Sat. Nov. 14 and Round 1 will be begin Sun. Nov. 15 and you will have two weeks to arrange and play your match. Anyone not completing round 1 by Sun. Nov. 29 will be automatically DQ'd.

Last Year's Winner: compuease

Last years signups are below. Confirm and I will remove the asterix from your name. New signups welcome, I'll add you to the bottom. I will hold spots for last year's players for one week and after that it is first come first served.

Forum Name (Stars name)
Moose (cdnmoose07)
Graham (closemaster)
Hobbes (Hobbes614)
JohnnieH (homerbuddy)
MarcoGD (MarcoGD)
jdAA88 (julesdAA)
wolffhound (wolffhound)
westside8 (wesleyW)
DrTyore (DrTyore)
Kristy_Sea (Kristy_Sea)
DataMn
Wetts1012 (Wetts1012)
Dead Money (Dillo)
STR82ACE (goinggrey)
DennisG (dennisBC)
schabs (schabert)
The Prophet 22 (Prophet22)
Blazin 72 (Blazin72)
Quimby (kelly_kabob)
Voodoo
compuease (compuease)
T8urmoney (T8yourmoney)
helmuthsmole
cool_teen (Nova_786)
reibs (REEBS77)
Cerebus (McAusland)
smitts1134 (smitts_lgp)
Pinhead (BAshfield11)
lunatic (doverben4)
wildbill7145 (wildbill7145)
mudguts (TheHumungous)
krazykoby (krazykoby)
Lanterne Rouge (Dorick77)
suited pair (pitatoe)
Reef_Aquarium (twoplustwo)

We will cap the tourney at 32 and see how it goes.

Comments

• julesdAA, I'm in for this!
  • In to get destroyed in the first round again.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    In to get destroyed in the first round again.

Same here
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Same here

You need to run better in flipaments :)
  • Sign me up if you have an opening.....bragging rights on quickest 1st round exit (I'd say call me the Leafs, but they don't make the playoffs)
  • In if there's a spot.

Where the hell was I last time?

Edie : Forgot ID HelmuthsMo!e
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Sign me up if you have an opening.....bragging rights on quickest 1st round exit (I'd say call me the Leafs, but they don't make the playoffs)

You'll have to bust on the first hand. Last year Kristy def JAH in 2 hands.
  • In to defend... mmoose and compuease in the final again.. book it!

FYI, I and several others of us can also create private tournies on stars so can help there if you like.
  • I can create too. You can always create a separate "game creation request thread" or something like that too.

Btw, I'll play if there's an opening and I'm all in first hand in the first round. =P
  • how can the this party go forward with out me common. i am in also but wondering how this layout works i didn't really understand like how much will be the buy in and rounds which opponents ? thanks
  • It's very simple. The buyin for the first game is $5. If you lose, you are out and no further worries. The buyin for the second round is $10, but you are using the winnings from the first game. The buyin for the third round is $20, but again you are carrying forward your winnings anyways. Just be careful not to blow your winnings between games and you are making money after the third round.
  • I will play if there is a spot. Username is REEBS77 on P*

Thanks
  • Anyone opposed to bumping up the ladder from 32 to 64 if theres enough interest to play? Or even 2 separate 32 player ladders?
  • :qc
    schabs wrote: »
    Anyone opposed to bumping up the ladder from 32 to 64 if theres enough interest to play? Or even 2 separate 32 player ladders?

sure man. that will be good but tournament is set to be too late why mid of novemember why not early?
  • In. McAusland. I'll talk to hockref and see if he has enough in his roll to play :)
  • I am in... as for swag I'll see what I can do... I think I gave away most of the good stuff I had left at the golf tournament. I'll take a look around tomorrow.
  • I am in again...Damn Prophet better not beat me up first round again. ;)

DennisBC
  • In.
    schabs wrote: »
    bumping up the ladder from 32 to 64 if theres enough interest to play?
  • I'll play in this again. It was fun getting raped by Kristy.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I am in again...Damn Prophet better not beat me up first round again. ;)

DennisBC

? It must be too early. I can't find your name in the list.
  • schabs wrote: »
    Anyone opposed to bumping up the ladder from 32 to 64 if theres enough interest to play? Or even 2 separate 32 player ladders?

That's fine. You go recruit another 40 members with money and accounts on Stars. I'm sure Graham would love to give out the referral bucks.
  • moose wrote: »
    ? It must be too early. I can't find your name in the list.

Aha. Found it. Multi-accounting eh?
  • Debating to join in or not...will let you know in another week or so.
  • id be interested in this

smitts_lgp

although i cant (yet) create private tourneys
  • somebody can have my spot
  • moose wrote: »
    Aha. Found it. Multi-accounting eh?

I learn from the best ;) Is my account frozen now? Yeah, had Graham change my name so the Big Slick people could track me down..
  • Sure.. I'll go again...

Mark