Blasted 2 bullets today

Lost with kings against a set of twos.... 2nd buy in I lost with pocket 10’s I shoved on the flop of 9 10 2 rainbow and a guy snapped me of with K Q off for 40 big blinds...... he over bet the pot on the flop so I shoved just over 8000 with the blinds at 100 200 200ante.

Of course the Jack hit the turn.

On the the plus side I got to go shopping since I busted 2 buy-ins before 2pm and I found some nice cowboy boots to wear when I drive the pickup truck wearing plaid underwear and matching plaid shirt and hat.

Comments

• I have had a month of bad beats like this... Sitting in 145 person MTT and playing for 2 hours only to have someone catch a card on the river with 5% (2 outs) to beat a very strong KK or QQ. It's frustrating in poker tournaments to not get tilted when this happens. It's almost better for me to not allow re buys!
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    I have had a month of bad beats like this... Sitting in 145 person MTT and playing for 2 hours only to have someone catch a card on the river with 5% (2 outs) to beat a very strong KK or QQ. It's frustrating in poker tournaments to not get tilted when this happens. It's almost better for me to not allow re buys!

it does get frustrating sometime.

yesterday I played $165 tourney at Niagara.

at start of final table, my chip stack at 165k. blinds 6k/12k/12k

UTG player who is playing super loose and lost 60% of his stack tilted, raise to 30k next player raise all in.
    I look down to pocket QQ. I go all in.
    Everyone fold and initial raiser calls.

My hand QQ
    initial raiser TT & other player KT diamond

Flop is 69J turn 8 RIVER Q
    WTF

If I win this hand I would have close to $480k & have dominated stack to play the final table andhave chance to win over 8k.

instead I am eliminated with fucking Q for set. but lose to straight. ughhhhhhhh

I cash $739.00
  • Still a decent cash but it could have been so much better! Do you think the All in call was the right decision here? Not that I am saying it is not just curious now that you look back to the players and how they were playing is this always a all in for you no matter what? Looks like you were ~14 BB so to me this seems like an all in no matter what with a JAM in front of you. Always curious what others think when they are in these spots!
  • I couldn't fold in this spot, even though everyone thinks I fold my way to wins..:)
  • The_Game wrote: »
    it does get frustrating sometime.

yesterday I played $165 tourney at Niagara.

at start of final table, my chip stack at 165k. blinds 6k/12k/12k

UTG player who is playing super loose and lost 60% of his stack tilted, raise to 30k next player raise all in.
    I look down to pocket QQ. I go all in.
    Everyone fold and initial raiser calls.

My hand QQ
    initial raiser TT & other player KT diamond

Flop is 69J turn 8 RIVER Q
    WTF

If I win this hand I would have close to $480k & have dominated stack to play the final table andhave chance to win over 8k.

instead I am eliminated with fucking Q for set. but lose to straight. ughhhhhhhh

I cash $739.00

good job Yama , you did everything correct there.....just got unlucky.
  • good job Yama , you did everything correct there.....just got unlucky.

thanks

Yes i feel my all in was the correct move due to what i witnessed within last 1 hr.