Niagara Tourney March 12

Anyone planning on heading down for the tournament next week? I'm thinking I'll go fire a bullet or two, realize again why I don't like tournaments, and then play some cash games.

Comments

• trigs wrote: »
    Anyone planning on heading down for the tournament next week? I'm thinking I'll go fire a bullet or two, realize again why I don't like tournaments, and then play some cash games.

See you there huggie bear.
  • trigs wrote: »

Trigs.... what kinda costume you gonna wear ? Boring teacher on spring break or something a little more interesting?

I will pay half your buy in if you wear a cowboy hat and skinny jeans ..... with zero equity.......

EDIT

you must keep cowboy hat on for whole tournament and any cash games played after busting.....

skinny jeans is kinda gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) so regular jeans are fine.
  • Lol Pimp, you are hilarious. I don't own a cowboy hat but I do have one hat that might count ;)

Picture6.gif
  • That is a very odd hat. What costume does that belong with ? For some reason I see Dr Who getting in to the tardis box wearing that hat
  • Maybe you are Dr. WHO....
  • Maybe you are Dr. WHO....

We always wondered about him....
  • I'll be in Niagara tomorrow. Have to take the kids for a swim then to the keg. I hope to play cash games around 9pm if anyone is still around.

Maybe Trigs can get PLO going prior to my arrival.
  • Doing laundry trying to figure out how goofy to dress for tomorrow.
  • Drive down was great. Weathers nice. Let hope poker makes up for bowling and arcade costs.
  • Did any of you guys actually make it down?
  • payperview wrote: »
    Did any of you guys actually make it down?

Mike is (or maybe was) there... He was playing cash when I texted with him about 2 pm..
  • I busted twice with pocket aces first one was against pocket 3’s..... guy raised during level 2 blinds are 100-200 he raised pocket 3’s from the button to 2000. Starting stack in these tournaments are 7500 chips........ and at this point I had just over 6000. I am in the big blind with pocket aces I shove all in for 6000 and he calls . Flop is safe but turn is a 3.... I am out.

scratching my head. Go to play cash game for a bit. Sit down right away at 2-5.... in for 1000 out for 1240.

They announce that this is the largest 165 Tuesday tournament yet so I re- buy.....

2 levels of nothing blinds are now 300-600-600. I look down at pocket aces and I 5800 in chips...... I shove all in get 2 callers.
    First guy has pocket queens next guy has 4-7 spades.......... guy with 4-7 scoops my 5800 and grabs over 20,000 from the pocket queens guy when he hits his flush .

I dunno ...... stuff happens....

my my buddy conrad is still in the tourney they have made the money and he is sitting with almost 140,000 with avg at 69,000 and 27 peeps left on dinnner break

Trigs was there , did not wear a cowboy hat or skinny jeans , he looked like a teacher on spring break.

funny side story, guy sitting across from me today turns out to be Diego’s boss. He used to deal at all of the big underground games years ago and now he runs his own game. I believe he runs 7 nights a week but still would go since a 20max rake in a 1-3game is not beatable.
  • First big hand I'm dealt KK in MP. EP villain raises to 600 with blinds 50-100. Standard raise had been 250-300. Alarm bells go off as I instantly think this is the type of guy who is raising bigger with bigger hands. It goes 4 ways to an AK9 rainbow flop. Villain cbets, I raise, fold, fold. Villain shoves and I literally call and say "You have trip aces, right?" as he flips them over. I fucking knew it but how can I fold there.

Down to 13BBs, I hang around for a bit until doubling through with KQ vs KJ all in preflop. At level 150-300 I'm around 13BBs still and shove AQ. BB calls with A9o and turns the 9. I didn't want to rebuy for something like 20BBs so I went to play cash instead.

My table was an old man nit-fest. The guy to my right would hold his hand completely upright if I folded so I watched him call/fold all the way to the river with A5 after flopping trip 5s on a 655 board. I managed to win $150 in a few hours but it was boring as hell.

I did not wear the hat and skinny jeans ;)
  • You didn't teach them how to play stampler?
  • Tuesday had 211 runners plus 73 re-entries.
    284 total entrants. Approx $9100 on top.
  • 13CARDS wrote: »
    Tuesday had 211 runners plus 73 re-entries.
    284 total entrants. Approx $9100 on top.

That is some amazing value for a $165 tourney.