Ryder Cup of Poker: Kitchener Team

Comments

• I'm living in TO now because of work. I'm still good to go for HBK though.
  • stpboy wrote:
    I think I might have to put our 2nd worse player (on that day) against Brad, the worst should go against....if he decides to show.  Sorry I really couldn't resist.  Just some friendlly smack talk.

stp

stpboy you don't have to worry about me not showing up I will be there with bells ON. :D:'(:rage::D

Blazin 72
  • BLAZIN 72 wrote:
    stpboy wrote:
    I think I might have to put our 2nd worse player (on that day) against Brad, the worst should go against....if he decides to show.  Sorry I really couldn't resist.  Just some friendlly smack talk.

stp

stpboy you don't have to worry about me not showing up I will be there with bells ON. :D:'(:rage::D

Blazin 72

Well, you were close to Cameron but no it wasn't you :D
  • Unfortunately I have to back out of this event. As much as I want to be a Heartbreak Kid and celebrate this win with you I can't. I am celebrating my son's birthday at the Blue Jay game that day. I just got word from my wife who secured the tickets. Family first.

Andrew
  • Unfortunately I have to back out of this event. As much as I want to be a Heartbreak Kid and celebrate this win with you I can't. I am celebrating my son's birthday at the Blue Jay game that day. I just got word from my wife who secured the tickets. Family first.
    That sucks, but I understand completely - enjoy your day with your son...
  • Kitchener is falling apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message courtesy of the Milton Rocks

/g2
  • Thanks for the notice Flint. I'm already looking into a replacement. Have fun with your family brother.

stp
  • g2 wrote:
    Kitchener is falling apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/g2

You noticed too eh greg? I guess the HeartBreak Kids are soon to be known as the Heart Broken Kids.

This msg sponsored by the Chinguacousy Hill Poker League
  • Yep, losing Andrew will definitely hurt the heartbroken kids.... Lack of poker depth in the K/W area will be a problem... lol... :D
  • compuease wrote:
    Yep, losing Andrew will definitely hurt the heartbroken kids....   Lack of poker depth in the K/W area will be a problem...  lol... :D

I don't know if I am being insultated or complimented. Or if our city is just being complimented.

I am so confused. And really pissed that I can't make this event. But my kids come first, just don't tell BBC_Z. He doesn't like family talk.
  • g2 wrote:
    Kitchener is falling apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/g2
    Damn good thing the Rocks will never crumble.
  • I want to welcome JohnnieH to the Heartbreak Kids, a very solid replacement. I'm sure he'll do us proud! Thanks for stepping up Johnnie!

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    I want to welcome JohnnieH to the Heartbreak Kids, a very solid replacement. I'm sure he'll do us proud! Thanks for stepping up Johnnie!

No, THANK YOU!!

I'm honoured to on the team!
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    stpboy wrote:
    I want to welcome JohnnieH to the Heartbreak Kids, a very solid replacement. I'm sure he'll do us proud! Thanks for stepping up Johnnie!

No, THANK YOU!! 

Interesting replacement considering you said Friday that you had no interest in playing, but just helping in the organizing of things.  Welcome to the game Johnny, I know you will have a lot of fun, that day is a blast!

Prophet :2h :2s
  • JohnnieH wrote:

And I LOVE LAMP

Mark
  • Johnnie who? Can he play? :D

Welcome to the team!
  • I am so confused. And really pissed that I can't make this event. But my kids come first, just don't tell BBC_Z. He doesn't like family talk.

Who is this BBC_Z you speak of?
  • Welcome to the team Johnnie!

You need a t-shirt now!!
  • TiMSuM wrote:
    You need a t-shirt now!!

Good call.

May I borrow Andrews, or can Easy whip one up in a hurry?

Johnnie
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    TiMSuM wrote:
    You need a t-shirt now!!

Good call.

Johnnie
    Can't she just hit her easy button and POOF... Johnnie has a shirt! That is my understanding from the commercials :)

/g2
  • g2 wrote:
    JohnnieH wrote:
    TiMSuM wrote:
    You need a t-shirt now!!

Good call.

Johnnie
    Can't she just hit her easy button and POOF... Johnnie has a shirt!  That is my understanding from the commercials :)

/g2

Wrong Greg, when EASY hits the EASY button all of a sudden it becomes hard. It's only if someone other than EASY hits the button then POOF.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    Wrong Greg, when EASY hits the EASY button all of a sudden it becomes hard. It's only if someone other than EASY hits the button then POOF.
    umm... what becomes hard?

/g2
  • Welcome to the team Johnnie!

SRS
  • Well, well, I guess JohnnieH is too good to play on our team! I am very interested to why you backed out of our team, and are now on another team? Considering I was on the waiting list for this team, along with Zithal and the only reason I made a team was because of your comments. In case you forget, they went like this:

Zithal and I were talking about maybe starting a team.

Athough, that was a few weeks ago now, so I'm not sure.

JohnnieH

Anyways our team is looking forward to this, and we now have a little extra insentive. LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!! LOL
    Good luck Johnnie!

2BULLETS
    :as :ah
  • I was NEVER, EVER committed to ANY team. You posted me on the list before I confirmed.

I'm sorry I didn't tell anyone sooner that I wasn't interested in playing, but there was no clear Team Captain. So I posted on Aug 29, and I was trying to keep it 'on the low'.

I should have been more up front with everyone, and I apologize.

Yes, Rob and I discussed the possibility of starting a team, but I also mentioned to him that night (Marks Lazy Man Olympic Drunkfest) that I was first in line to be on the Heartbreak Kids. He was waiting to hear from Pinhead about maybe filling in on their team, if they needed someone.

Last night I received a PM from stpboy, informing me of their dropout, and if I wanted the spot, it was mine. So I took it.

So I was really waiting to see how that would work out, with out committing to another team. How crappy would it have been if I defected with only a week left before the tournament? Pretty crappy.

I absolutely wish The KW Wannabees the very best of luck next week.
    You're going to need it :D

Johnnie
  • Sounds like the race for 2nd is really heating up!
  • I suppose I can send an e-mail and find out if the printer still has the screen...if they don't the shirt will be expensive...I would see if you could borrow Andrew's first, Johnny.

Welcome to the team tho... :D
  • Easy wrote:
    I suppose I can send an e-mail and find out if the printer still has the screen...if they don't the shirt will be expensive...I would see if you could borrow Andrew's first, Johnny.

Welcome to the team tho... :D

Thanks Amanda! I'll send him a PM right now.
  • People thought that our team was outspoken and emotional last year and now we have Johnnie H on our team as well... heh heh heh. Hope the other teams can take the wild roller coaster ride one gets playing at a table with a Heartbreak Kid. If not then prepare to tilt your chips to us because we will be only too happy to take them.
    In all honesty though, I'm looking forward to a unique and fun event with alot of competitive comraderie. As long as we all have a good time it doesn't matter who wins... as long as it's us. I'm looking forward to making Pinhead and the other waterloosers (oooooo...) have to change the signature at the bottom of their posts.

SRS