Final Team Stats

2»

Comments

• BBC Z wrote: »
    Please don't, it's just a discussion.

Yeah nothing personal.

I was just agreeing that the points for HU seem a little high and other think it is low.

If anything I rather they stay the same then change because the change I perceive would only be a few points +/- here or there.
  • Isn't this forum full of like students and math geeks? Where's my damn proof already? It's gotta be when you apply this strucuture to a bell curve distribution..
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    Yeah nothing personal.

I was just agreeing that the points for HU seem a little high and other think it is low.

If anything I rather they stay the same then change because the change I perceive would only be a few points +/- here or there.

I'll throw my 2 cents in here for some discussion and not a knock at the current system.

I looked at how the IPR rankings work and modified the formula a bit. The IPR formula generates more points for a position based on the number of entries. This is not a factor in our case, but I felt the formula could be modified to allow for a higher weigh for the S&G portion of RC.

Based on the 7 teams and my modified formula of
    (5*((players per table/2))/(position^1.1)) we would end up with a points spread of 18/8/5/4/3/2/2.

Using the new scoring against the top 20 (with HU staying at 10), created some significant changes in position (e.g moose moved from 15th to 4th).

I am actually going to propose this for the next PSO league Moose.

Old New
    Rank Rank Player Team
    3 1 Mark P Guelph
    1 2 Derek Ching
    2 3 Sandy Fish
    15 4 Moose Waterloo
    6 5 Dead Money Kitchener
    9 6 Jen Guelph
    11 7 JHJ Ching
    5 8 Mike Guelph
    12 9 Tyson HBK
    13 10 Mark Milton
    16 11 Mandy Kitchener
    8 12 Gary Ching
    4 13 Terra Fish
    10 14 Wes Waterloo
    7 15 Bob Milton
    14 16 Jeff Ching
    19 17 BBC Kitchener
    20 18 Jeremy Guelph
    18 19 Will Waterloo
    17 20 Greg (g2) Milton
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Isn't this forum full of like students and math geeks? Where's my damn proof already? It's gotta be when you apply this strucuture to a bell curve distribution..

Ahh I already worked it out. Do we need to work on our reading comprehension as well?
  • I think it should be open bar.