Bristol St. "Casual Friday" / "Royal Cup Warm-up" / "My Birthday" - Fe

Sadly, I've had to back out of the Ryder Royal Cup due to birthday plans and I do feel bad about that. I was planning on a birthday evening the night before going, a sort of casual Friday with some drinking - so that face of that has changed a bit.

Since I can't go, I'm going to apologize to everyone by holding a warm-up event for the next day's Royal Cup. Up to 9 teams of three players each will play for the prestege and mocking rights over the rest of the field as they will become the....
"Ryder Cup of..." whoops, not allowed.

"Royal Cup of..." whoops, already taken.

"Jock Strap of Bristol Street Champions"
Date: Feb 17th, 7pm - doors open at 6pm.

Format: Each team of three will buy-in for a total of $30 and play three different events. Points will be accumulated throughout the events and the team with the most points at the end of the night will be declared Champions

Buy-In: $30/team (ie. $10 each)

Payout: with 9 teams -> 1st: $210 2nd: $60 (with 8 teams, first gets $180)

THE EVENTS (Rules are listed below)

Jock Strap Event #1: "GUTS" (~1 hour)

Jock Strap Event #2: "Limit Badugi" (~1.5 hours)

Jock Strap Event #3: "No-Limit Team Hold'em" (~2 hours) (ie. Collusion, chip-dumping and info sharing... ALLOWED!!!!)

The estimated end time is midnight, after which those going to the RyderRoyal Cup can get some sleep, or we can continue playing side games into the evening.

(NOTE: Taking this tournament seriously is grounds for an immediate kick in the nuts, or nut-like area)

POINTS AWARDED:

Events 1, 2:

1st - 20
2nd - 16
3rd - 13
4th - 10
5th - 7
6th - 5
7th - 3
8th - 2
9th - 1

Event 3:

1st - 25
2nd - 20
3rd - 16
4th - 13
5th - 11
6th - 9
7th - 7
8th - 6
9th - 5
10-11th - 4
12-13th - 3
14-18th - 2
19-27th - 1

Comments

• THE TEAMS:

(To reserve, please post the three members of your team along with your team name)

Team 1: "The Retarded Trainables" : "Zithal" Rob L., "All-In" Steve S., "8Ball" Tye Z.

Team 2: "Team Man-Flirt" : Mary, "JohnnieH" Johnnie H, "Dirty Whore" Mark

Team 3: "Team We're Hotter Than You" : "Easy" Amanda, "SpecialK" Kyle, "g2" Greg

Team 4: "Team Suck Out" : "TwoThree" Brad, "ItsaMe" Mario, "westwide" Wes

Team 5: "Team SIC" : "Ionstorm" Ian, "Psi" Sam, James C

Team 6: "Team Tighty Whities with a Yellow Streak" : "Pinhead" Brad, "SirWatts" Mike, "hughjazz" Dom

Team 7: "?" : ?, ?, ?

Team 8: "?" : ?, ?, ?

Team 9: "?" : ?, ?, ?
  • THE RULES:

GUTS: (1,000 chips to start)

Each players posts the ante and are dealt 3 card. Each player is given a Blue chip (Still-In! I've got GUTS) and a White Chip (Fold! I'm a chicken!). Each player chooses a chip and all chips are revealed.

If all players reveal white chips, the pot stays and everyone antes again and are dealt three new cards.

If only one player reveals a blue chip, that player reveals his hand and takes the pot. Play continues.

If more than one player reveals a blue chip, then the player with the best hand takes the pot and everyone else must pay an ante on the next hand equal to the current size of the pot.

If a player, doesn't have enough to cover his ante, a side pot is created and that player, if he wins, can only win the Main Pot. The side pot will seed the next hand if the hand was won by the all-in player. The ante is capped at a maximum listed for each level.

Hand ranking is; Straight flush, three of a kind, straight, flush, pair, high card.

Antes/Max Ante (10 minute levels)

1: $5 / $200
    2: $10 / $400
    3: $15 / $600
    4: $25 / $1000
    5: $50 / $2000
    6: $100 / $4000
    7: $200 / $8000

LIMIT BADUGI: (1,000) chips to start

Badgui is a form of low draw poker with four rounds of betting and three draws; Aces are low. The lower limit is the bet on the first two rounds, the higher limit in the last two. Betting is capped at four bets. There is a small and big blind.

Each player is dealt four cards and may replace up to four cards in each draw or stand pat. You are trying to make the best low hand that contians different suits and denominations. Straights don't count, so the "best" badugi hand is "A, 2, 3, 4" of all different suits. This is the nut 4 card badugi hand. A 4 card Badugi of "9842" beats the four card badgui hand of "9852".

If you have card which are similar suit or denominations, then the extra cards don't count. For example, the hand "AcAd2S3h" is a 3 card badugi "A23" (one of the Ace's cancels the other). The hand "Ac2d3d4s" is a 3 card badugi "A24" (the two diamonds cancel each other out, which means you use the lowest one to make up your hand)

Any 4 card badugi beats any 3 card badugi. Any 3 card badugi beats any 2 card badugi. etc. Hence, the worst hand is KKKK as you only have a 1 card badugi of the highest possible card.

Limits (small blind is half the lower limit) (12 minute levels)

1: 10/20
    2: 20/40
    3: 30/60
    4: 40/80
    5: 50/100
    6: 100/200
    7: 200/400
    8: 400/800

NO-LIMIT TEAM HOLD'EM: (1,000) chips to start)

This tournament plays with a normal no-limit texas hold'em format with a few exceptions...

- Collusion is allowed
    - Chip dumping is allowed.
    - Developing a system to secretly transmit information about your hand and intentions is not only allowed... it's encouraged!

Players will be randomly seated which will probably create unfair starting conditions as members of the same team get grouped together while others are spread apart.

Blinds (12 mintute levels)

1: 5-10
    2: 10-15
    3: 10-20
    4: 15-30
    5: 25-50
    6: 50-100
    7: 100-200
    8: 200-400
    9: 300-600
    10: 400-800
    11: 500-1000 (capped)
  • YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who wants to be on my team? (Lou and Shannon, I'm looking in your direction!!)

JohnnieH
  • Ok, Johnny I'm not sure if Lou will be in but I've talked to Mark and he totally wants to be in on this! Let's play! Johnny, Shannon and Mark!

You can call us "My balls on your chin, the floor or in THE MOUTH!"

stp
  • Ok, you, Mark and I it is.

Thanks boys!!!
  • Sounds fun, I need a team...Wolff, Mario, Wes, anyone?
  • BigE,
    I can't play Friday night and then take off Saturday for Royal Cup...
    Sounds like a blast though.

D
  • Sorry I'll have to miss this one Rob, but Happy Birthday. I'm missing a marriage seminar on Saturday for the Royal Cup (although the Cup was scheduled first :) ), so going out Friday night too would be a really bad idea!
  • beanie42 wrote:
    going out Friday night too would be a really bad idea!

hmmm, lemme see Out Friday night and all day Saturday=wife not happy,
    wife not happy=wife not naked.

I better skip this too and keep it just to 1 day away, great idea tho!
  • stpboy wrote:
    Ok, Johnny I'm not sure if Lou will be in but I've talked to Mark and he totally wants to be in on this! Let's play! Johnny, Shannon and Mark!

You can call us "My balls on your chin, the floor or in THE MOUTH!"

stp

Done.... though I may have paraphrased your team name a bit...
  • Zithal wrote:

Team 2: "Team Man-Flirt" : "stpboy" Shannon, "JohnnieH" Johnnie H, "Dirty Whore" Mark

I love it. You sexy bitch you...
  • I'm definately in, anyone wanna be on my team? pinhead, westside, sirwatts? anyone?
  • I know Mario's looking for a team... get him!

Mark
  • mario, come on.... sure... just none of the A4c crap!
  • beanie42 wrote:
    Sorry I'll have to miss this one Rob, but Happy Birthday. I'm missing a marriage seminar on Saturday for the Royal Cup (although the Cup was scheduled first :) ), so going out Friday night too would be a really bad idea!

Marriage Seminar?? I thought you were already married! Unless you need another wife to watch the kids while you play poker, maybe? Just kidding.

I can't speak for Mario, but he does work really early on Saturdays, so staying up late with us for a Collusion Tournament may not be a good idea. But maybe he is that crazy!

Go Team Man-Flirt!!
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Marriage Seminar??  I thought you were already married!  Unless you need another wife to watch the kids while you play poker, maybe?  Just kidding.
    I like the wife I have and want to keep her, thus I gotta keep working at it (I know what kind of a "catch" I am :) ).
    JohnnieH wrote:
    Mario ... maybe he is that crazy!
    Not Mario - he's the reserved, quiet type and will make the prudent decision (like all-in first hand, LOL :) )!
  • Okay, apparently I need a team. So anyone who wants to join Team We're Hotter Than You should message me or something. Should you be susceptible to bribery and/or sex appeal, I promise a new outfit for the occasion.
  • easy, i'll join the "we're hotter than you" team... i guess mario is looking for a team too... so...
  • I'll join the Easy Team

/g2
  • TEAM SUCK OUT!

IS FULL!

I'm looking for some team members, they must be insane, crazy and willing to draw out and SUCK OUT!

Mario I want you!

so it is

Me
    Mario
    Wes

who is the 3rd crazy!?!?! Wes is!

Also I demand that

Team 2: "Team Man-Flirt" : "stpboy" Shannon, "JohnnieH" Johnnie H, "Dirty Whore" Mark

name be changed to  "Badly Beaten By Braad" or BBBB!
  • I was going to join team easy, but seeing two guys already jumped on board so quickly :'(

That means I'll join team suck out! Just ask Kyle! :D
  • Wes your going to have to play totaly crazy! but that works you in!
  • Crazy?! You mean trying to outplay Mr.TwoThree himself playing 23? :D
  • Team name: SIC

Members "Psi" Sam M, "Ionstorm" Ian H, James C

Thanx for hosting this rob, should be tons of fun.
  • Well, wasn't that easy, (hahaha, I'm such a geek). Annnyway, it looks like the future winners of the tourny will be...

SpecialK, g2, and Easy - otherwise known as Team We're Hotter Than You. Cause we are. Really, really hot.

***Dear My Team: I will be developing a sophisticated yet hilariously retarded collusion system for this tournament. We're gonna win if by no other means than being the best cheaters. Don't worry, I'm very experienced in the sneaky-sneaky arts.***

***A Message For My Not-Team: Team We're Hotter Than You in no way shape or form endorses cheating of any kind. We will be playing a straight forward and honest game. We trust you will all do the same***

-Easy
  • Happy Birthday Rob!  I'm not going to be around -- so I will have a beer and cheer you while I'm away.

Cheers
    Lou

I think this will really start to get crazy if the man-flirters start to suck out and the we're hotter than u team then has to up the ante and start getting naked.  And then the suck out team starts working on a garden hose. Gosh, I wish i was there.  Or not.
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    I can't speak for Mario, but he does work really early on Saturdays, so staying up late with us for a Collusion Tournament may not be a good idea. But maybe he is that crazy!

Yes I am that Crazy!!
    specialK wrote:
    just none of the A4c crap!

Playing A4 rag is what got me on team SUCK OUT.

Can't wait to play some Budgi.
  • Looking for a third team member to join myself and SirWatts
    Preferably somebody who is creative enough to come up with a team name :D
  • Pinhead wrote:
    Looking for a third team member to join myself and SirWatts
    Preferably somebody who is creative enough to come up with a team name :D

I'll join your team...
    Team Name: Tighty Whities with a Yellow Streak :D

Dom
  • GOLD
    You are in, and that will be our name :D