Moose WSOP Simulation Tourney Aug.18 Cambridge

Ok this is the gist of my next tourney. There have been many tournies based on WSOP blinds and starting stacks at the beginning of the WSOP, but there is no way to generate the feel of 6000+ entries.

However Ranger's last tourney gave me the idea to try and simulate as closely as possible the final 3 tables of the 2007 WSOP. I looked at the average chip stack with 27 players and what level they were at with 27 players left (lvl 26 and 4.7 million chips). So to create a little more play I bumped it to 5 million chips and backed up to lvl 23.

So $50 gets you $5,000,000 in chips, 25 min blinds, WSOP blind schedule, starting at lvl 23 (20,000/40,000/5,000 M=48 ) and following the final levels of the 2007 WSOP exactly. This time if the Canadian gets taken out by a runner, runner straight, it's ok because a Canadian will still win. :D

RAKE FREE event.

Doors will open at 11:30 am. Cards will be in the air at 12 noon. Expect an 10-11 hour day, with a 45 min. dinner break built-in. BYOB, BYOS, BYOM for the BBQ. I have A/C.

It's the WSOP so there will lots of chips in play, but to keep my mind off chip building I am deviating slightly from the WSOP and putting $500,000 and $1,000,000 chips in play.

Reserves:
1. Moose
2. MM
3. Prophet
4. g2
5. Rockwood
6. John
7. Fallen Angel Gow
8. Folded
9. Jamal
10. Aiki65 Don
11. Shopsy
12. AcidJoe
13. Aimee
14. Blazin 72
15. SpecialK
16. Acetrumper1 Don
17. ALL STAR
18. Zithal
19. waltsfriend
20. Tyson
21. Richard
22. Kristy
23. DataMn Al

Comments

• I am in

Prophet :2h :2s
  • Me too please

/g2
  • Add me plus 2 please
  • I am also in

Al
  • I will take a seat please

Thanks
  • I'm in as well.
  • sign me up
  • It can now be official put da hoe and me in......
  • Moose I am going to try and make it out for the 18th I will let you know if something comes up, but I would like a seat just in case.

Cameron
  • Just as an idea.. What about if you took the top 27 ppl in the WSOP, keep the starting stack sizes the same as the actual event (assuming they're reasonable) and figure out some pay sked that evens things out.
  • What do you mean? Find out exactly how many chips Scotty Nguyen had et al at 27 ppl left and give everyone odds based on what person's stack they get?

btw if the tourney doesn't fill, the chips get adjusted up to match the ave. chip stack for however many we get and we play on from there.
  • yeah, like a kind of re-simulation.. I didnt give the idea due dilligance if it could ever work.. but it'd be interesting to see if you could do better than the RL guy..
  • sign me up.
  • would be great to have you
  • Please add me to the list. This time I'll be able to play,

Thanks

Don
  • Hey...lets try this again......Can you sign up me and one more person..Thanks :) Good Job Lastnight :) See you guys soon...
  • Rockwood + 2 if there is still room
    Guarenteed to be there
  • Please take me and my guests off the list, thanks
  • Sign me up please.
  • Anyone vouch for Rockwood?
  • what do u need? a copy of my driver's licence ...SIN Number?...lol...my buddies and I want to play...let me know soon.
  • Rockwood wrote: »
    what do u need? a copy of my driver's licence ...SIN Number?...lol...my buddies and I want to play...let me know soon.

He is looking for, who do you know here on the forum, have you played in any of the events around the area etc.

Do I know you? Did you run the game at the bar in Rockwood? Or are you that guy that had the tournament with the fight in the driveway?
  • Hey brent I attended your west side poker tourney at polish hall a few months back.

I also played on a sametable as you at a bar in Guelph. You were talking to someone about a boat that you lost money on. I think it was a poker cruise, you had organized but the #'s were smaller then projected and you lost money on the deal.

We also played at the side games together therafter. You ended up wininning the second 20 dollar game, and I finished fourth.

You might know me when you see me.

Hope this helps.

ROCKWOOD

ps. I would really like to join this event
  • Ok Rockwood, I'll let you in. But until I meet you and get to know you, you can't bring your friends. Sorry.
  • Thanks moose, is it possible to bring 1 friend then? He eat, sleeps, poker ...and loves your format.
  • I take it this is still on Moose? Just trying to schedule my 2 weeks of poker Hell LOL.
  • Yep. If we have two tables, then we will simulate the final 2 tables, move up the chips and advance the blinds to that point. The less people, the longer I can make the blinds so it is all good.
  • I was hoping to get out for this Moose, sounds fun, but I think my wife is heading out of town next weekend!

Good luck to all!
  • Hey Moose,

Gow from Bristol. Myself and Jamal will take a seat.

Thanks.
  • any room for a donk like me?