$110 home tourney Mar 15 Brampton

Winner goes to WSOP $1000 event of choice, hotel and airfare money included.

If we do not get enough players to pay 1st $2000 then we will break the prize pool down by 50/30/20%

**Edit**
(I now have 10 players confirmed for 1 full table. I need at least 4 more players otherwise I will keep it to 1 table of 10. It would suck to play 2 tables shorthanded with rebuys.)

-Sat. Mar. 15. My house in Brampton

-$110 rebuy tourney.
-Player must be out of chips to rebuy. $100 = 5000 chips.
- $50 add on available
- 16 players max
-7:30pm cocktails
-8pm Cards in the air

1st place is $2300 towards WSOP circuit event trip of choice, Indiana, Las Vegas or New Orleans. Running till May 2008
http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/sc...sopcircuit.asp

Or try your luck in one the larger tourneys before the main event in Vegas, June.

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/to...sp?groupID=411

Deals are allowed.

All players begin with $5000 in tournament chips. All levels will be 20 minutes.
$50 optional add on at the end of 1st break for 3000 chips

LEVEL /SMALL - BIG BLIND
1 $25 $50
2 $50 $100
3 $75 $150
4 $100 $200

End of rebuy/ Add on available / break 10 min.

5 $200 $400
6 $300 $600
7 $400 $800

8 $600 $1,200
9 $800 $1,600
10 $1,000 2,000

11 $1,200 $2,400
12 $1,500 $3,000
13 $2,000 $4,000

14 $3,000 $6,000
15 $4,000 $8,000
16 $6,000 $12,000

17 $8,000 $16,000
18 $12,000 $24,000
19 $16,000 $32,000

Comments

• I might be able to play, i will let you know later this week. thanks. I dont think you know me, but i know buddy(flondfish). let me know if its ok with u .
  • The_Game wrote: »
    I might be able to play, i will let you know later this week. thanks. I dont think you know me, but i know buddy(flondfish). let me know if its ok with u .

Sounds good to me.
    We now have a full table + 1 comfirmed.
  • I don't know who "flondfish" is, :) but as long as my WSOP league Day 1 championship finishes on time, I plan to be there by 8 PM on Saturday.
    The_Game wrote: »
    flondfish
  • sorry buddy (blondfish) your picture on forum and and you look very alike. hahaha. my mistake.

It looks like i will be there for this super great oppertunity to go las vegas. lol. Count me in.
  • I am in Bill. Should be a fun evening.
  • AK*1 wrote: »
    I am in Bill. Should be a fun evening.
    Yeah, I got your email and you are registered.

I fully expect we will get a few more straglers and we will end up with 16 players. I can just hope that they will be some of the fish that swim outside this forum otherwise this game may become tougher than I hoped for..

*Edit*
    We now have our two tables. PM me your emails BlondeFish & The_Game and I will keep you guys in the loop.
  • You still got room?
    Im interested.

Can u email me all the info... pupp3t@hotmail.com

thanks
  • Sorry Pupp but the game is now full. Probably for the best since you do not know what you would be getting yourself into. Lots of bad beats delivered by loose aggresive donkeys. ;)
    Since this is your first post I am guessing you do not know me or the players involved.
  • Man I gotta stop procrastinating and just commit already. lol
  • Hi This is Yama(the game)
    my email address is Sales@pvpvideo.ca

if im registered for saturday game please email me the info, and direction. thanks.
    Hi This is Yama(the game)
    my email address is Sales@pvpvideo.ca

if im registered for saturday game please email me the info, and direction. thanks.

You're in. I'll be sending out the email later Wednesday..
  • esool wrote: »
    I can just hope that they will be some of the fish that swim outside this forum otherwise this game may become tougher than I hoped for..
    Looking at the player list, it is probably the toughest two-table tournament ever from this forum. I was also hoping for a night of bad poker with bad players. :D
  • I just want to know if this is a single re-buy or unlimited re-buy during re-buy levels. thanks.
    I just want to know if this is a single re-buy or unlimited re-buy during re-buy levels. thanks.

Esool's standard format is that it is unlimited re-buys before the first break, but you must be broke to re-buy.
  • I know there is a waitting list, but somehow if you got another seat available let me know. i got another player who is interested. thanks.
  • Yer all goin down.
  • -Yes BlondeFish, a very tough field unfortunately. :(

-Unlimited rebuys for the first 4 levels.

-It doesn't look like we will cut through the waiting list but if we do I will let you know asap.

all_aces wrote: »
    Yer all goin down.

Ahh, lets not forget the one player at this game that has beat you heads up once before... :)
    Although with an unfair chip lead I will add..
  • esool wrote: »
    -Ahh, lets not forget the one player at this game that has beat you heads up once before... :)
    Although with an unfair chip lead I will add..

LOL I forgot about that Bill! That was Westside, I think... a good event to be sure.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
  • Do I smell a last longer bet? Perhaps a, # of players beat out ratio against beers consumed?? Or something like that..

We can discuss tomorrow.
  • It looks like its gona be a fun night, see you all at 7:45.

last man standing, or bounty , or blind all in. im up for it all. you guys make the call. later.
  • I just donkeyed out my $350,000+ chips :fish: so I'll be showing up in Brampton tonight. What kind of cash game might there be after so that I know if I should bring quarters (25¢/25¢) or $100 bills?
    as long as my WSOP league Day 1 championship finishes on time, I plan to be there by 8 PM on Saturday.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I just donkeyed out my $350,000+ chips :fish: so I'll be showing up in Brampton tonight. What kind of cash game might there be after so that I know if I should bring quarters (25¢/25¢) or $100 bills?

Leave the change in the ashtray. Bring cash baby.
  • all_aces wrote: »
    Yer all goin down.
    Yup.
    Congrats on winning the tourney and also to Hailey for taking 3rd. Very nice!

I was the first one eliminated and then continued to be the resident donkey in the cash game. I bled off a ridiculous amount of cash until the early hours of the morning proving once again that I cannot mix alcohol and cards.

Since I was not in the tourney long enough, I would be interested to hear the thoughts of others regarding the format, blinds etc. I may hold another game in the near future... As soon as I find my missing roll..
  • Thanks very much to esool for hosting a great night of poker. I have been to a lot of great home games of forumers, but I would rank esool and The_Game as the best, especially in terms of having a big prize pool and side games with high enough limits to make the trip worthwhiile even if you don't live in the same town. It's worth the drive to Brampton/Mississauga!

As for the WSOP satellite, I think almost half of the players were higher-limit sharks who have played in $1K-$10K tournaments. Three of the final five were forumers. Congratulations to all_aces for the win! His girlfriend and red-hot The_Game also won prizes.
  • First of all i would like to thank ESOOL for hosting a great night of poker. This was by far one of the taughest home games i played. Everyone was very friendly, it seem like most players knew each other, i felt very welcomed and comfeee in the mix. and yesss esool liquer and cards dont mix. I learned that the hard way...lol.

Congratssss to all winners they all earned it by going through very good players. peaceee.
  • If I knew there was a cash game, I would have dropped by. Sounds like it was a great time. Although it sounds like the sharks were in full force.
  • Thanks for the great event Bill! Nice to see some familiar forum faces, and to meet some new players as well.

A lot of talent in that room... I was basically a card rack from the final ten players on, so that explains that. Pretty sick week for me though... 6 MTT's played, 4 in the money finishes. :)

As for your structure, I think it might have been a little fast, but I gave it some thought afterwards. You have 16 players to get through, and you don't want the event to go all night. With those parameters in mind, the structure is fine. If you ever have a single-table event, though, I might slow it down just a bit. When we hit the final table, the average stack was probably 10XBB.

Congrats to Hayley for taking third place, and to Ang for his second place finish.
  • Thanks for the positive feedback guys, it was my pleasure!

I was surprised at how quickly the tourney ended, especially for me. ;)
    I think it was over at level 12 or 13. It helps when heads up only lasts one hand. AA vs AK will do that.

What do you guys think about this for adjusting the blinds.

-Delete the 75/150 level and add a 150/300.
    -Add a 500/1000
    -Make the add on 4 or 5000 chips.

Or keep it the way it was and make the blinds 30 minutes long.

LEVEL /SMALL - BIG BLIND
    1 $25 $50
    2 $50 $100
    3 $75 $150
    4 $100 $200

End of rebuy/ Add on available / break 10 min.

5 $200 $400
    6 $300 $600
    7 $400 $800

8 $600 $1,200
    9 $800 $1,600
    10 $1,000 2,000

11 $1,200 $2,400
    12 $1,500 $3,000
    13 $2,000 $4,000

14 $3,000 $6,000
    15 $4,000 $8,000
    16 $6,000 $12,000

17 $8,000 $16,000
    18 $12,000 $24,000
    19 $16,000 $32,000

All and all it was a good night with a great group of people with no problems.
  • Thanks for the game Bill, was fun.

What was it, a 5hr tourney? I think it was fine. Just add that 500/1000 in there. Or maybe make the addon 6000 chips or something.