Season 7 SET Game Results!!!

Great game everyone!! Here are the results

1st MICHEAL $645
2nd Darryl $425
3rd Steve $310
4th AJ $150
5th Justin $105 (agreed chop)

Allan also made a league first... The League's First EVER 2 hole card Royal Flush!!!

Comments

• Congrats Michael!

5-way chop? Interesting.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Great game everyone!! Here are the results

1st MICHEAL $645
    2nd Darryl $425
    3rd Steve $310
    4th AJ $150
    5th Justin $105 (agreed chop)

WTF? Split for paying 5 places in a 13 player game. Seriously WTF????

That is stupid just over %50 of the players out and then split the money. LAME
  • When we got to five handed, I was the short stacked, and literally begged for a chopped...not really expecting it though. At first there was no agreement, but after a few more hands, it was brought up again, and decided on. Yes, it was probably NOT the greatest time for a chop, but I was still short stacked and, and all other players agreed to it at the time.

Only a luck rush of cards allowed me to move up a spot after that.
  • At the time of the chop we were all ~10-13BB stacks, with the exception of AJ, which to me = Bingo.

I was willing to skim off the top to make sure a 2-hand variance didnt have me going home with nada.

If we were deeper, obviously a chop makes no sense.
  • no Greg in the money?? Congrats on the winnings! Hope to make it out to qualify for Season 8 SET game.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    At the time of the chop we were all ~10-13BB stacks, with the exception of AJ, which to me = Bingo.

I was willing to skim off the top to make sure a 2-hand variance didnt have me going home with nada.

If we were deeper, obviously a chop makes no sense.

13 player with approx. 1300 chips each equal 17000 chips in play. Avg. Stack is about 3500. I busted 7th when the blinds were 100-200. Next level was 150-300. Max had less then 1000 chips when I busted. So how could 5 people float to through the 150-300 level to the 200-400 level (which is now 40 Minutes after I busted) and all be short stacked?

4 player chop I can see (maybe) but 5 is sad when there was only 13 players in the game.
  • I believe the chop was agreed to with about 2 minutes left at 150-300.
  • Holy crap.... sounds like I chop deal I would have brokered with 200 in chips left! Wish I could have been there. Health was more important at the moment (I know this is debatable;)
  • So is it true the clock was stopped by AJ and he was asking for a chop with only 1000 chips and it wasn't restarted until the chop was decided?
  • I'm pretty sure that's how it went down.

Justin states he thinks he can make the numbers work.
    Clock is stopped.
    Math stuff is figured out.
    Clock is started.

I think Justin went out either the first or second hand at 200-400.

AJ goes on a 3 hand heater and is close to the chip lead.

Lots O' push folding.

I bust AJ with flopped set of 8's vs. his AJ.

Steve busts when he gets hero called by K6 (or 4).

Michael busts me at 400-800 with TP when I push BP.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    So is it true the clock was stopped by AJ and he was asking for a chop with only 1000 chips and it wasn't restarted until the chop was decided?

No, the clock was not stopped when I mentioned the chop at first. We continued playing a few more hands and then someone mentioned that the math might work. We all agreed to stop the clock to do the math. Only after agreement was made by all the big stacks, was the game continued.
  • Congrats everyone. I look forward to playing a few games this year as I hope my work schedule slows down. It won't be weekly but I"m hoping for at least 5 showings this season.
  • Congrats to all the money winners. As for the chopping with 5 players left. I think that is a brilliant move by the short stacks.
  • I do recall when we got down to five, AJ proposed a five way chop but nobody responded at first. I do remember Justin working on the numbers while play continues.

Play continued for quite sometime..., I believe the only time the clock was stopped is when Justin gave the final breakdown and it was agreed by the remaining five then. Even though I know I had a pretty healthy chip stack going into the final five, I didn't think it was a problem to chop as long as everyone agreed.

I was happy regardless of the results.