"Poker 'N More" @ Bristol Street - Sunday, July 1st @2pm

It's been a little crazy hot in Waterloo recently, but it looks like things are going to settle down nicely for the upcoming holiday weekend.

I have a bit of a tradition of opening my place on the Sunday of the Canada Day weekend for an afternoon / evening of game playing. This year, it includes; board games, poker, bocce ball, and Wii/guitar hero playing, along with beer drinking and BBQ eating. (People are also welcome to come play their heads-up matches, if desired)

If you've only been playing poker, this is a nice chance to come out and try something a little different. Poker will be low limit to cater to the casual crowd but I encourage everyone to give German board games a try.

I'll have the garage open and a tent in the backyard, with tables set up for both board games and poker. The front yard will be open for bocce ball, while indoors will have the Wii running. (Also, with more and more DS's popping up all over the place, feel free to bring yours for some wireless multiplayer geek-goodness.)

The BBQ will be fired up for dinner, so please BYOM! (I'll likely pick up a box of burgers in case people forget.)

I think I'm also going to break out some beer I've been cellaring for the past while, so join me in some tastings. The rough schedule of events are...

1pm : Set-up - Just letting you know I'll be home in case you want to help put up a tent... or just show up and have a beer.
2pm : Doors open! Games are played!
6pmish : BBQ is fired up and dinner is charred.
??pm : Games continue into the night. As the light outside dims, we'll move indoors to continue games. Feel free to head out to watch fireworks, then come back for more fun. Games will continue as long as we have willing participants.

We got crash space, (we can also set up a tent in the backyard if you feel like pseudo-camping) so if you plan on staying let me know so that I can call your car in.

If you find yourself in town over this holiday weekend, come on over and enjoy a relaxing day filled with fun.

I'm not going to keep a "who's coming" list, but feel free to respond and let me know if you're showing up.

Comments

• Nice!! I might be in!!
    Cheers!
  • hi just wondering if kris and I need to pre register to play and also hoping you could remind us of directions to your place.

tks sean
  • Thanks for having us Rob, had a great time!
  • hi just wondering if kris and I need to pre register to play and also hoping you could remind us of directions to your place.

tks sean

Sorry! Didn't see this til today. :(

BTW. I have a seperate list that I use for regular games days, so if you'd like to be added, please send me a PM and I'll add you to it. I try to put together a board games day day a couple times a year.