Result from West Side Poker Club's Head's Up Challenge

Just want to thank everyone who came to our Heads Up Challenge. We had 28 people pre-register with 20 players eventually making it to the tournament. Between mental fatigue that the players were feeling and time restraints we decided to go with just the 120.00 dollar double elimination tournament.

Lee R, strolled through to the undefeated game including beating our April tournament champion in the first round. After beating Kris P in the undefeated game, he had plenty of time to rest until the finals with the luxury of still being able to occur a lost. Mark R, won his first match but then lost his second match and went to the losers bracket. After fighting his way through 8 matches he got to the finals and 45 minutes later won the first game. Seven minutes into the final game, Lee raises 2500 chips pre-flop, Mark re-raise all in. Lee thinking Mark has a pair of 7’s or 6’s pauses and then calls. Lee flips over A 8 not suited and waits for Mark to flip over his cards. Mark seeing the A 8 starts to smile as he flips over a pair of Jack’s. Lee hits and 8 in the flop and then sees a brick on the turn, each looking at the dealer as he burns a card and then flips over an Ace. Mark is stunned and says it’s the most disappointed 500.00 dollars he’s every won. As Lee slaps his hands together once and in a quite confidence says yes.

1st place Lee R = 800.00 cash, 400.00 ring and 160.00 entry into the tournament of champions.

2nd place Mark R = 500.00 cash.

3rd place Kris P = 300.00 cash

4th Jimmy S = 200.00 cash

Cam and I would like to thank everyone who came yesterday. It was a great day and a lot of fun to run a tournament in this manner. We are going to run a 65.00 freeze out tournament and include a 5.00 bounty on Friday August 12, 7:00 pm. Plus I will be sending out information on how you can still be part of Poker Cruise on August 28th.

If you are interested in either of these two events you can email me at westsidepokerclub@rogers.com

Cam and Brent
West Side Poker Club

Comments

• atta boy radoja ake Mark takeing second place and repersenting Elora woooooooooow
  • Congrats guy's, now you can use that money to enter Bolton Poker's event on the 6th :D lol. Wish I had been there, sounds like you guy's had a good time.

Brent, I will let you know about the 12th, I may have some buddies that want to come with me.

Rob
  • Rob,

One of us is playing for sure, just don't know which one. I will let you know.

Brent