RoyalCup4 Goodies

pokerJAH wrote: »
I was going to make a suggestion that any new players from this forum should signup from an existing 1deal member and maybe the affiliate payments could be used towards getting trophies for the Ryder Cup. Also, if this person wins the top affiliate for the month (which is very likely), their prize could be donated to the MVP of the Ryder Cup. What do you think? There are a lot of members of 1deal from this forum (AcidJoe, Voodoo, PokerJAH, etc.) so far and no one has benefited from us completing challenges and deals as Matty introduced us to this site. Going forward, why not take the proceeds from the affiliate program and give it back to the Pokerforum.ca community. I think you get $20-$30 US for each person that completes a challenge so it wouldn't be that difficult to earn enough to pay for the trophies, etc.

I setup an affiliate code RoyalCup4 if anyone is interested. This will be used as stated above. Great idea pokerJah. I will report the players, money received and expeditures at the Royal Cup for anyone interested. Also PM me if/when you setup through 1deal and I can use this to cross reference with the 1deal site.

Comments

• These were the top three prizes for the top affiliate for the month; the only issue might be whether the top affiliate for Sept will be known by Sept. 29th. Not unless Matty can confirm that Pokerdro is clearly in the top three before the end of the month.

1st Place: Home entertainment System The Sony KDL-40V2500 1080p 40" Widescreen LCD TV: offers a beautiful full high-definition resolution picture in an elegant, flat-panel design. The BRAVIA EngineFull Digital Video Processor integrates contrast and colour enhancers with digital noise filters for the extremely clear and detailed picture. Stylish and powerful, your home theatre will never be the same

2nd Place: Blackberry Curve You love to be where the action is. So does the BlackBerry Curve 8300 smartphone. At the hottest new club, a friend's place or work - your messages find you so you stay connected to everything that matters.

3rd Place: Nintendo Wii The Wii is Nintendo's fifth console and successor to the Nintendo Gamecube. It is part of the seventh generation of home consoles which includes the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
  • I'm all for free trophies... but if big prizes get involved this event may lose it's friendly home game feeling. My $0.02.

/g2
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    These were the top three prizes for the top affiliate for the month; the only issue might be whether the top affiliate for Sept will be known by Sept. 29th. Not unless Matty can confirm that Pokerdro is clearly in the top three before the end of the month.

1st Place: Home entertainment System The Sony KDL-40V2500 1080p 40" Widescreen LCD TV: offers a beautiful full high-definition resolution picture in an elegant, flat-panel design. The BRAVIA EngineFull Digital Video Processor integrates contrast and colour enhancers with digital noise filters for the extremely clear and detailed picture. Stylish and powerful, your home theatre will never be the same

2nd Place: Blackberry Curve You love to be where the action is. So does the BlackBerry Curve 8300 smartphone. At the hottest new club, a friend's place or work - your messages find you so you stay connected to everything that matters.

3rd Place: Nintendo Wii The Wii is Nintendo's fifth console and successor to the Nintendo Gamecube. It is part of the seventh generation of home consoles which includes the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

Any prizes that would be collected through the program will be used in current and upcoming Royal Cups.
  • g2 wrote: »
    I'm all for free trophies... but if big prizes get involved this event may lose it's friendly home game feeling. My $0.02.

/g2

I agree and possibly we sell of any Big ticket items for cash and use them for further prizes or add to the prize pool. I think the regular Captains can discuss it with their teams and we can come up with a way to allocate the money to future current and future Royal Cups
  • For big prizes, have a draw from winning team members. Or, what the hell, draw a random name from all who attend - that'll fill the teams up.
  • For big prizes, have a draw from winning team members. Or, what the hell, draw a random name from all who attend - that'll fill the teams up.
    I like this suggestion, at least for big, donated prizes. Let's keep the prize money allocations as is, ie to 1st, 2nd and 3rd. If we start playing for too large a purse we're just opening ourselves up to all kinds of pitfalls.