WSOP Final Table Viewing Party & Poker

124»

Comments

• I will be latye, please blind me in. Also, please pm me the directions to get to your place Mike.

Thanks
  • PM sent

Moose's picks
    1. Hilm
    2. Kalmar
    3. Lam
    4. Watkinson
    5. Yang
    6. Rahme
    7. Childs
    8. Khan
    9. Kravchenko
  • Great game Mike. Thanks for hosting. Sorry to everyone I sucked out on. I probably could just say sorry to everyone ;)

/g2
  • Greg and I want to know want the rest of you were doing, because we show up 1.5 hours late and finish top 2. I think my suckouts were worse.

btw this must be my lucky day because I get home to find out that I won this:
    http://www.highhanddesigns.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=303
    303_large5.jpg
    and this:

http://www.highhanddesigns.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=40
    40_large5.jpg
    and this:

http://www.highhanddesigns.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=35
    35_large5.jpg
    SWEET!!!!!!

and I finally heard back from our mini card group buy with an unbelievable deal:
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?p=121314#post121314
  • TOURNAMENT SUMMARY

Thanks to everyone who attended. It was a very fun night, playing with large numbers of strange-denomination chips :-) We especially appreciated moose's creative chip stacking techniques.

On the WSOP front we had 4 people (Ranger, waltsfriend, Westside8, and peteski) who made it all the way to 6:50am to watch the final hand of the WSOP!

In our slightly smaller-buy-in tournament, the final table formed at 9 players around 11:30pm. We did not do chip counts as there were so many chips on the table (this was a "big stack" event with 2,000,000 starting chips).

9th Place : Ranger (Mike)

With blinds at 80,000-160,000, moose made a middle-position raise to 600,000. Ranger pushed all-in from the big blind with about 2,000,000 more chips, and moose made the call. Ranger's QcTc was behind the A9o of moose, and the KAA flop gave moose trips but Ranger a straight draw. A 9 on the turn gave moose the full house to knock out Ranger.

8th Place : beanie42 (Trevor)

beanie42 raised to 750,000 from the button and stpboy pushed all-in from the small blind for about 1,300,000 and was called by beanie42 who had a slightly smaller stack. beanie42 had KhQh and stpboy had Ac3c for a fairly close race. The 89A flop gave stpboy top pair, and the K5 turn-river sealed beanie42's fate as he went out in 8th.

7th Place : DataMn (Al)

peteski raised to 600,000 from middle position and moose made it 1.5 million from the cut-off. DataMn pushed all-in from the small blind, peteski folded and moose called. DataMn was in trouble with A2o against moose's AJo. The 992JA created some serious drama but the best pre-flop hand held-up in the end and DataMn walked away in 7th.

6th Place : 2BULLETS (Jeremy)

2BULLETS raised the minimum from the SB and g2 (Greg) called. The flop came QKA with 2 diamonds. 2BULLETS pushed with 2d9d and was called as g2 had AJo. No diamonds came to save Jeremy on the turn or river and 2BULLETS was out in 6th.

5th Place (MONEY BUBBLE) : stpboy (Shannon)

With his stack fairly small, stpboy pushed for about 2.1 mil over g2's 1.3 million raise and g2 made the call. stpboy held 66 vs g2's J9, so the race was on. The AKT flop brought some outs for g2, the turn was another ace, and the river J knocked stpboy out on the bubble with the smaller 2 pair.

4th Place ($51) : westside8 (Wes)

One of 3 late arrivals in the money, westside8 lost a battle of the blinds against moose. Wes held A9 and moose had Q9. The 256TQ board brought a river queen for moose's dominated hand, and westside8 took 4th position.

3rd Place ($76) : peteski (Pete)

peteski raised to 1M from the button with JJ. g2 called with 98. The flop of 384 gave g2 top pair and all the money went in with g2 needing help, which arrived on the turn in the form of a 9 for 2 pair. The river 8 gave g2 the unnecessarily cruel full house and we were down to heads-up poker between 2 players who arrived late: moose and g2.

2nd Place ($127) : moose (Rob)

After a fairly short heads-up battle (20-25 minutes perhaps?) moose limped into a pot from the button with JQ. A Q45 brought top pair for moose and they both checked. The 2 on the turn gave g2 the straight and all the money went in the middle with moose holding top pair but drawing dead.

1st Place ($256) : g2 (Greg)

I think the action ended around 3:00am, although I was pretty tired so I'm not totally sure!!!