WWYD: Bubble Deal

On the bubble of a WSOP-I Berlin satellite with 25 players getting a seat and the 26th getting €22 cash, some German players ask for a deal. The tournament director asks if everybody is willing to give extra cash so that there would be no "bubble boy" and everybody wins a seat. Each seat is worth €275 (~ C$415) and the bubble donation is 15% of your €65 buy-in (€10). The bubble boy would get the €22 26th place prize + €260 in donations for a total of €282.

You are the huge chipleader, with four times the average chip stack. There are several very short stacks in your table and the other two tables. What would you do?

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14468502_10210105128802483_8809396565588928876_o.jpg

Comments

• Seen this on your FB. Quite a few mixed reviews.

Personally, in your position I snap no deal. Especially on such a low buy in sat.

Now if I was one of the few ppl remaining with 1-3bb's then ya I'd probably agree to it.

I do play recreationally, and primarily just for fun, but I am still trying to maximize ev whenever possible.
  • Tell them to ask you in 5 minutes
    And then click on 'sit out'
  • Definitely no deal and I fold every hand till the bubble breaks.
  • I would politely decline the deal but that you have no objection to the remaining players kicking in a little more so they all guarantee themselves a seat.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I would politely decline the deal but that you have no objection to the remaining players kicking in a little more so they all guarantee themselves a seat.

+1

Why donate, no need.
  • Or better yet, agree to the deal but demand, as the chip leader, you want the cash payout as you stated it was actually slightly higher then the 'seat only' payouts.
  • UBetIFold wrote: »
    Seen this on your FB. Quite a few mixed reviews.
    :
    I do play recreationally, and primarily just for fun, but I am still trying to maximize ev whenever possible.
    I posted in several places, and was surprised how polarized the opinions are, including that you will have bad karma and some have no idea why you are being such an "evil douchebag" to ever say no in order to maximize EV in poker. :o

I of course politely declined the -EV donation, but several German players also kept saying Nein, Nein, Nein! I told the TD that I would not object to others making the donation, but others objected. A German offered to give me the cash and I said that it's fine and we can ask the TD. However, one of the shortest stacks at my table said, "Nein!" He figured that others have an even shorter stack than him and that he would save the money. I raised his big blind, and like everybody else in my table, he folded to my raise. After a player busted in another table, I shook hands and congratulated every player in my table.

I'm in the final day of the WSOP Deepfreeze Event 5 today with live coverage at PokerFirma.com - Die ganze Welt ist Poker!, but I may post a WWYD part deux later that's more weird.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »

I'm in the final day of the WSOP Deepfreeze Event 5 today with live coverage at PokerFirma.com - Die ganze Welt ist Poker!, but I may post a WWYD part deux later that's more weird.

How did you make out ??? cant read German .
  • After being chipleader in my table for most of Event 5, I got 3-outered twice by AQ then KJ.

image.jpg

The dealer above dealt to me the most. With only six away from the money, a German in a RunItUp hoodie three-bet all-in with KJ and I called with AK soooted, but he hit the jack and ended up in sixth place. She was the dealer in my last two eliminations. Another blonde lady that was short-stacked in my table at the end of Day 1 ended up in second place.

Had Berlin used WSOP's 15% or EPT's 20% ITM, both DirtArse and I would have cashed. Below is DirtArse's final hand, where he was a 94% favourite with AA vs. AK.

image.jpg

German poker is RIGGED! ;)

After our bad beats, we went sightseeing in Berlin, Potsdam, and Denmark. We are planning our next poker trip for next month at the WPT / partypoker Caribbean Poker Party. Is anybody such as PocketsTwos interested in going to Hard Rock Punta Cana?
    How did you make out ??? cant read German .
  • Clearly this is not a question of what is +EV.

What would I do?

I would ask the tournament director if everyone is willing to give more money to double the prize pool and hurt the bubble boy harder.
  • ^ This. Well put.