Justin Redeems Himself!

After Chumping out for the first time in six seasons last game, JUSTIN takes down Game 3 tonight in a somewhat hilarious fashion.

S6G3CHAMP.jpg

Justin at one time was less the three big blinds, when he finally started to catch some cards and quickly doubled up a couple of times. After taking Kris ACDC out, he was headsup against Max. Aggressive play was backfiring preflop, when Justin's AQs went up against Max's KK, only to catch AQ on the board. After that double up for Justin, he took over the chiplead, and when he pushed his A10 against Max's A6 (i think?), his hand held up to take the game. Seriously, the play was so funny to watch at times, and Justin's patented instant grab for the pot was absolutely hilarious to watch. Great game Justin, very nice come from behind to take it down.

Max takes second and Kris takes third place, which should put him on top of the leader board for the very first time. I'll update the board over the weekend to be sure though.

Derek, tough way to lose a game. After your push, knowing how short stacked I was, I had to push to defend. And Garry...what can I say...that last hand was probably the most brutal, most frustrating, most nerve wrecking hand I've seen since the league started. Garry's AQ allin against Kris's KK. Garry flops AQ on the flop. Kris hits his set on the turn. River comes up Queen, given Garry Queens over Aces, but Kris King over Aces.

Thanks everyone for coming out. Hope to see you all next week.

Comments

• It looks like Justin pulled a Derek...chump to champ.

Congrats to all the final 3, you were all short stacked at one point or another and doubled up off of each other.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    It looks like Justin pulled a Derek...chump to champ.

Congrats to all the final 3, you were all short stacked at one point or another and doubled up off of each other.

Damn straight buddy... I'm coming back with a vengance next week and pulling a Derek!

Congrats Justin. I thought you had the game after I dumped 7/8 of my stack to you on that hand you should have folded pre-flop! A7 off to a 4x raise 10 handed.... WTF?
  • LOST AND FOUND!!!

One pair of VERY nice, expensive looking Poker Sunglasses! Didn't help the originally owner too much though.
  • Congrats Justin - you played a great game last night.

I was very impressed with those two calls you made early on.
  • Last nights results have been tabulated...and there's a NEW POINTS & MONEY LEADER!!

Check out the sticky post for weekly updates. Congratulations ACDC!!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    LOST AND FOUND!!!

One pair of VERY nice, expensive looking Poker Sunglasses! Didn't help the originally owner too much though.

Hey, those poker sunglasses won me $40, and the only cost $10, so they are paying for themselves. I'll pick them up next week.

Oh, and good game Justin, Max, and ACDC. I would say good game to the rest of you, but really, if you don't make the money, you suck. (says the bubble boy)