Bristol St. Classic XXVII - Wed. Sept. 13th @ 7pm (Waterloo)

Comments

• It's been a good battle. I got tied for the lead while Johnny was away and then fell back when I missed the next 2 events, while I was away. This summer's events have been kinda like playing the Canadian open without Tiger.

Finally (almost) everyone is back so looking forward to a good tourney.
  • moose wrote:
    This summer's events have been kinda like playing the Canadian open without Tiger.
    I'll take that as a compliment :D

/g2
  • 65. "g2" Greg T - 13 points

You've got a lot of work to do, Tiger. Where oh where is SirWatts?
  • moose wrote:
    65. "g2" Greg T - 13 points

You've got a lot of work to do, Tiger. Where oh where is SirWatts?
    Because I have been gone all summer... DUH :D

/g2
  • With all due respect to Tom and Shannon, I'm pretty sure that Tye will take over the lead, regardless of how he finishs in the HU Match.
    With Moose returning(to the Tour :D), it looks like it's going to be a great battle for PoY.

I can't wait.

Johnnie.
  • Rob can you add me to the waiting list too please :)
  • Hi Rob.

I'll be there late.Probably between 8 & 8:30.

Dave Kostis.
  • Zithal wrote:
    I'll consider opening the garage as a 5th table.

Anybody want to go for breakfast once the tournament is over? :D
  • stpboy wrote:

Friggin' sweet that the top 2 POY point getters are HBK's!

Let's not forget 5 out of the top 10

Mark
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    With all due respect to Tom and Shannon, I'm pretty sure that Tye will take over the lead, regardless of how he finishs in the HU Match. 
    With Moose returning(to the Tour :D), it looks like it's going to be a great battle for PoY. 

I can't wait.

Johnnie.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jonnie, but let's face it, there are WAY too many hands to be played before any points leader can feel comfortable.
    (Yes, the H.U. tourni will help my points BUNCHES!) :D

LOL

Tye
    Later that same Morning...

O.K. I did some checking. The H.U. points only put me in first if I finish 1st. 2nd place 40 points still leaves me short by 5pts. I think... Math isn't my strong point.
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Zithal wrote:
    I'll consider opening the garage as a 5th table.

Anybody want to go for breakfast once the tournament is over? :D

Country Boy. Breakfast of champions!
  • Looks like this week is going to be a busy one, I'm going to have to pull out.

Maybe next time.

Paul
  • Hi Rob,

Someone can have my spot. I got switched to working afternoons this week and can't make it. Sorry.
  • Rob

Jeff had me entered, I have a golf game on Wednesday, Please replace me.
    Golf season soon over, I will return!!

Good Luck All!!
  • Weekend updates have been made and we're currently full with one player on the waiting list. We're going to stay at 4 tables.
  • could you pretty, pretty please add Johnny Adams and Brian Bell to this excellent list of players?

oh how i LOVE the waiting list!

Johnny

and yes rob, your books are in great shape, and will be there to greet you on wednesday night
  • Done. Most likely any cancellations will happen the day of. Check back often andif you're going to be late, please let me know.
  • Better yet, get a few more buddies to get that 5th table going. :D
  • BTW... a new mini-rule that I started at the last tournament will be used for this tourament. If you arrive and buy-in before 6:55, you get to draw your seat. At 6:55 a random draw will place the rest of the players that have yet to show up.

It's a small change (previously - I've drawn the entire assignment once the first person shows up as a witness) but I know people like to draw seats. So, if you want to draw your seat, make sure you show up more than 5 minutes before the start of the event.
  • I assume this will be a K.W.T.C. event.

Tye
  • Hey Rob,
    I may be a bit late getting there so please blind me out Hopefully traffic isn't too bad :)

Brad
  • Hey Rob, add me to the waiting list plz and if I make it onto the roster before the afternoon of I'll drive out with pinhead. [edit: i might come outanyways since there're alternates]

thanks
  • Rob

I may be slightly late.... driving from cambridge has become quite onerous lately

Everyone else:

This will be a triple crown event!! Anyone wanting to buy-in (due to my lateness and Shannon's absence) will have until the end of the first break.

Mark
  • Waah.  Try working at the college and living in Cambridge.
  • DrTyore wrote:

This will be a triple crown event!!  Anyone wanting to buy-in (due to my lateness and Shannon's absence) will have until the end of the first break.

Mark

Great idea Mark and thanks Tye for reminding everyone!

stp
  • DrTyore wrote:
    This will be a triple crown event!! Anyone wanting to buy-in (due to my lateness and Shannon's absence) will have until the end of the first break.

I can hold any KWTC monies until Mark makes his grand entrance at Bristol.
  • Yeah - where was the last reminder for the Bristol I won - but somebody forgot to collect money. :'(
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:

I can hold any KWTC monies until Mark makes his grand entrance at Bristol.

Awesome, thanks Johnnie. Congrats on your recent 3rd place finish too. Glad your playing well coming into this weekend.

stp
  • Is anyone coming through Bloomingdale on the way to Bristol? Looking for a ride if anyone's going past (PM me). Thanks!
  • hey Rob,

i'm kicking myself for not seeing this thread as i REALLY want to go lol.. add me and my brother Ian to the waiting list..
    btw check your pm