Dascoupe's 10k hands 0.02/0.04 LIMIT Goal

Alright I've decided to set a poker goal for myself (Besides building bankroll because so far that hasn't really been working!)

I want to get a large enough sample of a single type of game, so I choose $0.02/$0.04 Limit on Pokerstars, full ring... I'll shoot to hit 10k hands by the end of June, while not angering the wife or work!

I'm going to post this here mostly for my own recordkeeping, but also so anyone can give me any input!!

Onwards with my screen captures:
Day One:
060909.jpg
Day Two:
[img][/img]061009-2.jpg

Comments

• update your will immediately then...

remove all alcohol before 2000 hands...

remove all pointy objects from the house before you hit 4000 hands...

remove matches and all flammables before 6000 hands...

remove all pets and family members before 8000 hands...
  • hahahad don't worry, I don't have a will so it'll all be hers!

Any particular reason pertaining to my stats? Or just in general ?
  • I'm referring more to 10000 hands of winning handfuls of pennies at a time. My wife ground about $6 starting at .05/.1 into over $6k, so it can be done but I doubt she would go through that again.

But specifically to your stats:
    vpip too high
    defending your blinds too low
    attempt to steal way too low
    won when seeing flop too low
    pf raise too low
    can't see your total AF but I'm guessing it's too low
  • Ok dumb question, what is AF?
  • DasCoupe wrote: »
    Ok dumb question, what is AF?
    Aggression Factor....... at least in Poker Tracker it is...
  • Day 2 shows a total AF of .64 WOW...need to narrow your range more and play more aggressively when you do play. I believe you're limping in way too often and cold calling raises OOP
  • The formula for AF is (Total Times bet + Total Times raise)/ Total Times Calls

Low AF = Passive player
    here's a good article

Overcards Article - Aggression Factor
  • Ok, I see what it is... I'm slightly confused because I do bet and raise quite often, but this shows that I must be calling too often as well!

It does have something to do with my very high VP$IP, because if I was betting and raising as often as I'm playing my BR would probably be down more ;) I'm calling with draws methinks.
  • yes lowering your vpip will improve many of the other numbers. Obviously in this low a limit there are probably 5-6 to the flop almost every time so you will have more odds to draw, but if you are calling in late position with drawing hands and flop big draws then you should be raising when you can close the action - 1. it may get you a free card on the turn and you check behind when you miss the draw, 2. it raises your AF. If you are calling in early position with drawing hands then that is your leak, because it forces you into check/calls that you shouldn't be making, thus lowering your AF.

Also at this level never EVER slow play. You flop a set, don't bother trying to be tricky and checking, just fire away. The play is so bad, they will call anyways. Making bets also increases your AF.

Also click on the 'more detail' button and find your CCPF - cold call preflop raise. This number should be very low because 990 times out of 1000 either you should fold to a preflop raise or you should have a huge hand and be 3 betting. This will also increase your AF - you eliminate calls and make more reraises.
  • Moose has given you some very good advice, Follow it!

I'm going to give you assignments:

// Assumption... playing properly preflop should be enough to beat this level.

For next day....
    1. Print out and play by a good starting hand chart. Tape it to your monitor until you Memorize it.

Each day you get comfortable.
    2. Add 1 table until you're playing 16 or 18. ... add another monitor when you need more screen area.

3. 10,000 hands at 60 hands per hour, with 16 tables ...should take you 10 hours...

3.1 Add 300-600 big blinds to your bankroll.

4. Move up a level and drop down to playing 1 table.... repeat.
  • You will get bored and go busto long before 10k hands.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    You will get bored and go busto long before 10k hands.

Or insane..... lol... I can't imagine doing that.. Do people really try?
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    You will get bored and go busto long before 10k hands.

If he follows Moose's advice and learns to play properly preflop and has 300-600 big bets he won't go broke. If he plays enough tables he won't be bored.
  • Save up money and make a decent deposit like 500 or whatever and play SNGs until you grind out enough of a roll to play .50/1.00

Like previously posted you will go nutzo....

Not to mention you won't really get better at the game playing that low.
  • Very good advice indeed, Reef!

Moose:
    I've long learned never slowplay in limit, totally different strategy than NL where you might get THEM to shove, there is no shoving involved, so if you don't raise, you don't get more money when you win.

I am raising my draws when in late position ALWAYS (flush draws, open-end straights, etc...) for the fact that when I hit it I get paid very well since I've been raising already nobody suspects a completed draw... As well, if I miss the draw on the turn I won't re-raise on the river since my chances are slimmer now.

Great advice on early-position draws... They are the devil.

Reef:

1) I think I've been playing online poker long enough to know what good starting hands are and in what position, but since I am always open for input, so what do you recommend as a good starting hand chart?

2) I am currently playing 5 tables at a time, which never really gets out of control. I'm going to step up to 6 tables today and see how it goes. Things do start happening quickly with more than 4 tables open at once...

3) I currently am running at 50 hands per hour per table, so 250 hands per hour. If I bump up to 8 tables that will be 450 hands per hour.. should get 10k by 24 hours.

3.5) Currently I think I've added ~100bb, so if I keep up good play that shouldn't be a problem!

4) I plan to!

Great advice guys, I really do appreciate it!
  • Easy. Drop small pockets 22-88 unless you are in cutoff, button or blinds and getting 6:1 odds to call. Drop KJ, QJ, J10o except for late position and good odds. Drop Axo where x=8 or less. With multi tables you should easily be able to play tighter. Get your vpip down to 22-26% for 6 max and 18-22% for full ring. If you are opening a pot you mostly should be raising not calling.

If I am playing you, this is how I beat you: You play too many hands and NEVER raise preflop. You win over 50% of the time at showdown, but your WTSD is low. Therefore if you raise preflop I am never playing you unless I have AA or KK. If you limp, I am raising with any decent hand to isolate. If I make it to showdown with you I am rarely betting without a huge hand.

As you move up in levels people pay attention to these things and you will never get paid on your big hands, you will frequently be heads up with players with marginal hands, and you won't win many bets on the river.
    what do you recommend as a good starting hand chart?

For games where players play too loose use the chart from Small Stakes Holdem by Ed Miller.

When you move up to 10/20, use Holdem Poker for Advanced Players.
  • moose wrote: »
    Easy. Drop small pockets 22-88 unless you are in cutoff, button or blinds and getting 6:1 odds to call. Drop KJ, QJ, J10o except for late position and good odds. Drop Axo where x=8 or less. With multi tables you should easily be able to play tighter. Get your vpip down to 22-26% for 6 max and 18-22% for full ring. If you are opening a pot you mostly should be raising not calling.

If I am playing you, this is how I beat you: You play too many hands and NEVER raise preflop. You win over 50% of the time at showdown, but your WTSD is low. Therefore if you raise preflop I am never playing you unless I have AA or KK. If you limp, I am raising with any decent hand to isolate. If I make it to showdown with you I am rarely betting without a huge hand.

As you move up in levels people pay attention to these things and you will never get paid on your big hands, you will frequently be heads up with players with marginal hands, and you won't win many bets on the river.

Awesome post Moose!
  • Your guys advice really did help today! Bumped it up to 8 tabless, and was much more strict on my opening hands, which obviously allowed me to raise much more often.

061109.jpg

I can see my big money makers:

061109-1.jpg

I don't know how I ever played poker before pokertracker! Well... I just didn't know what I was doing! literally!
  • Wow!

You're a much better player than you were yesterday!

Add more tables.

Show us more stats!

New assignment: Stop cold calling.

Looking at your KQo you need to raise *MUCH* more often preflop. 12.5% PFR is too small.

If you get a big unsuited hand think fold or Re-raise!!
    KQo doesn't play well with lots of players, re-raise that puppy up.

My guess is you're limping or cold calling too much.
    Pretty much the only time you cold call is big suited cards like AQs in late position.

If you never cold call this week, I think you would only be making a small mistake.

Think Tight Aggressive!!

If you have a much better than average hand you need to get the money in there.

9 players may call but get that money in there.

congrats, you're starting to play poker.
  • I don't know about KQo. I'll have to check my stats when I get home. KQo is a hand I feel is often overplayed. For sure your PFAF is WAY too low. If you open the pot preflop, don't call - raise.

Your big winners are the easy to play hands. Look at your big losers and see what hands you are playing too often.
  • Thanks for the kind words guys;

I didn't start playing yesterday, but I did just get Pokertracker on Monday... So this whole stats-keeping is all new to me. Loving it so far!

KQ just got lucky a few times! I raise it if I'm in late position, call in mid, fold in early. Hit a few good flops for sure.
  • Awesome informative post on all accounts. Going to have to look into getting pokertracker.
  • Update today, spent nearly 5 hours playing 8 tables and got over 1600 hands in tonight :)

Results:
    061309.jpg

And a graph that makes me feel good:
    061309Graph.jpg
  • I need to get this. Do you have to buy it? Or can I download it somewhere?
  • I think I have 22 days left of my Trial. 30 day trial
  • Quinner wrote: »
    I need to get this. Do you have to buy it? Or can I download it somewhere?

I got mine by bonus whoring from PokerSourceOnline.
  • Ok this is AWESOME!

Your advice has been a godsend when you bump it up to 10-15 tables... 15-tabled for about 2 hours today to bring my total hands over 5k (since we're half way through June and my goal is to be done by the end of the month at the LATEST)

Anyway.

BE AGGRESSIVE! Play SMART! SELECTIVE pre-flop aggression is key!

When you're running 15 tables you don't have time to ponder the odds of your suited connectors... Go back to basics, any pocket pair above 7's, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ, QJ or any Ax suited.

That was my strategy, shove like crazy with one of those hands, and they paid off more often than not... Anyhoo, on to my stats so far!

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Tyler/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Tyler/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]061509.jpg

Good times, playing that many tables is a RUSH! And tiring! 2 hours is the most I can do that for methinks.

Also there is larger varience playing more tables, I was down to $13.50 at like 5200 hands, then at 5300 I was back over $16!
    When you're running 15 tables you don't have time to ponder the odds of your suited connectors... Go back to basics, any pocket pair above 7's, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ, QJ or any Ax suited.

That was my strategy, shove like crazy with one of those hands, and they paid off more often than not... Anyhoo, on to my stats so far!

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Tyler/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Tyler/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]061509.jpg

Good times, playing that many tables is a RUSH! And tiring! 2 hours is the most I can do that for methinks.

Also there is larger varience playing more tables, I was down to $13.50 at like 5200 hands, then at 5300 I was back over $16!

Nice work, In a couple more sessions of 18 tables you should be done.
  • It's good to see that you're getting tighter and more aggressive preflop.

You're probably the best player at any table you're sitting at.

Keep crushing the games!