Jacnok + SeekTheGrail June 1-6 Vegas Trip

We fly out of Detroit Sunday on Spirit and managed to get a comped room in Windsor at Caesar's for Saturday. BTW for those looking for cheap flights to Vegas checkout Spirit. Our flight was $322 US return all in. You can park and fly with a shuttle for approx $60 / week too.

My luck all began when Jac emailed and said I gotta go to a conference in Vegas so work is paying for the room and transportation and I just need to cover the flight and meals. Sweet!

On to the start of the TR.

Day 1 May 31 pre-Vegas and a quick start!

We picked up our $10 direct bets and proceeded immediately over to Roulette. Jac bet first on red and hit red 16 then I took the next spin on black and hit black 2! An excellent start!

On to the poker room for some $1-3 max $300 NLH. The only major hand I got into was raising UTG with KK and getting 3 callers then the loose guy raises to $40 with about $120 total so I re-raise to play heads up and get folds to the loose guy who calls with AQ. Flop 4-6-8 rainbow turn 7 river 5 for a freakin chop! Still booked a +$150 win.

Tournament wise I plan to play the $600 Omaha 8+ events on Monday and Wednesday at the Venetian plus head over to the Rio for some cash or sattys or maybe the $235 dailys.

If you see the guy below (sans the cat) in Vegas stop by and say hello.
Cheers, Steve

Day 2 June 1

Headed over to The Rio to check out the WSOP (see Jac pictured plus the shot of the room. Got some clarification on the open face chinese rules for 3 handed watching a few $10 a point games. Name of the game is pineapple OFC.

Fantasyland is entered for a pair of queens or higher up top. Next hand the player is dealt 13 cards and sets it and reveals once the other players are done. You only play fantasy for 1 hand even if you can set your hand with QQ+ up top. 1,2 or all 3 players can be in fantasyland at the same time.

On the poker front after the Rio we headed over to The Venetian and I played some 8-16 limit OE to practise up for the tourney (booked a small loss) and Jac tried the $250 no limit survivor but alas did not survive. The room was full with 3 tournaments + 40 Hold Em + 12 Omaha games running. There was a 5-10 PLO and 10-20 no limit running too. Lots of action going for sure.

Day 3 June 2

We headed over to Flamingo for a few hours prior to the tourney. I was playing 1-2 no limit when the following hand came up.

I limp with 10-J of spades after 1 limper and the small blind raises to $10. The BB and limper call and I call. Pot $40.
Flop is 9s 10c Kd. SB and BB check and the limper grabs chips then checks and I check. Turn Qs. Checked to limper who bets $25 with about $90 behind.
I call.

River Ks! Guy bets the same $25 I raise to $90 and he snap calls with QK then looks in awe at my straight flush. Plus Flamingo pays out bonuses for quads or better so I got an extra $100 right away then had to wait until the hour was up to get another $50 for high hand. Yahoo!

Now off to the tourney so go me!

and busto in the $600 limit OE! Argh! 108 runners paying top 12 with 17k up top. The key hand was me AsAc2s5d in a capped 4 way pot pre (4 raises in Vegas) at 200 BB and 200-400 limits. Flop was Ks6d8d then a <acronym title="JavaScript">Js</acronym> on the turn for a 3 bet into a decent side pot and a killer Kc on the river that I have to fold. the side pot was won by J-J-10-2 and the main was won by K-8-A-5. Yep the play was that bad! On to tomorrow!

Day 4 June 3

Headed over to The Rio and played some 10-20 limit Omaha8 with a small win. I spent the day watching the final table of the $10,00 Omaha tourney won by Brock Parker and the millionaire maker won by Jonathan Dimming from Buffalo NY. I attached some pictures I took.

Comments

• More pics from day 3 June 3rd from the WSOP plus some shots of the big wheel and the Mirage volcano. FYI the big wheel is $25 during the day and $35 at night for those interested.
  • I played the $600 Omaha tourney at the Venetian. 88 runners first was 17.5k top nine paid. Unfortunately could not hold on my main opportunity with AA9J with hearts (41%) vs 3457 with diamonds (31%) and 88QQ also with diamonds (28%). All the money went in before the flop. I busted shortly after in around 50th. An 8 flopped and my straight and flush and A redraws all whiffed.

Some rules clarification for pineapple chinese too. If you are in fantasy you get dealt 14 cards and discard 1 card to set your hand. If you have quads or better on the bottom or trips up top then you remain in fantasy.

Plan to play some cash at the Rio for our last day. Cheers, Steve
  • In case anybody else will be going on the High Roller, the prices have gone down to as low as $17.95 (for Total Rewards members) and now free for children 12 & under (formerly up to $24.95). I plan to take my kid there on a sunset ride sometime between July 3-10.

Wheel Deals: How To Score A Cheap Las Vegas High Roller Ticket
    FYI the big wheel is $25 during the day and $35 at night for those interested.
  • Alas our trip comes to an end. It was pretty cool to hit the wsop and rail some of the tourneys. Played some 1-2 Big O and 20-40 limit Omaha 8 at The Rio yesterday but failed to realize any of my really good spots. I thought I played well thou and that is always the main thing.

One last picture from the Rio of Jac with his doppleganger Eric Seidel.

For those of you heading to Vegas Jac and I will leave some run good for you. Best of luck SeekTheGrail Steve and Jacnok Jac.
  • One last picture from the Rio of Jac with his doppleganger Eric Seidel.
    LOL, hopefully Jacnok will find the real Seiborg there to take a photo.
  • hey steve, couple things... 1- how did they have a poster of jac on the wall and 2- how much did u have to pay eric seidel to pose in front of it?