Roll Call: September 11th Brantford $180 DS

Who's in tomorrow?

This is a good one one you Comp if you still have your backer. You can rid with me if you want.

Comments

• Consider it but I think it's the $230 on Oct 2nd the deep stack isn't it? I think my wife and I are heading to Niagara and would have stayed at Fallsview but they are booked up tonight, likely heading down for the day/evening anyways... email me "myfirstnameherecookson@gmail.com" if you are heading down.
  • If you find yourself at Fallsview pop in and say HI. I will be getting there around 2pm ..... hopefully its early enough to start the 5-10 game.
  • My crazy heater continues...... Was playing 5-10 this afternoon at fallsview.

Comp texts me and lets me know he is gonna stop in to say HI before killing it at Niagara. I end up smashing the cash game for just under 4k and was going to meet Comp for dinner. So i cashed my chips in and told him i would meet him in the high limit salon prive. I had to use up a cupon for $200 match play. I buy in for 1800 and win win win........ Then comp show up........

So....... I announce to the dealer that this is my last hand no matter what....... Since i was up another bunch of chips from blackjack i throw out 12 black chips.......... Comp looks at me like i am a retard.......... The dealer gives me a very well deserved BLACKJACK..... 1200 pays 1800...... Run right to the cage with my body guard. COMP And Cashed out exactly $7000...started with 1800...... Hetaer contines.

Had a nice dinner with my body guard then sang Van Halen songs the whole way home.
  • Wow, nice win Mike. Next time I see you i'll have to rub your head for luck.
  • I certify above as completely accurate.... wow, just wow... Thanks very much for dinner Mike, it was nice to talk to you and hear about your background. I think we have a lot of similarities in the way we approach business.

My night at Niagara was no where near as profitable, however before I went to dinner with Mike I did double up with AA vs JJ and then take about another $80. with QQ.
    Two young guys, obviously together, sat to my immediate right and from their talk at least one of them was an online player with little live experience. Thought, oh boy, this could be good. I had a couple of Niagara reg's to my left and was prepared to watch them take the young guns $$, both bought in with blacks and talked like they had lots more, typical big talk.
    Second hand in I'm under the gun, they are in the blinds. Peek down at AA, hmm how to play this... Limp.. prepared to throw it away if everyone else limps of course... Reg to my left raises to 11, thank you for that, one more caller to the SB.. He seems to look real confident and re-raises to $30. His buddy in BB calls. Now how to play this? flat and see a flop with at least 3 others and let them hang themselves... nope too dangerous with the reg to my left, just shoved, reg instant fold as he told me later he knew it was AA or KK. Back to sb and he hums and haws and tells his buddy that old regs always do this, limp under the gun with AA.. Took some time and bravely asked me if I wanted a call but I felt he wanted to fold.. He must have seen that one on tv somewhere...lol
    I told him, while moving my cards forward as If I thought he was going to fold, that if he wanted to race for his stack against my JJ I was fine with it but said I didn't think he should.
    He then says to the dealer, isn't that a fold, pointing to my cards touching the line, with my hand still firmly holding them.. hehe, think he must have read that somewhere..
    Now he calls and turns over his JJ, think that's why he called, he must have thought I was over valuing AK, especially when he figured I was not being truthful about JJ since it would be unlikely we both would have it. Board runs out clean and his stack comes to me. He wasn't happy.. I stayed quiet while the rest of the table chuckled..
    He rebuys with 2 more blacks, which I politely offer him his reds back for.. Think that might have steamed him even more... During that one orbit him and his buddy donated $600. and disappeared, likely wondering why this plays so differently than online..:)

Pick up QQ utg after they were gone, raise to 8, 2 callers, low flop I bet it all the way to the river and hold for about a $160. pot and text Mike to go to dinner... Nice start to the evening although after I got back, played for 2 more hours and really didn't do much, up maybe another $40, so a nice $300 or so profit, not quite on Mikes level but good for me.. I would love to have the bankroll, and wife who would let me, play at a table with him..
  • Hey now. You can play cash with Mike at my place.
  • If you have a night of the "dumb people" games ( NL & PLO ) I can come by...... the other games are way out of my comfort zone.
  • psssst.. Mike is no "dumb people"
  • compuease wrote: »
    psssst.. Mike is no "dumb people"...

Comp..... Shhhh...

i have a certain image around here. No coaching.
  • Comp..... Shhhh...

i have a certain image around here. No coaching.

Sorry I tried to make that small font and it didn't work.

There, made it really faint, is that better..

Sorry for the extreme derail Glenn, not much discussion here about Brantford..
  • Genn...... Trip report....... Please don't tell us you bubbled again ...... Lets hear an in the money story.
  • It is plo this friday. We'll get comp out.
  • Genn...... Trip report....... Please don't tell us you bubbled again ...... Lets hear an in the money story.

No worries guys, thread never really got going other than this conversation, kinda like my day at Brantford.

You were right tho Comp, it wasn't a Deepstack :(
    I thought all Sundays were DS but apparently not.

I chipped up early to 15k (from 10k starting stack), then ran JJ into KK on a small board vs a novice player who played it like a draw the whole way down because she was "afraid I had Aces". Then I ran AQ into Shirley on a Q87 flop, where of course she had 77 (fuckin geriatrics). That left me pretty short until I won a couple of shoves and chipped back up to starting stack (almost), but by then that was les than 10 bigs, so I jammed 8c6c and got it thru everyone but the BB who had aces (of course).

Poker sucks and I suck at poker.