Bristol St. Classic XVII - RESULTS!!!

Better late than never!

As seems to be my curse, I once again picked a night where the humidity was through the roof and the place was rather warm. To top it all off, I made the brilliant choice to add a table to event and, in the end 32 players attended, each looking to take home part of the prize pool.

Through a number of hot, grueling hours, the number of players was reduced to 8 and we were ready to start the Final Table

FINAL TABLE

Seat 1 - "beanie" Trevor ($6,300)
Seat 2 - "Redington" Tyson ($7,600)
Seat 3 - "Slippery" Pete A. ($2,100)
Seat 4 - "8Ball" Tye Z. ($13,400)
Seat 5 - "g2" Greg T. ($4,900)
Seat 6 - "batmankw" Dave S. ($6,300)
Seat 7 - "Pinhead" Brad ($6,600)
Seat 8 - "KingMob" Dave ($5,800)

Blinds started off at 400-800.

Early on in the night, "beanie" doubled up off the chip leader, putting him in great shape and our first elimination was only a few hands later..

8th PLACE - "Slippery" Pete A.

Pete moved in with KT and was called by Brad who held A8. The flop looked great for Pete as it was KJQ, but a T on the turn gave Brad the straight, eliminating the two-time Bristol Street Champion. Number three would have to wait for another night.

The blinds then rose up to 600-1,200. Tyson remarked that the blinds were brutal and told him to stop playing so tight. :)

7th PLACE - "Redington" Tyson

Still with a healthy chip stack, Tye raised to $3,600 UTG. Tyson, in the BB, picked up on something and pushed all-in for $2,800 more. Tye was commited to the call and turned over T7s while Tyson revealed A6s. Tyson started out ahead, but a 7 on both the flop and turn sealed his fate in 7th place. Tyson consoled himself by repeating the classic poker player's bad beat mantra, "I made the right call, I made the right call"

6th PLACE - "batmankw" Dave S.

In a Battle of the Blinds, Dave looked down to see J8h on a flop of 4KK with two hearts, giving him a flush draw. On a semi-bluff, Dave moves all-in only to have Tye call with Q6... also of hearts. No help came and Dave busted out in 6th place, making two bubble-boy finishes in a row. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new Mario!!

5th PLACE - "beanie" Trevor ($30)

A few hands earlier, Trevor found him self all-in blind, quadrupling up when he rivered a straight. His stack was still low though and ended up all-in with Tye with Trevor's T6 dominating Tye's T2. A split pot was highly likely, but Tye turned a 2 to put Trevor out in his first money finish at Bristol Street.

4th PLACE - "8Ball" Tye Z. ($50)

Tye came to the table the big chip stack, but lost some good chunks to others. His tournament eventually ended when Dave riased to $4,000, Tye went in, over the top, for his last $2,000 and it was a race situation, 55 v AQ. Dave caught an Ace on the river and thus ended another excellent tournament from Tye.

3rd PLACE - "g2" Greg T. ($80)

In his very first Bristol Street Event, Greg played very well, eventually getting his money in with K9 against AJ. An Ace on the flop put an end to an excellent first appearance! And, with that, we were now....

HEADS-UP!

"Pinhead" Brad ~$40,000
"King Mob" Dave ~$10,000

The headsup battle lasted nearly 20 minutes and saw Brad's early lead slip when he doubled up Dave, putting the chip stacks at nearly even. In the final hand, both men were in pre-flop with 77 (Dave) v. QK (Brad). The Board showed 52KT6 and we needed to take a chip count to see if Dave would still be alive.

The chip count revealed that Brad was ahead by only $1,200 chips, thus giving first place, $240 and the title of "Bristol Street Classic XVII Champion" to "Pinhead" Brad. Secondly place awarded Dave with $130, which was his own first money finish!

As always, I know it's been a week, but feel free to post your own stories of the night below!

Comments

• OFFICAL RESULTS

1. "Pinhead" Brad - 1:06am ($240)
    2. "King Mob" Dave - 1:06am ($130)
    3. "g2" Greg - 12:47am ($80)
    4. "8Ball" Tye Z. - 12:35am ($50)
    5. "beanie" Trevor - 12:31am ($30)
    6. "batmankw" Dave S. - 12:01am (BUBBLE-BOY!)
    7. "Redington" Tyson J. - 11:49pm
    8. "Slippery" Pete A. - 11:44pm
    9. Kevin - 11:21pm
    10. "Skittlepoker" Bill S. - 11:21pm
    11. "ItsaMe" Mario - 11:12pm
    12. "Oragami" Jonathan C. - 11:03pm
    13. "Shopsy" Jeff S. - 10:51pm
    14. "Easy" Amanda C. - 10:37pm
    15. "Ionstorm" Ian. - 10:31pm
    16. "carmaker" Geoff - 10:10pm
    17. Jenn - 10:08pm
    18. "Wolfhound" Dave - 10:07pm
    19. "Psi" Sam - 9:59pm
    20. "JD_BB" Brady - 9:52pm
    21. "carnage" James C. - 9:37pm
    22. George - 9:30pm
    23. Steve - 9:21pm
    24. "All-In" Steve S. - 9:20pm
    25. "Ineedanick" Dave P. - 9:16pm
    26. "Waterlooser" Adam - 9:07pm
    27. "Lamb Of" John A. - 9:03pm
    28. "Fallen Angel" Gow - 9:00pm
    29. "Dirty Whore" Mark B. - 8:59pm
    30. "hughjazz" Dom - 8:56pm
    31. "Zithal" Rob L. - 8:53pm
    32. "The Prophett" Brent - 8:51pm
  • TOP 20 POINT LEADERS!

This tournament has changed the make up of the points leader board due to the fact that 9 players are recieving at least was has been awarded as first place points! Still Kevin, with an excellent finish in tonight's event holds on to his slim lead, while a number of new players are beginning to challenge him for the lead!

1. Kevin F. - 89
    2. "Redington" Tyson J. - 86
    2. "Slippery" Pete A. - 86
    4. "ItsaMe" Mario - 83
    5. "LambOf" John A. - 79
    6. "Oragami" Johnathan C. - 75
    7. "Dirty Whore" Mark B. - 73
    8. "Zithal" Rob L. - 72
    9. "Shopsy" Jeff S. - 67
    9. "8Ball" Tye Z. - 67
    11. "Ineedanick" Dave P. - 65
    11. "SKittlePoker" Bill S. - 65
    13. "batmankw" - Dave S. - 64
    14. "Flint Bones" Andrew S. - 59
    15. "stpboy" Shannon M. - 52
    16. "Big Daddy" Paul W. - 50
    17. "carmaker" Geoff C. - 49
    18. "Brava" Dave S. - 47
    19. "Wolfhound" Dave - 44
    19. "King Mob" Dave - 44
  • Congratulations to Pinhead who took it down, and a good showing from beanie (Trevor)

Cameron
  • Ya, congrats Brad, well deserved...nice $ to, that's no "tens of dollars"...no way am I BYOB'ing next time you host.

Thanks for hosting Rob, congrats on getting 30+ in less than 24hrs.
  • After looking at the hand, I figured my odds a little wrong.

I knew it was a BS push, and I thought low suited connectors, ie 5-6 6-7 7-8

Which I dominated most of with A6s, however with the 7/8 8/9 etc I was a coinflip. So I pushed in all of my money a 65% read favorite ( given the dominated hands and small pair coinflips) which turned out to be a coinflip.

I think the read was bang on, but the cards I went to call it with were kinda limited. And then Tye turned a lucky 7, which hit twice.
    I knew it was coming as we hadnt seen a 7 in about 4 hands.

Kevin, I coming after you three points three points.

Great Time as always Rob, great thanks
  • BLAZIN 72 wrote:
    Congratulations to Pinhead who took it down, and a good showing from beanie (Trevor)
    Thanks Cam. I think odds were on my side (being new), since 3 of the 5 were first-time in the money! Again, thanks to Zithal and congrats to Pinhead. Looking forward to the next one (hoping to crack that "top 20" list on my third outing :) ).
  • Redington wrote:

I think the read was bang on, but the cards I went to call it with were kinda limited. And then Tye turned a lucky 7, which hit twice.
    I knew it was coming as we hadnt seen a 7 in about 4 hands.

Very nice analysis, if we could all only be this good. LOL