Breakoutgaming offering starts today:

Breakout Gaming | Fundraiser | Offering

As an incentive, early buyers will be rewarded with additional BRO on a sliding scale. The incentive model will be as follows:

The bonus for being in the first decile (10%) of BTC received is an additional 10% BRO. The second decile of BTC received will get a bonus 8%. 3rd decile – 6%, 4th decile – 4%, and 5th decile – 2%.
Buyers in the second half of the funds raised will get their respective portions pro-rata.

Determining which 10 percentile each BTC purchase falls into will be done as follows. All BRO purchases will be time stamped when the BTC is sent. The decile cut-off points cannot be finalized until the purchase window closes and all BTC have been sent.

At that point, the total BTC will be divided by 10 to determine each decile bin size. Starting with the first BTC sent and progressing chronologically up through the BTC deposits until the cumulative subtotal equals and/or exceeds the first 10% threshold, these will be in the “10% incentive” category. The next chronologically received BTC payment on up through the BTC payment equaling and/or exceeding the first 20% of the total will be in the 2nd incentive group for 8%, and so forth until the 50th percentile. All payments in the latter half will have the straight conversion rate, without an incentive add-on. Any payment that happens to overlap deciles will be apportioned to its respective decile incentive levels. This table presents it visually.

Remember that no participant will know exactly how much BRO they have received until after the Coin Sale is over. We are distributing 5.5 million BRO proportionally to all participants based on how much BTC they provided, after allotment of bonuses.
This is when the game theory stars to get interesting I think. Some decent and well placed names involved it seems.

Comments

• This Coin Sale is simply an opportunity to purchase a new cryptocurrency Coin. This Coin Sale is not an offer of any security, ownership interest, or investment in any business, enterprise or activities of other persons. This offer is void in any jurisdiction where such a sale of a cryptocurrency may be deemed an offer to sell any security, investment contract or other investment instrument, in the sponsor of the Coin Sale nor in any other entity or business venture which may be developed in the future to conduct any of gaming or business operations or offer any of the gaming services described on this website. A purchase of a BRO Coin is only a purchase of a unit of a cryptocurrency, the purchaser does not acquire any investment or interest in the profits, revenues or business operations of any enterprise or the efforts of any other person.

id rather be the guys selling the bro coins, lol a lot less risk maybe? maybe i dont quite "get it" but i dont trust people in general lol.
  • Cool story bro
  • Monoxide wrote: »
    id rather be the guys selling the bro coins, lol a lot less risk maybe? maybe i dont quite "get it" but i dont trust people in general lol.
    Naw I think you get it (I admit I don't fully), its obv a lot of risk for potentially big reward. Definitely interesting and no doubt won't be the first opportunity.

Its interesting though because its kind of another form of gambling, that is, purchasing the shares. It might even be more legal than traditional forms of investing or gambling (or less).

I have seen much dialog with David Gzesh and he generally seems like a well placed and knowledgeable figure on the poker side of things and is a supporter and advocate of the digital asset side of things...

I'm watching this lecture right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcfhzcF6RcE
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    Cool story bro

It's a terrible name :-\
  • Sounds like a pyramid scheme by another name... Or a wolf in sheeps clothing. Nothing we haven't seen before.

Scammers gonna scam. Suckers born every minute...

Much rather invest in Gabbbbbboogalllllloo...>:D
  • compuease wrote: »
    Sounds like a pyramid scheme by another name... Or a wolf in sheeps clothing. Nothing we haven't seen before.

Scammers gonna scam. Suckers born every minute...

Much rather invest in Gabbbbbboogalllllloo...>:D
    Someone asked me on another forum what I thought and that was my explanation, was surprised they could feel its anything other than a few faces slapped on an image.

But I knew Gzesh is connected and hadn't really looked into him. After seeing a few interviews he is a great asset for that project, and I have to feel one of the leading industry "insiders" (at least from the legal perspective), and seems to have a sincere interest in growing the game legally but with integrity.

Obv I couldn't (nor wouldn't) suggest actually "investing" in something like this, especially not anything significant. But it is interesting the options it gives the players in owning a piece of the game or gambling on their favorite players that might be owners of or connected to certain new sites like this.

(I did buy some, it took seconds to purchase and about 20 mins for the "confirmation")
  • Two Plus Two Poker Forums - View Single Post - Brunson Jr, Chan, Forrest, Harman ... new bitcoinlike poker room
    Gzesh wrote:
    The ongoing BRO Coin Sale, is a sale of a new cryptocurrency to folks who want to buy a new coin. Buying a BRO Coin is not buying an investment in any business that may accept BRO Coins as payment, buyng a bitcoin is not an investment into Overstock or Expedia or Paypal merchants who accept bitcoin. What someone buys in the BRO Coin Sale is some BRO Coin, they are not investing in a gaming company or any other venture.

Breakout Gaming Brand games will be a Brand used by a separate company or companies, across a variety of games, some gambling and some skill/fantasy, to offered in markets where such business is legal. The Brand will emphasize certain crypto-currency derived benefits for players by denominating its chips and games in BRO Coin. (The Coin Sale sponsor has committed to provide a pool of BRO Coins to the Gaming Brand sponsor to give away for freerolls, et cetera to promote the gaming brand to players, when the gaming brand is ready to launch.) Player benefits of crypto-denominated gaming should include transparency as to 100% coverage of player liability, which could be secured by blockchain technology recently developed which allows for securing those funds against operator theft .... No poker player or other gaming customer is being asked to "invest", they will be offered an opportunity to try the games, likely for free, once the games are licensed, launched and legally operating in markets where they reside.

The gaming brand model has been designed to accept BRO Coin, bitcoin, USD, LiteCoin, DogeCoin, Euros, et cetera. No one needs to have acquired BRO, BTC, LTC et cetera to play. This aspect is designed to bring in as many prospective gamers as possible, not just the current crypto-affinity markets.. The design should collaterally bring this new fiat-user value to the BRO because it "gamifies"* an introduction to cryptocurrency. It also may collaterally promote price stability; as a regulated gaming company the Gaming Brand sponsor will be required to maintain 100% coverage of player liability. which will drive BRO currency trading liquidity.

*Gamification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. One of the drivers to Bitcoin use has been gambling, like SatoshiDICE. However, such bitcoin-only games require a prospective player to have already made the decision to buy a cryptocurrency. By making the first decision one to play a game, the idea is to bypass entirely the need for a decision to go out and buy a cryptocurrency, whether BTC or BRO, just to play that game. No great percentage of Overstock customers will ever buy bitcoin just to get a good deal on sheets that they want.)

Will the player experience on the gaming software be good, great or even lousy ? When the games are launched, the market will decide. Buy a bunch of gaming marketing today ? Why ? The games are not yet available for play. There is little point to enriching Card Player, Bluff, or even 2+2 until the gaming launch is a lot more imminent
  • What do the Spaniards think?