To vaccinate or not, to have proof or not?

Comments

• I believe that the lucky one will not get sick :D
  • Flu season is coming
  • Have the Jay's on one TV and the Redsox on the other and I thought I'd check in here as it has been a while and I am in the process of trying to come home for Christmas. Wanted to see if Moose was going to have a game or not.

For those who don't know me I am a Canadian living in Brazil. I am President and Director of an English Immersion school about 80 km from the equator.

On March 15 2020, I closed my school because of what was happening around the world. The governor of the state that I am in (his kids come to my school) sent his wife for en explanation as they didn't understand my thought process. In her words "You don't think we have people more qualified than you who understand what is happening"? Through my translator I said I am not sure they are following the world stage at this point and I am not going to be responsible for any deaths in my school. Let's wait and see. I have time in the schedule to take 2 weeks off. I stood alone. Parents and my own teachers, staff and board of directors thought I made a mistake.

During our meeting other private schools followed our lead then public schools started to close. the parents came to my school demanding I reopen the school and put it to a vote. I said even if you vote to reopen. Doesn't mean we will. All teachers have to agree and I wasn't about too.

But it didn't matter the govenors wife left our meeting at noon and went home 4pm local time her husband went on TV and announced all schools in the state closed until further noticed.

My staff did a double take and said how did you know. I said there is a reason they call me Prophet22.

Once the governor allowed private schools to open all decisions have been left to me as to the policies regarding vaccines.

I have made it optional. I haven't received a shot and a couple of others haven't. 90% have.

If I come home to see my parents I will get it. For me the decision is this. Any new drug coming to market takes 10 years and a billion dollars. This drug in my estimation is there hasn't been enough time to test and see long term effects.

It's that that simple for me.

My board or the parents haven't demanded I get the shot so up to this point I haven't.

Canada requires I get so if I come home I will. Time will tell.
    torontotablecpt
  • edited October 2021
    I told myself recently that I would try to stop posting in controversial threads from now on, but I have to respond to your post @The Prophet 22.

I don't want to argue with you, but I just wanted to point out a few things. First, covid-19 is not some completely new or unique virus. It's a coronavirus, also known as SARS. Covid-19 is just a new variant that is more spreadable and more deadly than other variants in the past. So, it's not like the vaccine for it was just created out of thin air in a few months. Scientists and virologists have been studying coronaviruses for decades. They just had to do some tests to edit what they already had and change it to work with the current coronavirus strain.

Second, the reason they were able to get the vaccine so quickly is because all research on all other viruses/vaccines were put on hold worldwide, and everyone was focussing on a vaccine for covid-19. Therefore, trials that normally take much longer were able to be completed quicker. It's not like every scientist in the world just decided to cut corners and risk everyone's life just to get out a potentially dangerous vaccine. They just sped up the process by committee.

Finally, I consider you a friend Brent, and I would not want to see something bad happen to you. For someone of your build and medical condition, I would have to assume that you are in the higher risk category if you happened to catch the virus. I strongly hope that you choose to get vaccinated as soon as you can.

Take care, and maybe I'll see you around Christmas.
    MrCaspanDrTyorecompueaseBuzzzardd
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited October 2021
    I heartily agree with Trigs Brent... Do NOT take your info from the myriad of right wing sites or social media. Trust the main stream health professionals. History over the past 18 months has proved them right. 90% or more of the people currently entering ICU's are the unvaccinated. No matter how you cut it that is a fact. Everyone I know (12 and over) has been vaccinated and zero have issues other than one who had a headache and a few a sore arm for 24-48 hrs... That's it, and I know a lot of people...
    I had my 2nd shot,early June and other than the small horns I am growing, no other side effects..

You made the right decision closing your school, now make the right decision for yourself and get vaccinated.

Curious, what vaccine are you being offered? I got Pfizer,,,
    trigsMrCaspan

• If I come home to see my parents I will get it. For me the decision is this. Any new drug coming to market takes 10 years and a billion dollars. This drug in my estimation is there hasn't been enough time to test and see long term effects.

A little more than 10 years ………. Just trying to provide information.

vibxrdc4tdd8.png

BuzzzarddcompueaseMrCaspan
  • Happy seniors day comp!
  • Happy seniors day comp!
    Well thank you, I didn't even realize... When I get there I will celebrate.. B)
  • edited October 2021
    Thanks for the thoughts. It isn't a matter of being informed about safe or not safe. Trigs may be right on the studies and I also get the the world shut down to find a vaccine. The reality I can be a little stubborn if I am telling the truth. I was driving before the seat belt law became mandatory. I ended up losing my license twice for not wearing a seat belt. It was a 200.00 fine each time and 3 points. At 6 point a 30 day suspension occurred. I couldn't even take the bus to work the second time and had to hitch hiked. After that experience, I have been wearing a seat belt ever since.

My mom just turned 85 on Wednesday and my dad 87 in July. I haven't seen them Since January 8, 2020. Seeing them is a priority so I will be getting the shot as I can't afford the time in quarantine 3 weeks or the money it will cost me.

I know there are some evangelical conservatives out there that think this is part of what the Bible says is the "mark of the beast". I am not one of them.

I just feel it is taking away my freedoms. No different than cameras every where in the city watching everything I do. At this point I can decide to be an agoraphobia or go outside and be watched. I know I am in the minority but individual rights are little by little being stripped away. How long before police are allowed to question you without a lawyer, question you without reading you your rights, no need for search warrants just come and take what ever they want and all other privacy goes out the window.

Like Trigs I am tired of debating "you need to do this for this is for the great good". I will talk about any subject with anyone as long as I am allowed to have an opinion, in today's world of debate, if someone doesn't agree with you the name calling begins. In the 60's you were compared to Hitler, he was the most evil person of the day. (Not sure I agree with that statement but we will go with it) Now if I am talking with someone and they disagree with me I here "Typical Trump supporter". To which I calmly reply "You know I am Canadian right?"

Moose, If you have a game over Christmas and I come home, I will have been vaccinated and be able to prove it. Hope to see you all!

It was good to connect with some of the old crowd, I may be gone but I do think of everyone when the topic of poker comes up around here.

Brag if you are still reading this.
    When I started this job June 4th 2018 we had 33 students and in the red. I funded it for 2 years raised money for another year and this year we opened with 80 students and will be in the black for the first time this century. All during a pandemic! And I do give the glory to God!

Prophet22
    trigs
  • So because I wanted to come home for Christmas, and I know I have to have it to come to Canada, I was finally able to get my first shot today. I thought the second shot was a 30 day wait. My translator said she had to wait 3 months. Today they told me 6 months. Does anyone no if I can come to Canada with one shot?

So no tournament for me at Moose's house this year.

Thanks,
    PS I am terrible at this kind of research
    trigs
    edited October 2021
    Here in Canada it is 21 days currently for Pfizir 2nd shot. Which one did your get? I don't think having one shot means anything different that having no shots, you are not fully vaccinated and I think this link applies to you. You have to have had your 2nd shot I believe 14 days before entering Canada to be considered fully vaccinated. May need a negative test shortly before traveling.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/citizen

• thanks, I had Pfizir one shot so I will be home summer at the earliest

Thanks for the info
  • Anyone else angry that Prophet is not allowed into his own fucking country despite being perfectly healthy and a Canadian citizen???
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    Anyone else angry that Prophet is not allowed into his own fucking country despite being perfectly healthy and a Canadian citizen???

He can absolutely return to Canada as an unvaccinated Canadian citizen. He will be required to submit a 14 day quarantine plan and a negative per type of test.

That being said I think it sucks balls that we are being forced to follow all of these ever changing rules. I also think it’s sucks balls that they have different rules for flying or driving across the boarder. We are being ruled by morons both Federally and Provincially.

If I were The Prophet I would just call the Canadian consulate to get proper information. I would trust them much more than an unemployed schmuck that grew up in the ghetto and posts stupid shit on a poker forum.

Here is a blurb from our federal asshats…

Not fully-vaccinated travellers (valid up to October 30th)

There are no changes to Canada’s current border measures for travellers who are not fully vaccinated. Travellers must continue to adhere to the current testing and federal 14-day quarantine requirements, and provide COVID-19-related information electronically through ArriveCAN before arriving in Canada.

Persons who have recovered from COVID-19 can continue to test positive long after they have recovered and are no longer infectious. Travellers who have previously tested positive for COVID-19 must provide proof of a positive COVID-19 molecular test conducted between 14 and 180 days prior to their scheduled flight, but they are not considered as fully vaccinated if they did not received the full series of a vaccine – or a combination of vaccines – accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada – but may be able to obtain partial Exemptions from testing.
    Bfillmaff
  • Yes I read the stuff Comp suggested. I was referring to not having to go through quarantine. My father is 87 and was admitted to the hospital yesterday and it doesn't look good.. I can avoid quarantine with a death certificate (he's not dead yet). Celebration of life ceremony. (has a whole new set of protocols) It is just a real pain in the neck.

I was able to speak to him today via WhatsApp so that was good.

I have been tested and it was negative. Time will tell.

Thanks for the info.
    edited November 2021
    I am sure with proper testing you can come back... As the unemployed schmuck says, check with the consulate. Your Canadian passport is still gold despite what that "coaster" says... lol I am pretty sure you can get at least some sort of medical exemption..

P.S. I have always wanted to be an unemployed schmuck. And I would love to be able to call myself a coaster, sounds like a much more relaxed way of life..

I am also not a fan of either our provincial or federal leaders... I still think I could do a much better job,, Please put me as a write in candidate for either next election
    Toronto Pimp
  • edited November 2021
    I thought I read somewhere that I can't board an Air Canada plane not being fully vaccinated. I will let you know, I have people looking into it for me.

Thanks Comp.
    edited November 2021
    Are you wanting to come back right away, ie to see your dad in case something happens? As of yesterday it became mandatory to be fully vaccinated to board a flight in Canada.
    However there is a grace period until Nov 29 where you need a molecular negative test within 72 hrs of boarding,
    https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel

If you do want to come back asap, let me know, email me if you like and I will work on it from here.

If you just want to come back for Christmas you have lots of time to get a 2nd shot. 2 weeks after your 2nd shot, you are eligible to fly into Canada.
  • Thanks Comp. The way I am reading the website is what you are saying but a funeral gets me into the country unquarantined and to say good bye to a loved one before they go. Just trying to figure out the fact that my documents are in Portuguese and they want translated documents. I will see what the Canadian consulate her in Brazil says. If you hear or read something that may help me send me a message or post here or email.

Brent
  • Well I think the consulate is the best place to go. Let me know. Here is the consular address. contact, etc. Don't wait.

https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates/brazil
  • Hey peoples. Long time no chat. For good reasons?

I stopped by because my PWD here is being broadcast on the interwebs. I changed it but be warned...

As far as this whole virus thing goes... We will never get back to anything resembling normal until transmission is under control. If you want to share in the benefits of society, be responsible. And as best we know right now, wear your fucking masks in public and get vaccinated. Or move out to the Alaskan bush or Amazonian rainforest and do whatever you want. I don't fucking care either way. I wish the govt would shut everything down AND I MEAN EVERYTHING until the spread stops. I know this would be a logistical nightmare but how much have we blown in the past couple of years with nothing to show for it?

Any doctor that tells you to not get the shot should lose their licence. There's a reason the vast, vast majority are recommending masks and vaccines. It's just a few mostly selfish or completely ignorant people oppose this. Fuck your rights and fuck your so called privacy. We are at war.

Brent, sorry to hear about your dad. 100% you will die if you get this. And you could pass it on to vulnerable people. I will 50% likely die if I get it. Comp 73% would too. Pimp 374%. I've had family members die from this and numerous friends suffer greatly from long term effects. You do not want to rush getting this. Do the math and it's not merely the risk of dying. Factor in long term damage, risk to others, cost to society. It's pretty clear what the right path is. But you go ahead and do you.

Anyway, FK U TRIGS. FK THE ANTI MASKERS AND ANTI VAXXERS while you're at it. In fact y'all can go FK URSLVS for all I care. See you again in a few years. Well, not all of you cuz some will die.
    compueasetrigsBfillmaffBuzzzarddToronto PimpBlondeFish
    edited November 2021
    Thanks for dropping by Greg, especially with the words of encouragement and staying positive as you always are.

FYI, Pimp is likely in better shape than most of us, have you seen what he has been doing this past couple of years?
  • That post was borderline retarded but damn Greg it's good to hear from ya!
    trigs
  • Greg, kiss my grits ! 205 pounds 36 inch waist. Sadly still the same penis. Still have a ways to go on my journey.

pfpu6iq8lyij.jpeg

g7f33bkemnm7.jpeg

BuzzzarddtorontotablecptBfillmaffwoog30
    edited November 2021
    What kind of crappy inkjet printer is that in the background? And your desk is a mess... I'll tell your mom..
    Toronto Pimp
  • compuease wrote: »
    What kind of crappy inkjet printer is that in the background? And your desk is a mess... I'll tell your mom..

Well used hand lotion near the screen and who still burns CDs?
    Toronto Pimp
  • Wonder what that certificate on the wall is for?
  • >> But where does it stop Compuease, next is booster shots etc...

And so it begins... I find it intriguing that boosters are required to attend
    any social gathering under Ontario's COVID-19 restrictions.

1078s3jw7p9t.png

Also, see;

https://time.com/6117731/unvaccinated-lockdown-austria/
  • So what's your concern? You don't agree that vaccinations should be manditory for large gatherings indoors and such? It is optional you know if you want to just stay home and not attend events.
    thisORthat
  • Huh? That is the list of people who are eligible. Where are booster shots required by anyone?