Vegas Trip...Maybe

I'm really hoping that this year I will finally pop my Vegas cherry. It's still a ways away and there's still some convincing to do, so anything can happen. However, the more I have planned out, the better my argument will be! The plan (still in the very early planning stages) is to head down right at the beginning of July once I'm done work.

Obviously, I will have to play in at least one WSOP event. My main options will be:

• Event #62 $888 Crazy 8's No Limit Holdem (it's last flight is July 1st so it's possible)
  • Event #66 $1500 NL Holdem (July 5th)
  • Event #68 $1111 The Little One for One Drop (July 7th or 8th)
  • Event #73 $1000 Double Stack No Limit Holdem (July 11th) - pretty sure this is a turbo
  • Event #75 $1500 The Closer No Limit Holdem (July 12th, 13th or 14th) - also a turbo

I will probably be playing mostly cash games when I can and will most likely play only one of the above events.

I'd like to stay on the strip but I'm not looking to be staying in the hotel much, so I would be fine with getting a cheaper place that's reasonable. What hotels would you veterans recommend? Also, would you suggest a specific airline or does it not matter?

I'm excited just thinking about this!

Comments

• Westjet out of Hamilton.... Sometimes have some decent sales, watch for them. Is this including wife? This will determine class of accomodation. Remember almost everywhere has approx $30. per day resort fee, make sure you factor that in. Most hotels also have daily parking charges if you are renting a car.
  • Yes wife would be coming.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
  • Flamingo is a good middle of road hotel. Also convenient to both ends of strip. Good party pool for the wife. Get to Windsor and get your total rewards card and your hotel costs will be cut in half or more.
  • TI TV Offer. No resort fee.
    Spirit airlines out of Detroit for cheaps.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  • TI seems good, Spirit is not the deal it once was though... Maybe save a $100. not worth the drive anymore methinks... I remember one time I went Spirit for like $80. roundtrip and that's when the $$ was close to par..
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    TI TV Offer. No resort fee.
    Spirit airlines out of Detroit for cheaps.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Def this. Also free parking if your renting a car, and great proximity to the rio out the back and also a good location on the strip.

Stayed there with the same special for last years wsop. Would definitely recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I find the best overall deals are thru Expedia out of Pearson these days. I like TI for getting the best night's sleep if you can get the rooms away from the strip, but it's not as central as others. Harrah's has reno-ed 2 of 3 towers and the new rooms are very nice but may be quite noisy at that time. Good value tho.
  • Me: Honey, have you thought more about going to Vegas this summer?
    Her: (stares at me for a few seconds) So, you want to go to the desert during the hottest time of the year.

I still have some convincing to do...
  • You: yeah, but it's a dry heat.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    You: yeah, but it's a dry heat.

Legit lol'd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk