Schedule & rules

2»

Comments

• Wolffhound wrote:
    In all seriousness, I am deathly allergic to Nuts.  Peanuts, don't add Poker/"nut hand" jokes to it.  For me its a matter of life/death.

Please take the time to make sure you're snacks are nut free people....as much as I'd love to Pulp Fiction Wolff with his epi-pen I really don't want him dying!
  • So, just to be clear, the picking of who is playing on what table for stud, omaha, limit and NL is to be chosen and posted (at least PMed between captains) before saturday to prevent the delay that we saw at the begining of last years cup??
  • Quiane wrote:
    So, just to be clear, the picking of who is playing on what table for stud, omaha, limit and NL is to be chosen and posted (at least PMed between captains) before saturday to prevent the delay that we saw at the begining of last years cup??

Ask your Captain for all details. :D

picking is underway
  • Has anybody been to the venue yet? Will we have any amenities available such as vending machines, refrigerator or microwave? I was planning to bring nut snacks, but have informed my team that it is a nut-free event. Does anybody know what food outlets are in the vicinity?
    Big E wrote:
    Please take the time to make sure you're snacks are nut free people....
  • Blondefish, if it's the place I'm thinking of, there's a food court nearby, right across the street, but I may be wrong here.

Sandro, when it comes to the Limit game, when headsup in a hand, are we capping the betting at four rounds on the river, or is it unlimited? I've played it both, some do and some don't.
  • Its under the FL rules all rounds capped even heads up.

Also made some changes on the picking forum looks a bit cleaner
  • pokerdro wrote:
    Its under the FL rules all rounds capped even heads up.

My bad, sorry.
    pokerdro wrote:
    Also made some changes on the picking forum looks a bit cleaner

MUCH better thanks. But you have two Team 7 positions on the Fixed round Table 5. Looks like my team isn't playing this table?
  • The first one in the list is actually for table 6. The table columns are a little out of line, that's all.
  • oh captain my captain!
  • One thing I noticed and think should be cleared up about the way stud is dealt.

I noticed some tables after dealing the first three cards would deal the following streets to the high hand first while others dealt to the dealers left. What are the rules on that for this tourney?

I feel that the above comment needs to be addressed. Having played stud at the previous RC, this was the concern I also came away with.

**Okay, let me modify, we deal to the left of the button, but as far as where the action lies, there is no question:

The first round of betting starts with a forced bet by the lowest up card by suit. On subsequent betting rounds, the high hand on board initiates the action (a tie is broken by position , with the player who received cards first acting first).
    [http://www.lasvegasvegas.com/poker/chapter8-10.php]
  • Easy wrote:
    On subsequent betting rounds, the high hand on board initiates the action (a tie is broken by position , with the player who received cards first acting first).

It is situations like this that make me think it should just be dealt to the left of the dealer, and not dependant on cards at all.
    If you have 2 players with the same pair (say AA) then who gets the first card? Since suits are only used for the bring-in, there is no way to
    say which hand is better in this case. I would say the best, and simplest, option is to deal every hand starting to the left of the dealer
    and hand ranks having no effect on anything but the order of action
  • Pinhead wrote:
    Easy wrote:
    On subsequent betting rounds, the high hand on board initiates the action (a tie is broken by position , with the player who received cards first acting first).

It is situations like this that make me think it should just be dealt to the left of the dealer, and not dependant on cards at all.
    If you have 2 players with the same pair (say AA) then who gets the first card? Since suits are only used for the bring-in, there is no way to say which hand is better in this case. I would say the best, and simplest, option is to deal every hand starting to the left of the dealer and hand ranks having no effect on anything but the order of action

Oh Brad,

You know I love you, but, I would assume that everyone playing stud knows how to play. If there are finer points that they are unaware of, they should be explained, not dismissed. It would be like having an error occur in an HE event on a regular basis and letting it continue as if it were correct - something I know for a fact would never go on at, for example, a Bristol St. event which aims to follow all proper rules and procedures.

This post is starting to feel much too long and serious for my liking...I'm going to run away and go back to sleep...
  • So I assume you consider "the high hand on board initiates the action" to mean both the dealing and betting order?
    Because I don't see anything else in there which mentions who you deal to first
  • Pinhead wrote:
    So I assume you consider "the high hand on board initiates the action" to mean both the dealing and betting order?
    Because I don't see anything else in there which mentions who you deal to first

Yes High hand initiates betting and dealing. That I feel is one of the differences in Stud to all other poker games. The high hand has the advantage of the bet to start each round. These rules are used on every online site I play and are also Robert's rules from my understanding.
    So everyone be prepared for this format of Stud.

Also in a situation where the two players have AA it would go to the next to the dealer to initiate the action and get the card. If hands become equal on any other street ie player one A up then K then 5 and player two has A 5 then K the original raiser (player one) still controls the table. Hope this helps.
  • Ah, now that I've opened the can of worms, I have refined my statement down to high hand initiates the action only. You're right when you say that nowhere in the rules does it discuss if there is a change in dealing. I opened up several servers and watched where the cards were dealt; Stars, Party, and Paradise all seem to deal to the left of the dealer...maybe this is strictly a graphics thing and the high hand is really getting the first card, but I doubt it.
  • Easy wrote:
    Ah, now that I've opened the can of worms, I have refined my statement down to high hand initiates the action only. You're right when you say that nowhere in the rules does it discuss if there is a change in dealing. I opened up several servers and watched where the cards were dealt; Stars, Party, and Paradise all seem to deal to the left of the dealer...maybe this is strictly a graphics thing and the high hand is really getting the first card, but I doubt it.

I have done a search of all the online sites most none had any information about dealing except for FullTilt this is what i pulled from there and it sounds like dealing is as Easy mentioned.

From FullTilt
    In seven stud, the deal position does not rotate as in blind games. The nominal deal position is indicated by a white disk called the stud button. The stud button is always by seat 8, and each new deal always starts at seat 1. The first card of each succeeding round always goes to the first active player (one who either has equaled all the bets thus far, or has gone all in, that is, run out of chips with which to call) to the left of the stud button. If you rotate the table to change your position, the stud button also rotates. This makes it clear where the deal position is. This is important in those few situations in which two or more players have identical boards. After the first round, if hands are tied, the hand closest to the left of the stud button begins the betting.

So i am starting to think there is nothing Easy about Easy :)

So i will start a thread and let the votes decide which way we want to deal it out. poll to close Thursday at midnight and we will use those rules.

Comments are always welcome
  • pokerdro wrote:

Oh, you are SO wrong about that, Sandro. But we all love her anyway!!! :D
  • pokerdro wrote:

You just have to know how to push easy1.jpg.