WPC I - NL Holdem - Sun Sept 10th - Waterloo

Comments

• Eric your forgetting that at your house I have my own rules.
  • Greg, add me to that waiting list, coming to town on the 11th, but will bump up early if I can squeeze on this.
  • g2 wrote:
    Updates:
    • WPC I is officially a KW Triple Crown event
    • Fourth table added (outdoors, subject to weather)
    • Starting stack reduced from 10k to 8k :(
    • Reserve list has been updated for tables of 10
    • Hard cap at 40 players - may go with 5 tables of 8, but I'm in Ottawa now so that will be a day-before-game decision
    • Players on the Guest List will be able to buy-in for a "blinded out" starting stack anytime before 4pm
    Updated the list... if I cut you off please let me know and I'll put you back on.

Which would you guys prefer... 4 tables of 10 or 5 tables of 8?

/g2
  • 5 Tables of 8.

I have nothing else to say.
  • yeah, I agree with Andrew.
  • Put me on the list please.
  • Definitely 10-player tables, just like the WPT, WSOP and most cash tournaments.
    g2 wrote:
    Which would you guys prefer... 4 tables of 10 or 5 tables of 8?
  • 8 player tables please, more room to breath..... 10 player tables favour the tighties.... lol...
  • compuease wrote:
     10 player tables favour the tighties....  lol...

And the thinnies.
  • Make sure you all stick around for the Heads Up - $1000 each match Tyson challenged me to.

Anyone wanna deal?
  • haddon wrote:
    Make sure you all stick around for the Heads Up - $1000 each match Tyson challenged me to.

Anyone wanna deal?
    I would like to deal that please.

/g2
  • 5 tables of 8 seems to be the popular vote... which I realized will be necessary anyway in order to be able to have the Big E players join us if they arrive late. I'll update the OP later.

/g2
  • haddon wrote:
    Make sure you all stick around for the Heads Up - $1000 each match Tyson challenged me to.

Anyone wanna deal?

Ok I was jokin around last night....

BUT I am working on rebuilding my BR and if I have the $ I will play it....
  • Hey Greg
    Can you throw me on the list please. I should be able to make it up, will confirm closer to the date

Brad
  • Redington wrote:
    haddon wrote:

Anyone wanna deal?

Ok I was jokin around last night....

BUT I am working on rebuilding my BR and if I have the $ I will play it....

Wow...I thought you were serious. But I kind of expected it, a lot of people talk a a big talk and then back out though.
    Just...why would you waste my time like that? Lame.
    *disapointed*
  • Put me in if there is still room please. Long time no see.
  • List updated for 5 tables of 8.

If anyone wants to play their Bristol headsup match I will have chips & cards available. Feel free to invite your opponent even if they are not playing in the tourney, the match would just have to be over by 10:30/11pm ish.

/g2
  • g2 wrote:
    Payouts:
    33-40 players: 1st 27%, 2nd 22%, 3rd 18%, 4th 14%, 5th 10%, 6th 6%, 7th 3%
    25-32 players: 1st 30%, 2nd 24%, 3rd 19%, 4th 14%, 5th 9%, 6th 4%
    17-24 players: 1st 40%, 2nd 24%, 3rd 16%, 4th 12%, 5th 8%
    09-16 players: 1st 46%, 2nd 28%, 3rd 16%, 4th 10%
    What do you guys think of the payout structures? I kind of made them up myself. My logic behind them is that for each bump up in position the remaining players are playing for a bit more money. I.e. difference between 7th/6th = 3%, 6th/5th = 4% etc. But I also avoided a top-heavy payout structure, which I am not a fan of.

Any comments would be appreciated.
    g2 wrote:
    7. "Hollywoods" Cole (*)
    8. "Eddy11" Eddy (*)
    16. "xx23" Xuan (*)
    17. "xx23"+1 (tentative)
    18. "westside8" Wes (tent.)
    41. "Pinhead" Brad (tent.)

(*) Please PM an email address for directions.
    Directions will be sent out closer to the date of the tourney.
    Could all tentative players please confirm their seats soon.

Important Update:
    Directions will NOT be sent out by PM. If you have not PM'd me an email address you will not receive directions. "please PM directions" posts will be ignored.

/g2
  • i pm'd you with mine and liquidfires emails
  • NoVeLTeK wrote:
    i pm'd you with mine and liquidfires emails
    Thanks Ian.

/g2
  • Looks great to me. Will the actual payouts be rounded? For example, with 40 players and a $1,600 prize pool, will the payout work out to something like the following?
    1st - $450, 2nd - $350, 3rd - $280, 4th - $220, 5th - $150, 6th - $100, 7th - $50; total = $1600.
    g2 wrote:
    Payouts:
    33-40 players:  1st 27%,  2nd 22%,  3rd 18%,  4th 14%,  5th 10%,  6th 6%,  7th 3%
    :
    What do you guys think of the payout structures? 
    :
    Any comments would be appreciated.
  • BlondeFish wrote:
    Will the actual payouts be rounded?
    Yup.

/g2
  • Ummm, how can I get on the 'guest list'? I just realized that I have a ball tournament that weekend but should be back by 2pm...

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    Ummm, how can I get on the 'guest list'?  I just realized that I have a ball tournament that weekend but should be back by 2pm...

stp
    I'll just blind you out Shannon. Who's gonna collect the money for the Triple Crown prior to the tourney? The host isn't allowed to do it, right?

/g2
  • 7. "Hollywoods" Cole (*)
    8. "Eddy11" Eddy (*)
    16. "xx23" Xuan (*)
    17. "xx23"+1 (tentative)

Important Update:
    Directions will NOT be sent out by PM.  If you have not PM'd me an email address you will not receive directions.  "please PM directions" posts will be ignored.

/g2
  • Make sure the directions are sent to xx23.

Thanks.
  • Ack I did not see this posted, Throw me down on the waiting list would ya :D
  • So the 2 rumours of your death were exaggerated 3X?
  • TwoThree wrote:
    Ack I did not see this posted, Throw me down on the waiting list would ya :D

Welcome to the Forum, newbie!!!!

....all righti, Welcome BACK to the forum!
  • TwoThree wrote:
    Ack I did not see this posted, Throw me down on the waiting list would ya :D

Can we not stop this useless spam?      :D WB