The Argggghhhh Spot.....

Had an interesting hand in the DSPT Main last weekend.......

Effective stacks:

V1 (SB) 42K......only played about 20 hands...seems solid, younger (25-30) guy.
V2 (button) 31K....let's just call her the player you dream of at your table
Hero 56K.......future champ obv

Blinds 100/200....

Folds to me in cutoff with QcKs....minclick to 400, V2 calls on button, V1 pops to 1250....I flat, button flats.

Flop comes down 8JQddd........V1 bets out 1500, I call button calls.

Turn is the Kc......V1 checks, I bet out 5K.....V2 and V1 call.

River Qs.....checked to me, I bet out 12K....V2 throws in 22K (we all assume she was raising)....dealer makes her make it 24K. V1 shoves all-in for 34K........

Hero??????

Comments

• You're that worried about KK?

Snap call.

Mark
  • So which one of them had T9d?
  • You are only beat by two hands, and you have a blocker to one of them. Easy call.
  • I would say it's likely one has a flush, probably nut flush, other smaller boat. Call and enjoy heaps of betting discs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I call, but I feel like I am up against KK.....just because of how you described him only playing 20 hands then re-popping you just over 3x.
  • i call because i have ze full house
  • Agreed, it's a pretty clear call...was curious if there would be any argument for a fold

• T8urmoney wrote: »
    Agreed, it's a pretty clear call...was curious if there would be any argument for a fold

If you see their cards
  • V1 has pocket Jacks
    V2 has a flush
    Call
  • The way the action goes down I'm definitely not snap calling though. Would really try and put the pieces together but in the end I can't see myself doing anything other then just calling.

Care to share results, or does it even matter?

• in conclusion........I tanked for a couple minutes, deciding button had flush, and hoping V1 has JJ...........

V2 = 88
    V1 = KK

I say fack
  • I like the way you think. Fack.
  • fold obv ez game
  • This is how i get eliminated from every mtt. Blaze of glory imo.

tumblr_m8nqdvG70K1r5j928o1_500.gif
  • Wtf? You pretty much have the nuts and there are hands that would do this that you beat. V2 could have 88 and V1 could have JJ. Your only really worried about V2 having one combo of 109s and V1 having one combo of KK. Either one of them could have QK as well. Assuming they are competent players,there ranges may contain worse hands but I will assume they don't.

So you win vs 88,JJ ,lose to KK,10d9d and you chop with QK. Most of the time that is. Sometimes V2 will have 10d9d and you and V1 with both have QK. Each villain has a 17% chance of having that combo that beats you and roughly 33% chance in chopping the pot(depends if your chopping with V1 OR V2). Which means on average you will win 50% lose 17% and chop 33% of the time.

So by my count the pot otr after you bet and V2 raises is $50,200 + V1's shove brings the total pot $84,200. You have to call $22,000 more and you win %50 of the time which is an ev of $31,000.

If you all we're deeper and V1 makes a larger 3bet I would just call. Then if V2 4bets and V1 5bets I would fold knowing V1 has KK. If V2 4bets and V1 flats I still fold. V1 might even fold JJ at that point and be flatting only QK. V2's 4bet should at minimum be QK which means if V1 is flatting QK than V2 has 10d9d. If V2 4bets and and V1 folds I estimate my ev based on the pot odds and decide if the call is ev+. Will me chopping the pot 2/3 times (2 combos of QK one of 10d9d) amount to more than calling and losing 1/3 times.