GPL anyone?

anyone watch the global poker league stream yesterday? i caught the tail end and it was pretty interesting. they are doing the heads up portion today which has some good match ups like jungleman vs elky.

Comments

• After David Baazov, Amaya and other crooks have ruined online poker, GPL is the last best hope to bring more money into the shrinking poker economy. Jungleman cursing, yawning and going on tilt vs. chill Elky was hilarious; it's better if commentators Griffin Benger and Sam Grafton talk less when the combatants speak uncensored about what's going on in their head.

I look forward to Xuan Liu's girl-on-girl match.
  • Watching jungleman was fun and he offered some nice insight, I have no idea what elKY was doing half of the time tho, seemed to yield way too much

to clearify I think he was fine postflop but his preflop ranges were confusing, I don't buy the whole intimidation factor the commentators are trying to sell
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Watching jungleman was fun and he offered some nice insight, I have no idea what elKY was doing half of the time tho, seemed to yield way too much

to clearify I think he was fine postflop but his preflop ranges were confusing, I don't buy the whole intimidation factor the commentators are trying to sell

that was a fun match to watch. jungleman was hilarious and i loved hearing his rambling thought process lol. i agree that elky was playing pretty strangely. not sure if that was his strategy coming in or what. he seemed to be way too passive for heads up imho but idk, maybe that was his plan for playing against probably the best heads up NL holdem player in the world.
  • Swedes representing so well they get 6 shared cards :D
    Swedes representing so well they get 6 shared cards :D

i couldn't watch yesterday. internet was down as i'm upgrading the speed. only took them five hours to get it done ffs.
  • Software bugged out in a spot where one guy rivered the nuts with the nut flush and the other guy rivered the 2nd nut flush lol, suddenly out of nowhere a 6th card dropped and they had to restart the match
    Software bugged out in a spot where one guy rivered the nuts with the nut flush and the other guy rivered the 2nd nut flush lol, suddenly out of nowhere a 6th card dropped and they had to restart the match

lol that would have sucked.
  • While waiting for next week's GPL Twitch streams, you can watch Team Canada's Xuan @ Twitch.
  • commentators tilt me, they disliked Chance Kormuth shoving over a button open with 910 22bigs effective stacks. There was no table flow considerations, no oh he opens 22 bigs which is a comfortable last open to go for before hitting that 20BB mark, no nothing just "Oh, Kormuth is an omaha player bla bla, he must not be used to 6 max"

Earlier they went something like "oh, kitty won a hand while talking basic poker logic on her webcam after outflopping her opponent, she's so good and if you underestimated the ladies you see now that she just won a pot omgomg"
  • Commentary is not the greatest. I agree.
  • Will check out stream, she was interesting to listen to yesterday and seemed quite solid. I'm confused about some shortstack play from her since my money would probably have been in the middle more, but I can say that for everyone at the 6max table except maybe kitty
  • After Team Canada swept 3-0, now watching Phil Galfond vs. Jason Mercier heads-up.
    https://www.twitch.tv/gpl
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    After Team Canada swept 3-0, now watching Phil Galfond vs. Jason Mercier heads-up.
    https://www.twitch.tv/gpl

i really wanted to watch galfond v mercier but couldn't :( i'll try to watch the replay if available.
  • I dunno it's really starting to bother me how weak elky looks, really fun to get insight tho but his body language, hand selection, plays and commentary just seems mediocre

Edit: "The downside of cbetting is that you strenghten your opponents range making randy's a10 less likely to win a showdown - commentators 2016"

Edit: I just watched a pro raise and fold to a shove with effective stacks 8,5 BB's, my head hurts, I just don't understand