Options

WTB: playing cards

hey guys

i was wondering if any of you guys have any decks of cards laying around that you would like to sell

im looking for something other than my bicycles, I just want to spice it up a little with something different

please PM me or post in here, and hopefully we can work something out.

Thanx

Comments

• I usually order from here: CaraGails
  • cool site jules, thanx

I was kinda hoping a couple members have a couple decks they want to unload, and it can be mutually beneficial, I wouldn't mind some variety

all else fails, ill buy a few brand new decks, i just want to see what (if) anythings out there
  • I could never part with any of my set-ups. Just buy a couple setups of Copag 1546. you'll love them, and you cannot beat the value. An alternative would be Desjgns, and no that is not a typo (I think). You could save the shipping by going to
    www.straightpokersupplies.com
  • I have a bunch of card decks, poker hats and other unused swag from Las Vegas, PartyPoker, WPT Celebrity Invitational, etc. If any friend or forumer wants them, next time I post about going to a live event that they will also be in, let me know what you want for FREE and I can try to bring some. I still have the $5 Dominican Republic poker chip that zunni74 asked for awhile ago but never picked up at BCC.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I could never part with any of my set-ups. Just buy a couple setups of Copag 1546. you'll love them, and you cannot beat the value. An alternative would be Desjgns, and no that is not a typo (I think). You could save the shipping by going to
    www.straightpokersupplies.com

thanx for the link, I checked it out

since I know you are a chip guy, i was curious if you could share what brand(s) of decks you have? What are your favorite? What should I be looking for when choosing a deck? I was kind of more or less looking to find something with a cool back, but after a little research tonight I did on cards, it is sooo extensive the different "features" in a deck are, I really had no idea
    BlondeFish wrote: »
    I have a bunch of card decks, poker hats and other unused swag from Las Vegas, PartyPoker, WPT Celebrity Invitational, etc. If any friend or forumer wants them, next time I post about going to a live event that they will also be in, let me know what you want for FREE and I can try to bring some. I still have the $5 Dominican Republic poker chip that zunni74 asked for awhile ago but never picked up at BCC.

that sounds sweet buddy, I would love anything that you dont want, ill be sure to PM you in the future! >:D
  • Paper cards suck. You need good quality plastic cards. Best of the best IMO is Modiano.

I have these:

Modiano 100% Plastic Playing Cards

I also have

Modiano Bridge Size 4 Color / 4 PiP Plastic Playing Cards
    (2 Decks - Black, Gold)

Modiano Poker Size Playing Cards - POKER CLUB Style
    (2 Decks - Blue, Red)

But they are out of stock ATM. I like my Poker club index cards the best and I use the smaller index 4 colour deck for Omaha.
  • Thanx moose, I was actually going to PM you and ask you for advice as well. don't suppose you have any spare decks laying around that you want to get rid of, do you? :D

I got a couple packs coming my way off ebay, should be here early next week, I will post pics and share with you guys when I get them :)
  • Four colour decks SUCK !!!

Be careful about eBay decks. Big difference between plastic coated and plastic. sometimes eBay sellers do not know this difference. Sometimes they will be DELIBERATELY ignorant. Shocking, but true . . .

I was a card nut before moving on to chips . . . are you asking best value, or best cards?
    Four colour decks SUCK !!!

Be careful about eBay decks. Big difference between plastic coated and plastic. sometimes eBay sellers do not know this difference. Sometimes they will be DELIBERATELY ignorant. Shocking, but true . . .

I was a card nut before moving on to chips . . . are you asking best value, or best cards?

im asking straight up best cards, Ive been watching some "deck reviews" on youtube that some magician guy does, and he does some cool things with them, but I feel like his reviews are magic trick based rather than quality based, I just want the best of the best

Thanx milo
  • Bridge sized:

Fournier
    Carta Mundi
    Carta Mundi Cellulose Acetate
    Copag 1546
    Gemaco Super-flex
    Modianos
    Kems - all per-USPC except for 1 set-up of WSOP (2009)

I also own one set-up of Playboy 100% plastic playing cards. These are manufactured by pre-USPC Kem, as well.

Total Bridge sized set-ups = 15

Poker sized:

Fournier
    Dal Negro
    Desijgn
    Copag
    Piatnik
    Modiano
    Modiano Cristallo
    Modiano Platinum Acetate
    Bicycle Prestige

I also own 1 deck of Dal Negro Blancos (all white card-back)

Total Poker sized set-ups = 24
  • costanza wrote: »
    im asking straight up best cards, Ive been watching some "deck reviews" on youtube that some magician guy does, and he does some cool things with them, but I feel like his reviews are magic trick based rather than quality based, I just want the best of the best

Thanx milo

Best card, price is no object: Modiano Platinum Acetate, regular index.
    Best card, value : Copags

That being said, the Desijgns are, from limited playing, just as good as the Copags, and priced similarly. Carta Mundis are only a little bit pricier, but also just that little bit better, as well. As with most things, it will come down to what feels best for you. Do you like a thicker card? Then Modiano or Dal Negro are what you want. Like a little more flex, maybe a slicker feel, go with the Copags.

Lastly, do NOT, under ANY circumstances, buy Kems. The ONLY exception to this rule is if they are pre-USPC buy-out. The USPC Kems are no better than Copags, but you are STILL paying the premium for the name.
    Bridge sized:

Fournier
    Carta Mundi
    Carta Mundi Cellulose Acetate
    Copag 1546
    Gemaco Super-flex
    Modianos
    Kems - all per-USPC except for 1 set-up of WSOP (2009)

I also own one set-up of Playboy 100% plastic playing cards. These are manufactured by pre-USPC Kem, as well.

Total Bridge sized set-ups = 15

Poker sized:

Fournier
    Dal Negro
    Desijgn
    Copag
    Piatnik
    Modiano
    Modiano Cristallo
    Modiano Platinum Acetate
    Bicycle Prestige

I also own 1 deck of Dal Negro Blancos (all white card-back)

Total Poker sized set-ups = 24

wow, you are more of a card nut than I thought lol

any chance of sharing a couple pics?
  • I really hate trying to post pix, cuz I sux at it.

If you go to www.caragails.com, just browse through their card selection. I have at least one from every manufacturer, sometimes more (Modianos). I have one set-up from at least half the Modiano catalogue, maybe more.

You can add 2 set-ups of the Da Vincis to the Bridge sized totals.

Curse you . . .
  • I have some cards for sale if you are interested costanza

All are poker size

2 decks of copag, regular index
    2 decks of copag "peek"
    2 decks of copag "4 colour" regular index
    1 deck of KEM jumbo index
    1 deck of KEM regular index
    4 decks of Gemaco regular index
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    I have some cards for sale if you are interested costanza

All are poker size

2 decks of copag "peek"

What are the patterns on the KEMs?
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    I have some cards for sale if you are interested costanza

All are poker size

2 decks of copag "peek"

you got any pictures?
  • There are sone pictures here
    thorogoodconcerts.com/pokersale/

The KEM, at least one deck have braille like bumps

There are pix of modianos there but i am keeping those and also keeping one setup of copags