Mini Chaos Hold’em - Friday March 14 7:30 pm

Mini Chaos Hold’em - Friday March 14 7:30 pm

I’ve modified the chaos rules I found on this site to 36 since I don’t have 10 sided dice.

$2 for 100 chips
$2 Unlimited Rebuys for first 3 levels – you must be below 50 chips to rebuy
$2 Addon for 250 chips after level 3 – CHAOS RULES END HERE!
Players who bust on the last hand of level 3 will be allowed to buy 2 addons in addition to the original rebuy.

Pay top 20% or so depending on turnout (24 players max.)

Blind Schedule – note times for early levels
1-2 (30 min.)
2-4 (30 min.)
3-6 (30 min.)
5-10 (15 min. for remainder of tourney)
10-20
15-30
20-40
25-50
30-60
40-80
50-100
75-150 and so on

Feedback on the structure is welcomed.

Additional games can start once people are eliminated and tables become available. All games will be rake-free. BYOB – I’ll provide coolers. I am in the RIM Park area of Waterloo. Directions will be PM’ed to those interested.

Chaos hold'em is played like a normal tournament, starting with the structure of a regular No-Limit Hold'em tournament. Before the players post blinds for the hand, the player to the right of the dealer (the cutoff player) rolls a six sided die twice and some additional effect is added to the game for the hand after consulting the table below. The effect will only last for the hand being played. To keep the game moving, the cutoff will roll the dice and read the result while the dealer shuffles and deals.

The 10’s - Great to be the dealer
11: Dealer gets 5BB from the bank.
12: Cutoff gives the dealer 3BB's.
13: The dealer names a rank. For each card of that rank that appears on the board, all players who have already folded give the dealer one SB before the betting of that round.
14: The dealer rolls one six sided die and gains that many BB's from the bank.
15: All players give the dealer 1 BB.
16: The dealer must muck his cards and put 2BB into the pot. The dealer splits the pot with the winner of the hand.

The 20’s - Sucks to be the dealer
21: The dealer gives every player 1BB.
22: The dealer puts 3BB's into the pot.
23: If everyone folds to the dealer, the dealer must push all-in.
24: The dealer rolls a six sided die and puts that many BB's into the pot.
25: The dealer gives the small and big blinds the required chips to post.
26: The dealer must put at least 4BB in play on their turn. If the dealer folds s/he still must put 4BB in play.

The 30’s - Messing with the board
31: Deal the middle flop card face-down and only reveal it at showdown.
32: Deal two boards this hand. Split the pot at showdown between the winners of each board.
33: Each player still in the hand gets one extra card after the river is dealt.
34: The dealer may replace the flop, turn, and river each once, before betting begins.
35: Any ace or face card on the board will be removed, added to the muck, and replaced from the board with a new card.
36: The dealer may replace the 3 flop cards at any time prior to showdown.

The 40’s – Build the pot
41: Everyone limps in! Deal the flop and start the hand with post-flop betting.
42: The bank puts 5BB into the pot.
43: The bank matches the pot after the preflop betting, to a maximum of 10BB.
44: Everyone puts 2BB into the pot. Deal the entire board. No more betting.
45: Ante! Everyone puts 1SB into the pot before the cards are dealt and blinds are posted.
46: Blinds are tripled this hand.

The 50’s – Just some weird stuff
51: Players choose one hole card and expose it for the remainder of the hand.
52: Each player gets dealt three cards.
53: A player still in the hand may replace one or both hole cards any time after the flop.
54: The lowest card on the board is wild this hand. Hole cards that match that card are wild.
55: The first hole card is dealt face up to each player.
56: For this hand, players are not allowed to call. You must either raise or fold.

The 60’s – Messing with your stack and your hole cards
61: The smallest stack at the table gets 10BB from the bank.
62: The player with the most chips give 5BB's to the player with the least.
63: Everyone at the table gains 2BBs from the bank.
64: Players take a look at their hole cards then pass them one spot to the left.
65: Players take a look at their hole cards then pass one card one spot to the left.
66: After the flop is dealt and before the flop betting, players may put 2BB into the pot to receive another hole card, starting from the small blind.

Comments

• 1. "Quimby" Duane
    2. Andre
    3. Mitch
    4. Steve
    5. Mike
    6. Gerry
  • I was hoping to get a few more bodies to fill up my game a little. For those who haven’t been to my place and don’t know my layout is as follows:

Large basement (you can play with my 3 year olds kitchen set if you bust)
    3 octagon table tops with folding cushion chairs
    Copag cards
    Tournament Director software

Post or PM if you want in.

Duane
  • I would love to play but you are up against two other live tourneys this week and one next week. Plus it's Steak and BJ Day! Another time.
  • It's Steak and BJ day? HOLY FUCK!

I'm going out with a co-worker for her 25th b-day that night!! She's brining (i hope) hot friends with low standards (as I've instructed her to)... I am SO bringing steaks now..... haha.. I can see it now "Hey beautiful... I've done my part <wink>"

Mark