Next Waterloo Poker Classic June 2, registration opens Apr 28 at noon. Get in early.

compueasecompuease Admin
edited April 2023 in Poker Games
Tickets for the next Waterloo Poker Classic will go on sale this Friday April 28th at 12:00pm (noon). The game will be held on Friday June 2nd 2023 with doors opening at 5:30pm. Please mark your calendar if you would like to snag a seat for the Q2 WPC.

Thanks to our sponsors, Heffner, Momentum, Twin City Realty, JG Group, and Built By Engineers, who help make the WPC possible.

Registration link
https://www.waterloopokerclassic.com/register

@WaterlooPoker
waterloopokerclassic.com

Comments

• just a note that last game sold out in 13 minutes. so if you want tickets be on time to get them
  • They are planning for a larger venue with room for 200 but it will sell out likely in less time than the last one.
  • edited April 2023
    go go go

Your order from Waterloo Poker Classic is confirmed.
  • Sold out.
  • I managed to secure a spot. This will be my first time playing, can anyone provide any details on the structure?
  • I have a picture of the structure from last time. Not sure if they will change it for this one.

uijlmryqaqaj.jpeg
    bigslik77
  • I think it is also posted on the website
  • benolds17 wrote: »
    I have a picture of the structure from last time. Not sure if they will change it for this one.

uijlmryqaqaj.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. 15 minute blinds, I see why there are some comments about the speed. Guess you need to run good early.
  • Most of the 100 dailies in Vegas are now 15min blinds now too. Not good value with a 20% or more rake.
    EdtheTed
  • Who else is in tonight? Table 2 s9
  • Now we know. Edward!

h4ha5b2z4icy.jpg
    EdtheTed
  • Final table yet?
    TheCoordinator
  • Good luck to everybody playing tonight.
  • Playing was fun, but the most excitement was actually timing everything to register for the event!
    BlondeFishtorontotablecpt
  • Got 21st after nursing a short stack for hours
    EdtheTed
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited June 2023
    mid teens for $300 A,10 vs A,5. 5 on the turn. sweated by g2, thx sir. By biggest hand was with about 50 left pocket QQ's, 3 all ins ahead of me, 2 of them covering, AK, AJ, 10,10 and pocket 9's after me. Almost folded as really thought one of them had KK or AA, but with that structure you just can't do that. All small runout and I quadruple up. With about 30 left, folded to me in the SB, Q,3 off, obvious shove.. BB wakes up with JJ. Of course Q on the river.. >:) We usually never remember those hands though.
    g2
  • g2g2
    edited June 2023
    I had fun sweating comp and Zithal and a few others. I was out around ~100th. I think I heard 180 players. Stayed til the end. Dealt the final table. 5 way chop for $1940 each, that included Nabil the host. Super well run event! (for the bingo game that it is). LOL'd when I saw the tagline on their tourney management software that claimed "a gathering of Waterloo Region's top poker players"🤣. Trash tippers $0.00 haha but that was not unexpected 😆 10/10 would play (&deal) again.
  • Wow Greg, I can't believe you dealt the final table and didn't get a tip.

I went out before the first break - although I stayed to deal until the break. I got crippled with A-Q vs. A-5 and A-2 when the board came A-3-5. I got knocked out about an orbit later when I shoved UTG with A-J and the SB showed up with A-K. The board bricked out.

I had more fun last time I played and dealt. That table was pretty interactive with me and with each other. This time there were two players at the table that obviously knew each other and were very loud and distracted from the game. One of them spilled a drink on the table and cards which was very annoying. Basically they dominated the conversation and nobody else talked. It was hard to keep the game moving. Generally the room was very loud which made things a bit tougher.

I will play (and deal) again. The organization is very good - started pretty close to on time. The food is ok. The venue was better - more room than last time even though there were 5 more tables. They also provided drink service at the table for those who care - although that was also a distraction. The tournament structure is terrible - but you need to accept that going into the event.
    EdtheTed
  • @g2 you need me there, I would have guilted them into tipping. It just makes the table so much more fun.
  • I must have gone out around 80-90th. I had worked back up 7k (wow!) and early position goes all in. I have JJ and actually thought I was behind. But with just over 8bb I cannot really fold. So I call and of course he has QQ. It is a fun enough time. Structure is terrible and starting with 25 chips is strange these days of 100/100 levels. Having no ante is certainly helpful.
  • Wow Greg, I can't believe you dealt the final table and didn't get a tip.

I went out before the first break - although I stayed to deal until the break. I got crippled with A-Q vs. A-5 and A-2 when the board came A-3-5. I got knocked out about an orbit later when I shoved UTG with A-J and the SB showed up with A-K. The board bricked out.

I had more fun last time I played and dealt. That table was pretty interactive with me and with each other. This time there were two players at the table that obviously knew each other and were very loud and distracted from the game. One of them spilled a drink on the table and cards which was very annoying. Basically they dominated the conversation and nobody else talked. It was hard to keep the game moving. Generally the room was very loud which made things a bit tougher.

I will play (and deal) again. The organization is very good - started pretty close to on time. The food is ok. The venue was better - more room than last time even though there were 5 more tables. They also provided drink service at the table for those who care - although that was also a distraction. The tournament structure is terrible - but you need to accept that going into the event.

I was at your table, you did a great job handling the two "friendly" players and thanks for dealing! Still think the "all in" by one of those friendlies should of been binding, but no one else even seemed to notice, so didn't want to argue.
  • Game was fun, very fast pace but well run. I didn't check where I finished probably about 8 tables left, went all in for 10K at 500-1000 with A,K diamonds and lost to J,10 for most of my stack. Last hand was 8,8 vs. QQ. On to the next one!
    compuease