Ryder Cup

I'd like to be the first to say Thanks to all for coming out and to AJ for his part in organizing. I think we had a lot better team than the results showed. I was extremely disappointed in my own performance and hope I don't have another day like that in a long time. It seemed every time I turned around I got outplayed, outwitted, out drawn or just damn unlucky. It was a great day mind you. Now back to taking on bus's train's and drunken newfies.

Comments

• I want to thank all Ching Hill team members for actively participating in the event. It was my second (and Joe's), but for the rest of you, it was your first event, and weren't really sure how it would go. You played great poker, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did.

KUDOS TO MY TEAM MEMBERS!!

Especially BusDriver, for taking down the Team MVP, AND for coming in second in the EVENT MVP. Guess to make it to first Jeff, you needed several beers to prime yourself with, huh? :D

Don't let our finish disappoint you, I for one am quite proud of our results, and now that we all know what to expect for the next one, we'll be more than ready for it.

Highlight to MY day...taking out STP on the Captians Table with pocket Kings. SWEEEEEEEET!
  • OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not know you took out stp.. RIGHT ON AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL.. I wish you had brought your cam ... I would have taken a pic.. OF THAT ONE....

As you guys KNow I was on your side all the way...

Luv yas
  • As you guys KNow I was on your side all the way...

Oh, btw, did I thank you for busting my ass in headsup? :rage:
  • Great day, I came home so buzzed, I think I didn’t stop talking about it for any hour.  AJ, thanks for pulling us all together.  If it wasn’t for you organizing Ching. Hill, I wouldn’t have met this great bunch of players.  Then again, for rallying us to take the show on the road to Ryder’s.

From what I saw, everybody had an enjoyable day.  I love the camaraderie, sharing intel, and pwning the occasional player with teammates watching.

So many memorial moments, but if had to just pick one...

:D:DQ2  :D:D
  • Yeah...it was a great day! I played poker with some awesome people, and it was great to meet so many forum members.

I loved worrying not only about how I was doing, but also how all my teammates were doing.

Gotta give props to The People's Champ for his awesome performance! I hope you enjoyed the song (ok, the 1 chorus) I made up in your honour.

Oh...funniest part of the day for me...other people trying to pronounce Chinguacousy :D
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    Highlight to MY day...taking out STP on the Captians Table with pocket Kings.  SWEEEEEEEET!

Yeah, that was a nice hand. I had to move, can't sit around and wait for aces all day :) You would have needed a couple of roles of film to have captured all the pictures yesterday of me being schooled. Hopefully your mention of knocking me out was a reference of respect and not of dislike. You played well as did Jeremy the eventual winner of our table.

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    STR82ACE wrote:
    Highlight to MY day...taking out STP on the Captians Table with pocket Kings. SWEEEEEEEET!

Yeah, that was a nice hand. I had to move, can't sit around and wait for aces all day :) You would have needed a couple of roles of film to have captured all the pictures yesterday of me being schooled. Hopefully your mention of knocking me out was a reference of respect and not of dislike. You played well as did Jeremy the eventual winner of our table.

stp

No disrespect whatsoever, Shannon. Actually, I will admit, being on the Captains Table was more than a little intimidating for me, but I did okay in the long run. When I was handed my KK, I just wanted SOME action. When it got folded to you in the BB, and you went allin, I gave myself a little cheer for getting someone involved and being able to take them out, just had to be you. I enjoyed facing you and all the other captains, and next time, I won't make a donkey move being second in chips for third place. :rage:
  • Great day, I came home so buzzed, I think I didn’t stop talking about it for any hour.  AJ, thanks for pulling us all together.  If it wasn’t for you organizing Ching. Hill, I wouldn’t have met this great bunch of players.  Then again, for rallying us to take the show on the road to Ryder’s.

From what I saw, everybody had an enjoyable day.  I love the camaraderie, sharing intel, and pwning the occasional player with teammates watching.

That's why your the people's champ Jeff....you play the hands for the people.

In all seriously I didn't feel that I played my best, don't know what it was but I was just a little off my game.
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    That's why your the people's champ Jeff....you play the hands for the people.
    :D
    BigChrisEl wrote:
    In all seriously I didn't feel that I played my best, don't know what it was but I was just a little off my game.
    Don't knock yourself Chris, you had some tough tables.  I think I placed well in all my games because I was an unknown eliment to all the captains, wheres you and EL they had history on.
    ElElliott wrote:
    Gotta give props to The People's Champ for his awesome performance! I hope you enjoyed the song (ok, the 1 chorus) I made up in your honour.

enjoyed it!?! LOVED IT!  I tried to download it on bit-torrent, I can't believe it's not out yet.  :D
  • SOrry about bustin your ass AJ!!!!!! :D

But that was just pay back for Thursday night when you had me even before we started heads up... :)

Now i can't say i would be able to do it again... But I have a feeling you are gonna be gunnin for me.. Every time I happen to be at the same table as you.. But thats ok.. I look forward to it... Just makes us better poker players...

Joe did keep telling me during the day to keep doing what I was doing, And not to worry about hurting anyones feelings from chinguacousy league.. I so wanted you guys to do well and place in the top... I guess, at least one member of the chinguacous league placing in the money, does make a difference... I could not have played as well as I did, If I had not been player with all of you for the past weeks... Practice makes perfect .. although i am far from being a poker pro... and doubt i ever will be.. But, I am gettin better I do know that... Thanks for being who you are...

Aimee

Great moment in Poker History. Glad to have shared it with you!