WSOP Final Table Viewing Party & Poker

As I did last year, I'm going to host a party on Tuesday July 17th which is the date of the final table of the WSOP main event. I will have the final table broadcast on various TVs, and we'll run some SnGs or a tournament, depending on attendance and interest. Cash games may develop later in the evening if people choose to start them. People will also be welcome to just watch the poker on TV or play some video games, pool, etc.

Date : Tuesday July 17th
Time : starting around 7:00pm, going until the final table ends (likely 5-7am) or whenever people choose to leave...

BYOB, BYOS, BYOWii
People are welcome to order pizza or bring in other food to eat.

Reply to this thread or send me a PM if you are planning to attend. I'll send out directions the week of July 9th.

UPDATE: Tournament details are now posted:
http://www.pokerforumcanada.com/showpost.php?p=119940&postcount=34

Comments

• Attendee list:

1. Ranger (Mike)
    2. g2 (Greg)*
    3. moose (Rob)*
    4. mrs. moose*
    5. Zithal (Rob)
    6. Itsame (Mario)
    7. The Prophet 22 (Brent) *
    8. westside8 (Wes)
    9. DataMn Al
    10. waltsfriend (Sandy)
    11. beanie42 (Trevor)
    12. stpboy (Shannon)
    13. haddon (Josh)
    14. Kristy_Sea (Kristy)
    15. SpecialK (Kyle)
    16. peteski
    17. 2BULLETS (Jeremy)
    18. joeheartsdi*

* Confirmed latecomers : post and fold until they arrive

Waiting List for tournament:
    1. ryanghall Ryan

Other attendees
    (not in tourney or just coming to watch the WSOP, etc.)
  • I've got night class Tuesdays.... but I'd love to join the fun around 10pm. Cool?

/g2
  • me too. same thing.
  • You've got night class Tuesdays moose? What class are you taking?

/g2
  • I'm in!

and

I'm in!

Hope I can post now.
  • I teach Applied Mechanics on Tues/Thurs 8 hours a week. See we have high standards. Enables our college students, on a $5000 budget kick the ass of some crappy little University in events like SAE MiniBaja.

http://cobra-2007.blogspot.com/
  • Add me to the list Mike.
  • Cool.

/g2
  • Given that we started with 25K at g2's Deep stack tournament. Why not advertize it as a 20K Deep Stack and go this years WSOP blind schedule and take the first 16 players. It will end close to when the finals should end. It should be a lot of fun.

I would play

Prophet :2h :2s
  • Given that we started with 25K at g2's Deep stack tournament. Why not advertize it as a 20K Deep Stack and go this years WSOP blind schedule and take the first 16 players. It will end close to when the finals should end. It should be a lot of fun.

I would play

I'd play too, so long as Cory shows up and says "I can't play that long...I'm all in"....:)

Seriously, I'll play anyways.
  • I'd be interested in a super deepstack that lasts as long as the WSOP final table*.

/g2

* disclaimer: assuming nothing important comes up for the following day
  • Of course late arrivals are welcome.

If enough people express interest in a super deepstack format, I'm happy to oblige. I probably wouldn't exactly mirror the WSOP levels and timing because they have a long dinner break in there (around 10pm EST maybe?), but we could make it very similar. That would definitely be fun!

We could have that going on one table and other people would be welcome to play shorter SnGs at the other table.
  • Count me in for now. Definitely worth the drive. =)
  • Count me in.
  • I am definitely interested, but I'm not sure if I will be in KW that week.
  • Great idea and worth the drive. I'm in. Thanks Mike!
  • Oh and add MM as well please.
  • BrennerM wrote: »
    Of course late arrivals are welcome.

If enough people express interest in a super deepstack format, I'm happy to oblige. I probably wouldn't exactly mirror the WSOP levels and timing because they have a long dinner break in there (around 10pm EST maybe?), but we could make it very similar. That would definitely be fun!

We could have that going on one table and other people would be welcome to play shorter SnGs at the other table.

Sorry Mike,

When I said about using the WSOP blinds, I certainly didn't mean 90 minute blinds. You can still go with 20 minute blinds should last most of the night and finish around the same time as the final table in the WSOP.

It would even allow room for people who are going to be late.
  • I'm interested in donking off 20,000 in chips. ;) Please PM the address or intersection so I can check how long the drive will be.
    BrennerM wrote: »
    If enough people express interest in a super deepstack format, I'm happy to oblige.
  • There is more than one intersection in Elmira?
  • I was going to ask where it was, but obviously elmira. I gotta think this one over, I"d love to come. But the 1 1/2 hr drive home on a weeknight is going to kill me
  • I'm definitely leaning toward holding a deepstack tournament with a World Series Main Event final table flavour: everyone starts with 2,000,000 in chips! Blinds would start around 2500/5000 (essentially that is equivalent to 20,000 in chips with blinds starting at 25/50).

More details to come as we get closer to the date...
  • I like it, I am in.

• Sign me up as well please, may be a bit late though.

stp
  • I'm in.
    And Kristy would be as well I'd assume.
    SpecialK Kyle is in as well.
  • I would like to show up for this if you still have the space.
  • just to confirm what haddon posted before, i am in
  • me too, 80% sure
  • Lol this is gonna last a lot longer than the WSOP final table.
  • sign me up plz