Android Tablets

Looking for a tablet to travel with that I can 4 table on and that has decent battery life -- is this realistic?

I see tablets as low as <$200 on bestbuy.ca -- what processor, etc am I looking for?

Just need wifi capable, do not need data.

Comments

• well since no one is responding i'll give it a try.

4 tabling on pokerstars app is fine. it supports 4 tables max but they are overlapped though. any decent tablet should run this app with no problem so the processor speed shouldn't be a big issue.

i'd suggest at least an 8"-10" tablet as smaller is just annoying when playing on for a prolonged time. also, smaller screen makes it easier to misclick the buttons.

as far as battery life, they are all more or less the same. try to keep the charge as close to full as possible all the time. this helps keep the battery charge lasting longer. it's actually a myth that letting the battery run all the way out is better for it. the more times the battery charge is "cycled" the weaker the battery charge becomes.
  • I stayed out of this thread as I'd only confuse matters by suggesting a win8.1 tablet... But the stars app is decent and will run on pretty much any android tablet you get. Not an expert on which one to get, but that price range would be fine for your needs.
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    I stayed out of this thread as I'd only confuse matters by suggesting a win8.1 tablet... But the stars app is decent and will run on pretty much any android tablet you get. Not an expert on which one to get, but that price range would be fine for your needs.

i recently bought an Asus Transformer that runs windows 8 and i'm enjoying it as well. i didn't suggest it in this thread though as i'm assuming he wants to stick with android.
  • Just thought Android would be easier since my phone is the same
  • Oh...does PStars app let you play Omaha or only holdem like 888 and Party?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Oh...does PStars app let you play Omaha or only holdem like 888 and Party?

PokerStars Mobile Game Software and Apps | FAQs and Customer Support
    Q.What are the differences between games available on Mobile Poker and those on the computer-based software?

A.All real money and play money Hold'em and Omaha games are available on PokerStars Mobile Poker. When playing in the Mobile application, you will be playing with the same pool of players as those using their computer.
  • PokerStars Mobile Game Software and Apps | FAQs and Customer Support
    Q.What are the differences between games available on Mobile Poker and those on the computer-based software?

A.All real money and play money Hold'em and Omaha games are available on PokerStars Mobile Poker. When playing in the Mobile application, you will be playing with the same pool of players as those using their computer.

i don't think all the games are present on the app. for example, i was looking to play some 8 game or horse and i don't think that is on the app. at least, i couldn't find them. pretty much everything else is there though.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Just thought Android would be easier since my phone is the same

well, if you want to consider windows 8, you can use it as a touch screen or with a mouse or mouse pad (if you get a tablet that comes with a keyboard). also, with windows 8 you'd be using the regular pokerstars software and not the somewhat limited app.
  • I love my google nexus 7 with the high res screen and 32gb

Get on their mailing list, it will go on sale from time to time

Google Nexus 7 FHD Tablet 32GB 7" WUXGA, Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5 GHz , 2GB-DDR3, Android 4.3 [2nd GEN] (NEXUS7 ASUS-2B32) (Refurbished) - NMicroVIP
  • moose wrote: »
    I love my google nexus 7 with the high res screen and 32gb

Get on their mailing list, it will go on sale from time to time

Google Nexus 7 FHD Tablet 32GB 7" WUXGA, Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5 GHz , 2GB-DDR3, Android 4.3 [2nd GEN] (NEXUS7 ASUS-2B32) (Refurbished) - NMicroVIP

Yep, I like the one I got as well. I tried to get the one Moose mentioned, but they were sold out at the time so I got mine from Costco with some slightly reduced features.

I don't use it as much as I thought I would, but it is nice being able to play poker without being tied to your desktop.
  • Just get a small notebook computer. You don't have to worry about apps as it runs the full software,....no touch screen misclicks (unless you prefer touchscreen laptops) and it sits on your lap so you don't have to hold it! It even has a keyboard!! Booyah!
  • Paging Moose! So, finally downloaded MX PLAYER for the nexus and just found out it doesn't have a custom codec for dolby theater surround audio. Any idea where I can get a codec pack for this?

Or another video player that supports dts or ac3 audio?
  • Strangely enough I am installing that right now. When I searched for it, I saw a codec pack as well. Dunno if that will solve your problem. I guess you are trying to use it to stream to your tv?
  • Ha. That's funny. I'd say great minds think alike, but I don't have a great mind.

I installed the codec pack add on, but it still doesn't like dts or ac3.

Nope, heading to Kingston for a few days to paint my Mom's house for resale. No wifi, no tv, no cable, no net. Trying to stay minimally entertained while not doing a painting marathon.

You'd be blown away at how much the Queen's ghetto has expanded since we were there. The street I grew up on was all family owned houses 15yrs ago. Now every single one is student housing.
  • Everything so far has worked with my nexus 7 but I used to use this all the time to convert files for my playbook.

Free Video Converter, Any Video Converter Freeware: Convert any video to MP4/WMV/MP3 for mobile devices
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »

I think I love you, but I'm not quite sure yet.

One file with ac3 audio has worked thus far, just waiting on a dts file.

God I'm easy.

Thanks man.

Moose, I'm thinking VLC will play anything, just like on PC.
  • So what do I want to buy again? Cash games are horrible (PLO) on Stars in comparison to 888.

Anyone know if you can play PLO on 888 on an android tablet? The phone app just has holdem.

I'm guessing a windows tablet would let me 2-4 table just like a laptop?
  • FYI this one is $100 off for black friday making it $199. The 8" screen is just on the smaller side so I would hold one before you commit - but it runs full win8.1 so yeah go ahead and 16 table it up if you want. (and run PT/HM too!)

Buy Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet (32 GB) - Microsoft Store Online