Game 5 Player's List

Here's the players list for this week's game. I have the big red table back, so merge will be at 10players, just need to get the chip tray back before game time.

Allen still holds a nice lead, but there are a few players in position to threaten to take it away again. And BusDriver...where are you?

STR82ACE - Seat Reserved - 2008-02-29 16:11:19
hecktor - Seat Reserved - 2008-03-03 09:25:39
GarryC - Seat Reserved - 2008-03-03 15:15:44
SteveKerr - Seat Reserved - 2008-03-03 19:42:19
akline - Seat Reserved - email
Max - Seat Reserved - verbal
ACDC - Seat Reserved - 2008-03-04 08:54:44
MCflip73 - Seat Reserved - 2008-03-04 20:23:56
FishBoy - Seat Reserved - 2008-03-05 13:28:12
BigChrisEl - Seat Reserved - posting
ElElliott - Seat Reserved - posting

Comments

• Chris/El, you guys in?

Still no word on BusDriver either...seems his new job is keeping out of trouble.
  • Hi AJ,

Chances are I'm out for this evening. Sorry to bail. I'm under the weather a little. If things change, I will give you adequate notice that I will be there.

Derek
  • Thanks for the headsup Derek, hope you're feeling better.

Jim's out too.
  • Eleanor and I are in.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Thanks for the headsup Derek, hope you're feeling better.

Jim's out too.

Oh, and an fyi – I was in Brampton on Monday applying for a building permit. Figured I’d stop in at the court house to see about my parking ticket. Went to the ‘appeals’ desk. Showed a picture of my car on the road (which she didn’t really care about, but proved I was not guilty). She said, “2 options. 1) Opt for a trial. 2) I can reduce the ticket”. I opted for the latter, and it brought it down to $10 (oh happy day). If I wasn’t in the area, it wouldn’t have been even worth it to fight. I really had to swallow my pride not to get in a debate about principal – ie, “guilty if it costs you more to take time off from work”. I am a stubborn mule when it comes to this type of thing. As I know the woman at the desk is just a cog in the wheel of shit, I decided to politely say thanks and be on my way.

A word of warning – when anyone parks on the street, we should all try and park on the same side. This is the reason why a handful of us got ticketed. To be honest…. If I came home to my street and had to struggle to get by traffic, I would be pissed off to.
  • derksen wrote: »
    She said, “2 options. 1) Opt for a trial. 2) I can reduce the ticket”. I opted for the latter, and it brought it down to $10 (oh happy day).

That tells me right off that its nothing more than a money grab. They know most people aren't going to argue or fight, so they charge you the maximum knowing you would rather pay than to put up with the crap.

Because you took the effort to go in and appeal, rather than take something like this to court and tying up their time, they make it attractive to charge you the minimum and let you walk away smiling.

Nice Hand Derek, you stubborn bugger!!! ;)
  • I think that at the end of the day you are the bigger man Derek. You have made a good point about our parking habits, but on a "good" night it will be tough to squeeze all of those cars to one side. So, lets worry about that later... As far as the ticket goes, you sure know "when to hold'em and when to fold'em". I also would be willing to "split this pot" with the city...

See you all tonight,
    AC
  • UMMMMMMMMM, anyone seen or heard from TheBusDriver? No responses lately on email and haven't seen him out. Tried to call last week, too, but got no answer.
  • BigChris takes the game tonight! Heads up against yours truly, Chris has a MASSIVE chip lead to my measly 1400. I get Q8o in the sb, and push...Chris reluctantly calls and shows J4o...by the river, he had made Kings full of fours...good game Chris!! At one point, I was down to 200 in chips, blinds were I think 150/300...and I'm very happy to have made it as far as I did.

I took second place and Garry took down third, his first money finish in two or three seasons. New guy Aaron was bubble, and Chump tonight was Eleanor.

Great game all...see you in a week's time!!!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    BigChris takes the game tonight! Heads up against yours truly, Chris has a MASSIVE chip lead to my measly 1400. I get Q8o in the sb, and push...Chris reluctantly calls and shows J4o...by the river, he had made Kings full of fours...good game Chris!! At one point, I was down to 200 in chips, blinds were I think 150/300...and I'm very happy to have made it as far as I did.

I took second place and Garry took down third, his first money finish in two or three seasons. New guy Aaron was bubble, and Chump tonight was Eleanor.

Great game all...see you in a week's time!!!

I thought for sure the new guy, Aaron, had it in the bag but congrats to BigChris...., you're due big time! Played a great game tonite so deserving indeed! AJ, nice comeback as well from being short stacked - it's nice to know you made good use of the chips.

Hope nobody got a ticket - see y'all next week
  • I got very lucky a couple of times...waking up with QQ with only 200 in chips, and they held up against Aarron's AK...my 86o nailing a straight against your K10 (I seriously thought you were making a move in the sb, man, sorry)...I never really got any kind of hand all night, but when I did, I made the most of it. Surprised I went as deep as I did. TWO CHIP LOUIE STRIKES AGAIN!!!
  • Congrats Chris.

AJ, I noticed you forgot to post a picture of the winner. Thankfully, I have a copy...

luckbox.jpg
  • At work on Thursday during the middle of the day a magic box appeared on my desk. It was made of cardboard and had the words "LUCK" written on it.

I thought it was a gift from the Gods (or a smart ass co-worker), a magic box of LUCK.

I knew right away I would bring this magic LUCK box with me to the Ching Hill poker game.

When we arrive I showed off my magic LUCK box for all to admirer but also I could see some fear and I heard the whispers. “Chris has a LUCK box? How can we compete against a LUCK Box?”

Kris arrived and I saw that he had a hurt wrist. I decided to show him my LUCK box and passed it to him but when I tossed it to him he missed it and the box bounced in front of him and then off the table.

The game started and I was pretty card dead, I couldn’t figured out why the LUCK box was not working, but Kris was making trips left and right. I then realised that the box had emptied it contents onto Kris and he was using the power of the LUCK box.

I then passed around the box to other people to see if it worked for them but it wasn’t. Little did they know the box was charging back up and would soon be back to full power.

As the game got later I unleashed the power of the box. I used its power on Aaron with my A-Q against his 8’s, then Allen with my K-Q against his A-10. There was no stopping the ultimate power of the LUCK box.

When we were 3 hand the power of the box kept up when I busted Garry when he called my all-in with Queens.

“Silly Garry Queens are not good against the power of the LUCK box’s Aces”

Then it was heads up with AJ and my self. The blinds were traded back and forth for a bit but I was slowly pulling farther and farther ahead. AJ then pushed all-in for 1400 and I said “crap” as I had J-4 off, but then I saw the little box and called.

AJ showed Q-8 and it was no good against me and the LUCK box as I made a full house.

Good game guys and fear the LUCK box.
  • Good thing I at least took second place last night!!

Man, I could have used that Luck Box, Chris! (see my Off Topic post on protecting your PIN)

Good game Chris. Thanks for doing MOST of the work allowing me to take down second place.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    At work on Thursday during the middle of the day a magic box appeared on my desk. It was made of cardboard and had the words "LUCK" written on it.

I thought it was a gift from the Gods (or a smart ass co-worker), a magic box of LUCK.

I knew right away I would bring this magic LUCK box with me to the Ching Hill poker game.

When we arrive I showed off my magic LUCK box for all to admirer but also I could see some fear and I heard the whispers. “Chris has a LUCK box? How can we compete against a LUCK Box?”

Kris arrived and I saw that he had a hurt wrist. I decided to show him my LUCK box and passed it to him but when I tossed it to him he missed it and the box bounced in front of him and then off the table.

The game started and I was pretty card dead, I couldn’t figured out why the LUCK box was not working, but Kris was making trips left and right. I then realised that the box had emptied it contents onto Kris and he was using the power of the LUCK box.

I then passed around the box to other people to see if it worked for them but it wasn’t. Little did they know the box was charging back up and would soon be back to full power.

As the game got later I unleashed the power of the box. I used its power on Aaron with my A-Q against his 8’s, then Allen with my K-Q against his A-10. There was no stopping the ultimate power of the LUCK box.

When we were 3 hand the power of the box kept up when I busted Garry when he called my all-in with Queens.

“Silly Garry Queens are not good against the power of the LUCK box’s Aces”

Then it was heads up with AJ and my self. The blinds were traded back and forth for a bit but I was slowly pulling farther and farther ahead. AJ then pushed all-in for 1400 and I said “crap” as I had J-4 off, but then I saw the little box and called.

AJ showed Q-8 and it was no good against me and the LUCK box as I made a full house.

Good game guys and fear the LUCK box.

So it's not Chris' poker skillset we should be afraid of! It's that little dinky doo "luck ornament" that did it!

That's it! For next week's game, I'm countering that with my five piece furniture set..., I got the so called "luck" chest, cabinet, dresser and two night tables!

Just have to figure out how to bring and deliver all of that shit it to the game that's all! Nahhh, too much of a hassle, can I borrow yours instead?!?!

Good game indeed and nice pix El!!!
  • MCflip73 wrote: »
    So it's not Chris' poker skillset we should be afraid of! It's that little dinky doo "luck ornament" that did it!

That's it! For next week's game, I'm countering that with my five piece furniture set..., I got the so called "luck" chest, cabinet, dresser and two night tables!

Just have to figure out how to bring and deliver all of that shit it to the game that's all! Nahhh, too much of a hassle, can I borrow yours instead?!?!

Good game indeed and nice pix El!!!

Come on Mike....you should have seen from last night’s game that I have no skill....pure LUCK box.

BTW the LUCK box streak continues, this morning I won a donut from my Roll up the Rim
  • Congrats Chris. Wish I could have been there to steal the win.... um, I mean... watch you win.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    Come on Mike....you should have seen from last night’s game that I have no skill....pure LUCK box.

BTW the LUCK box streak continues, this morning I won a donut from my Roll up the Rim

like homer said..., douhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Why you little........!!!!!!! {insert your neck here}
  • Congrats Chris... Great game everyone and a great come back AJ...

I propose the following: for the game next week lets have the LUCK box traveling around the table along with the dealer button...

AC
  • Whats with the luckbox? I'm gonna bring something better, but not this week cuz I can't make it...is your yellow primrose inside that box Chris?