Game 5 Player's List

This should prove to be a VERY exciting game!!

Kris AC/DC has a small but growing lead on BigChrisEl for the lead this season in both points and money. You just KNOW BigChris wants to make some ground.

And with TheBusDriver's win this weekend at Westside, you just have to believe he will be coming at us with a deep rooted vengance. Congrats Jeff, well done on the weekend!!!

Also, I have had a few emails from other league players from Orangeville and Georgetown that have expressed an interest in checking out our game. Hopefully they can make it out for a game or two, and maybe introduce THEIR leagues/tournaments to our group.

Here's the Player's List as of NOW! If you want to play, either email me or post here and I'll add you the list.

STR82ACE - Seat Reserved - 2007-07-13 13:18:58
EElliott - Seat Reserved - 2007-07-13 13:26:28
BigChrisEl - Seat Reserved - 2007-07-13 13:27:47
GarryC - Seat Reserved - 2007-07-13 15:11:33
JHJ - Seat Reserved - 2007-07-13 15:34:41
SteveKerr - Seat Reserved - 2007-07-14 09:29:01
Max - Seat Reserved - verbal
Highflyer - Seat Reserved - 2007-07-16 17:36:11
ACDC - Seat Reserved - 2007-07-17 06:05:57
AcidJoe - Seat Reserved - post
AcidJo'sHoe -Seat Reserved - post
PokerPigHost - Seat Reserved - email
PPHWifey - Seat Reserved - email

Comments

• Put Aimee and I down, we need a warm up for Moose's Big stack tourney.
  • You're both IN Joe...be good to see you guys again.
  • It’s not a Rockstar’s life

Some of you look at me, and think. Man, I wish, I could be sponsored player like TheBusDriver. Well, I’m here to tell you, it’s not a Rockstar’s life. Ok, so there is some drugs, ya and women, swank hotels, and I play everywhere for free. But before you young guns go running up to sign papers with these so called sponsors, read the fine print. They own me. My showing at West side was an unauthorized event. I figured I went on my own time, used my own money, so what’s the big deal?

Well, I breached a term in the contract. So, I’m thinking fine, I breached the contract, so I’m out, good rid en’s overbearing controlling life sucking bastards. There’s lots of other sponsors who’d pick me up in a heartbeat. <cue the lawyers>

Apparently, intentional breaching your contract doesn’t get you out of your contract. So what happened next? I get fined half my West Side winnings, and put on indefinite suspension.

Long story, short, I’m out for this Thursday.
  • I think busdriver got pwned........

and AJ the only reason I'm coming to play to see Amanda's smiling face :) I hope your assumption is correct .... LOL
  • It’s not a Rockstar’s life

Some of you look at me, and think. Man, I wish, I could be sponsored player like TheBusDriver. Well, I’m here to tell you, it’s not a Rockstar’s life. Ok, so there is some drugs, ya and women, swank hotels, and I play everywhere for free. But before you young guns go running up to sign papers with these so called sponsors, read the fine print. They own me. My showing at West side was an unauthorized event. I figured I went on my own time, used my own money, so what’s the big deal?

Well, I breached a term in the contract. So, I’m thinking fine, I breached the contract, so I’m out, good rid en’s overbearing controlling life sucking bastards. There’s lots of other sponsors who’d pick me up in a heartbeat. <cue the lawyers>

Apparently, intentional breaching your contract doesn’t get you out of your contract. So what happened next? I get fined half my West Side winnings, and put on indefinite suspension.

Long story, short, I’m out for this Thursday.

That has got to be the MOST SINCERE 'can't play' post I have EVER read!

You have one tough sponsor there Jeff. I mean, having to fork over half your winnings from a tournament that WASN'T sponsored?? HARSH! But I'm sure the alternative would have been even worse, huh? Hope you can make it out again soon bud!!

Joe, I haven't definitely heard from Amanda yet, but if Dan's coming out, its usually a +EV bet she will too...but I have been wrong before.

Some new faces coming out this week as well. PokerPig is the host of a league in Orangeville...he and his wife are going to check out The Hill and maybe fill in some details on their own league setup.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    I think busdriver got pwned........

and AJ the only reason I'm coming to play to see Amanda's smiling face :) I hope your assumption is correct .... LOL

Sorry Joe.... but Amanda won't be there Thursday lol. It will just be my smiling face when I take the game down ;)
  • OK AJ I"m out now..... Dammit.... I guess I"ll have to knock that smile off Highflyer's face..... OK I"m back in...... I'm not sponsored anyways.... :)
  • Hopefully, the golf tournament I'm in today won't run too long and I'll be on time for the time myself. If I am late, blind me in until I get there.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Hopefully, the golf tournament I'm in today won't run too long and I'll be on time for the time myself. If I am late, blind me in until I get there.

Who the hell are you kidding? It's pissing down rain your not golfing dude. I hope your just drunk enough to play newfie poker.....
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    Who the hell are you kidding? It's pissing down rain your not golfing dude. I hope your just drunk enough to play newfie poker.....

Believe it or not, even with the pisspouringdown rain, my customer's tournament is still a GO...this should be fun...I have NEVER golfed in my life!!! My foursome is all serious lady players too, and they tell me I can use their tee...just not sure if that is supposed to be a joke or not :(

Chances are pretty good I'll be having a few wobblely pops during the game too, so good old fashion Newfie Poker is definitely a possibility tonight, so watch you don't raise blind Joe...cause I'm calling with any two.
  • Yo - who won this bad boy?
  • Sorry, it was very late, and I could barely see last night, so I will post soon.

Lets just say it was a brutal headsup match, very well played, and both players played exceptionally good poker.
  • Lets just say it was a brutal headsup match, very well played, and both players played exceptionally good poker.

You Tease!
  • From that description, I would have to say it was Justin and Kris heads up with Justin putting a brutal beat on Kris to win :)
  • I'm sorry Garry but I had the displeasure of being the bubble boy last night... I would say it was Justin and Amie doing the bitter fighting. Justin, did you win the game????

AC
  • so once again a newcomer made money
  • It was me and Curtis heads up. Lets just put it this way. Me and Kris are now tied for season leader in points!
  • Actually, Justin, you're ahead by less than a full point!