Ryder Cup of Poker: Kitchener Team

Comments

• I like Trevor's idea...

The Kitchener Krackpots.... and somehow work the KK into a logo!

Do I still get the "Don't you wish your g/f was hot like me"?

Mark
  • Mark you may like this one, with both K's too.

Kitchener Heart Break Kids

K- HBK

stp
  • I like it...I might argue that heartbreak is one word, tho.
  • stpboy wrote:
    Mark you may like this one, with both K's too.

Kitchener Heart Break Kids

K- HBK

stp

I LOVE IT!....

Unless we can get the "Kitchener Angle Shooters"? What about the "Stone Cold Kitchener"? :)

<Sigh> I love wrestling

Kitchener Chick Kickers?

Kitchener Caribbean Cool?

Mark
  • Come on guys what happend to our Fifth Street - class. Do we really want to be known as Krackpots!!
  • I just had an idea!!!

Lets settle the name debate the old fashion way - or the proper way considering the circumstances.

Everyone chooses a name and we play a game of rowshambo - wait Easy will have it too easy.

Ok - Better idea a game of poker for the name! Everyone has a name the winning player chooses!

We could even do that as a last longest prize at the Cook Crew Tourney this weekend.

We can have 7 preapproved names - whomever lasts longest may choose to keep their own or someone else's.

Would this work???

It is seems fitting that a team name is won over a poker game - plus is an extra story for our spread in the magazine article after our win.

RPTR: So Shannon, your team name is unique, how was it decided.
    STP: Thanks for asking, actually it was won in a poker game.
  • TNORTH wrote:

RPTR: So Shannon, your team name is unique, how was it decided.
    STP: Thanks for asking, actually it was won in a poker game.

DrTYORE: That's right actually, see I picked the name, and when I won the tournament....
  • Tom: Yeah by sucking me out!
  • TNORTH wrote:
    Tom: Yeah by sucking me out!

Tom Tom... you can't sour my impending victory by saying I sucked you out when I put you out FIRST! :)

Mark
  • Serves me rigth for playing 10-4 suited.
  • DrTyore wrote:
    TNORTH wrote:
    Tom: Yeah by sucking me out!

Tom Tom... you can't sour my impending victory by saying I sucked you out when I put you out FIRST! :)

Mark

Please refrain from letting us know what the other person had to do to another when they lost.

Or do you mean sucking out on you. Sucking you out sounds so...what's the word?
    Man-FLIRTING
  • I am comfortable with my position:)
  • Ok so my vote is for the Heartbreak kids

other good ideas:

Heartbreak kids
    5th Street Streakers
    Kitchener River Runners
    Easy Ryders (Would be cooler if the tournament was the Ryder Cup)
    Kitchener Royal Rumblers ;)

Is their more serious ones we should add to this?  If not, please vote for one of the above. 

stp
  • I like the Heartbreak Kids

Mark
  • I vote for The Heartbreak Kids

(I would vote for Easy Ryders, but that would be selfish)
  • First choice is Easy Ryders, second is Heartbreak Kids.
  • Easy Ryders.

Maybe Heartbreak Kids, not really sold on it.
  • Ok, I switch my vote to the Easy Ryders...I'm counting on you guys to refrain from the obvious jokes, tho.
  • Easy wrote:
    Ok, I switch my vote to the Easy Ryders...I'm counting on you guys to refrain from the obvious jokes, tho.

Yea.. cuz we're very mature and respectful people....

Mark
  • I like the Easy Ryders. Or

Ryding Easy on Fifth Street

- but that is only because i really like the fifth street element
  • TNORTH wrote:
    Ryding Easy on Fifth Street

Let's try to refrain from naming the team anything that directly refers to riding any member of the team
  • But the Ryding is with a Y - although I appreciate your concern.

So are we the Heartbreak Kids then?
  • I'll vote for HBK. "Ryder" loses some of it's appeal since it's no longer the Ryder Cup.
  • I like Heartbreak Kids...

And it means we'll do fine, as long as we don't "Lose our Smile"

Mark
  • Well if its no longer the Ryder cup we will have to reconsider!
  • Heartbreak Kids?
  • Ok it looks like the Kitchener Heartbreak Kids it is, we can use the K's as Kings.  Now to think, of what you want on the back of your shirts.

Mine might just say my name and my signature....I also want a "C" on the front so that EVERYONE knows who the Captain is....TABLE CAPTAIN!

stp
  • Sorry I haven't contributed more to the conception of our team name and image but I've been sorely lacking in creativity as of late. I figured I'd just sit back, shut up and let those who have good ideas fire them out there. That way I can judge and criticize with impunity!
    I'm cool with the KHBK's. Although calling any of us kids is a bit of a stretch. Have we settled on colours for our team shirts. And what kind of funds do you need to make this happen Easy?
  • stpboy wrote:
    Mine might just say my name and my signature....I also want a "C" on the front so that EVERYONE knows who the Captain is....TABLE CAPTAIN!
    stp

Thanks for completely ruining the surprise element of your shirt, Shan. Did you actually think I wouldn't slap a big ol' 'C' on yours? Seriously, I'm hurt *lots and lots of tear*.
    Shtebs wrote:
    Have we settled on colours for our team shirts. And what kind of funds do you need to make this happen Easy?

I'm just gonna say that there will be some red and some white and some black - beyond that I haven't decided. I have these hot red shoes I  want to wear so there has to be red. I don't have a price quote at this time because I haven't taken any art to a screenprinter yet. Two colours generally doesn't cost that much, but all the customization might make things tricky. Not too tricky - just not really easy or super cheap.
  • I know some have plans to head down and stay overnight, I won't be doing that.

For the record, my Van holds 7, anyone who wants a lift, let me know.

1.Dave
    2.BigE