Justin LIKES the SET Game!!

Justin takes down his THIRD Season Ending game, but it was a nice battle.

S5G12SET.jpg

Justin took an early lead in the game, becoming the monster stack early, and maintaining the chip lead through most of the game. By the time we were five handed, and talking chop, he was still holding a nice lead, but it was starting to be cut into nicely. Still, he was able to fend off most opposition.

Justin and myself heads up. I'm in the SB with AQo, and limp in. Justin comes over the top for 1800 (blinds are 300/600 at this point). I slow play for a moment, and push all in. I have Justin covered by 500 chips. He finally calls with A6, and sure enough, hits a 6 on the turn to cripple me. I did manage to double up once, but the second hand Justin pushes for my only 1000, and I have 10 3 clubs and call. No help for me and I'm out in second place. Nice game Justin, this final game really is your game.

Garry is out in third place, while Chris and Eleanor both get some spending money for their trip this weekend, coming in fourth and fifth. We did end up chopping the pot five handed, each getting $150 and then playing and paying for the top three, so both Chris and Eleanor finished in the money as well. Enjoy your trip, guys.

Thanks to all who have come out to play this season. It was a great turnout and a very good season, and I hope you can all make it out to the next season in a few weeks time.

Comments

• Congrats Justin. It was your night, no doubt. I hope your good fortune continues and you win the biggest heart contest this morning too!

Awesome final game everyone. I'm still smarting from Steve's trip Aces, Justin's m'fing 9 high flush on the river, and Garry's trip Aces....ay yi yi.

Looking forward to the season ending get-together at the Bus Station!!

Eleanor
  • Hey Justin,

I think you are my nemisis! You haven't been out much during the season but when you did show up, you have crippled and busted me twice! You played great poker, congratulations!! As always, it was a sweet season everyone!
  • Great game. Great Season. Thanks AJ. Congrats Justin on the big win... again! That target is growing exponentially;)
  • derksen wrote: »
    That target is growing exponentially;)

Thought I had him cold with my AQ hand...damn 6 on the turn!!! Next time, Justin, next time.

Still think he's the DEVIL though!!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Thought I had him cold with my AQ hand...damn 6 on the turn!!! Next time, Justin, next time.

Still think he's the DEVIL though!!

At least you went in like a champ with the best hand! Thanks AJ for hosting and directing an awesome season, I think I have another FedEx dude or two coming in for the next season.

P.S. Derek's my other nemisis...trapped me twice now.
  • IM-ON-TILT wrote: »
    At least you went in like a champ with the best hand! Thanks AJ for hosting and directing an awesome season, I think I have another FedEx dude or two coming in for the next season.

P.S. Derek's my other nemisis...trapped me twice now.

Trapped? Me? I don't even know what that means;)
  • congrats Justin

it was definately your night. putting out 3 players going into the final table and hitting your quad 10 to put Romer and Myself out early in the final table.

Congrats once again
  • Thanks AJ for another great season!!! There were some definite A games at the SET game. Glad to see so many playing so well. Hope to see you all next season!
  • Congrat Justin! Well done.

AJ, thanks for hosting this league at your home.......poker room. With out you this league would not be there.

Thanks!

Rob.