Bristol St. 2007 Heads-Up Championship - OFFICIAL THREAD

15678911»

Comments

• If game is still going on, I might drop by at 9 to watch...Will await update.
  • Kanga d Aiki

A crippling hand for Don

Blind 200-400 Don the button and calls I check

Flop 6 8 9 rainbow

Jenn Bets 600
    Don raises 1800 total (2500 back)
    Jenn puts him all in
    Don thinks for a minutes and folds

A few hands later
    Bliinds 300 600

Jenn raises almost enough to put him all in. Don moves all in
    Kanga has aq Don 9 10

Board
    k 4 8 2 6

Great game Don! See you next Thursday at 830
  • Last night, Kanga defeated Aiki65 which means both participants have one win a piece against each other.

The third and decisive game will take place next Thursday at Bristol Street around 8:30pm. The winner of this match will be crowned the 2007 Bristol Street Heads-Up Champion and will earn a spot at the GRAND FINAL on Saturday, Dec 15th. (Yep. We have a date!)
  • Moose d. Kristy

Not much happened the entire game, Kristy had a decent lead after the first level. I decided to stop playing stupid, accumulated a few chips back by the end of the 2nd level, so I was maybe down only by 800 or so.

Midway through the 50/100 level I make it 300 to go with J7s, Kristy calls. Flop is pure crap 1093 rainbow so we go check check. I am pretty much done but the turn is an 8. I bet 400, Kristy raises to 1200. I have 3575 left if I call, so not much point in any raise, other than a shove. Kristy tanks and makes the call with Q10 for top pr and a gutshot. Board bricks. Next three hands either she or I move in as she is down to 1350.

First hand we both have K10 and chop. Second hand I have A10, she folds. Third hand she shoves K5s and I called with 66 and held up.

gg.
  • Congrats Moose! I'll get your payout next time I see you. The Final final game will take place on Thursday at my place (not 100% sure on the time) and we'll have our winner, roughly 3 months earlier than last year... yay!!
  • Zithal wrote: »
    The Final final game will take place on Thursday at my place (not 100% sure on the time)

Any news on starting time?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Any news on starting time?
    8:30 - I'm finally taking a night off from work to watch this one!
  • Kanga d Aiki65

Pretty straight forward match :0) (unless you count Kanga getting pocket aces 3 times)

Final hand
    blinds 50/100

Kanga's the button bet 250 more
    Don raises 700 more
    Kanga reraises 3000 more
    Don said lets put it all in
    Kanga varifies that he is all in and calls

Kanga has AA (one if each colour this time)
    Don has JJ

Board:
    3 7 8 q 8

Jenn is the Bristol Street 2007 HU Champ~ YEAH!!!
  • KangaX5 wrote: »
    Jenn is the Bristol Street 2007 HU Champ~ YEAH!!!

WOOT!
    :wav:
  • Congrats Kanga
  • Congratulations Jenn. Winning this event two years in a row is very impressive.
  • Congratulations Jenn.
    FYP

Congrats Jenn :D

/g2
  • Congratulations Jenn. Winning this event two years in a row is very impressive.

Yes, it would be impressive if she did that. But finals is pretty good too.

stpboy won last year!

Regardless, 2nd and then a victory is VERY, VERY impressive.

WAY TO GO, JENN!!
  • Yeah, she "only" got second last year :)

I think this makes us the first couple to win a Bristol...

I think that this is just a challenge for next year.

Congratulations Jenn!
  • Quimby wrote: »
    I think that this is just a challenge for next year.

Congratulations Jenn!
    Yeah ... that's what I meant. Thanks for bailing me out of my blunder Quimby.
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    Yeah, she "only" got second last year :)

I think this makes us the first couple to win a Bristol...

Hey now

Me and Mario won one each

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Hey now

Me and Mario won one each

Mark

LMAO! Where is G2 and why has he ceased awarding POTD's?
  • Congrats Jenn, impressive feat indeed!!

stp
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    LMAO! Where is g2 and why has he ceased awarding POTD's?
    I was too disappointed that I didn't point out Mark&Marios wins myself.

Haha... does anyone else find it hilarious how Kristy is on permanent forum-tilt until she is awarded a POTD?

/g2
  • Congrats Jenn on an impressive victory!

Jer
  • Thank you guys :0)

2nd last year, first this year.... already feeling the pressure for next year :0)
  • Don't forget there is an informal forum heads up match tonight.

There is a $5 forum heads up tourney scheduled for 9:30 pm tonight.

CPF Heads Up Match Trial Run
    under Private tourneys

pw goodluck

and don't forget there is a more 'official-type' heads up match at 9:30 Mon.
  • Umm.. isn't that Monday?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Umm.. isn't that Monday?

Mark

Reading comprehension not a strong point eh Mark? Read it again.
  • I like pickles...

Oh, and it's a trial run ;) Hey, I just wanted to make sure I was there when you took all my chips Moose

Mark
  • I'd like to round out the thread with my congradulations to Jenn for becomming the 2007 Heads-Up Champion. It was a well deserved win, and, as people have said above, making the Finals two years in a row is a feat in itself!

I'll get the point standings updated over the next couple days, and we can continue on with the Fall Season at Bristol.

I'll be posting a email later tonight or tomorrow with what I have planned for the last few months of the year!