WPC VII - $30 NL Freezeout - Sat May 12th - Waterloo

13»

Comments

• Please take me off too. After getting paged throughout the night (and may get more today, I'm oncall for work), I'm exhausted. I'm likely getting paged again, so would have to leave the tournament in the middle of it.

Sorry for backing out, I really thought I was making this one.
  • Add Chris to the list please
  • Results:

15 players bought into the KWTC (was 16, but then I remembered I don't need to ;) )

23 players started at 2:07pm

We were down to 20 players after the first level!

Final table formed with 8 players at 6:15pm after a BBQ break.

1. 'Aiki65' Don 22,575
    2. Andrew 9,600
    3. 'eratik' Stefan 14,225
    4. 'Buzzzardd' Dave 15,250
    5. Dan 14,175
    6. 'g2' Greg 15,400
    7. 'compuease' Jeff 9,850
    8. Chris 13,975

Top 5 paid... down to 6 after a couple levels, then it took a while to burst the $ bubble.

'Buzzzardd' Dave was the Bubble Boy

'Aiki65' Don was card dead the whole final table, but managed to make the money. $45 for 5th + 2 bounties = $55.

Chris went out 4th after misreading one of 'eratik' Stefan's plays. Stefan actually had all 3 of us still at the table fooled. Chris won $70 + 3 bounties = $85.

Your host's AKo lost a race vs Dan's 55 and it crippled me. Went out the next hand to, coincidentally, AKo. 3rd paid $90 + 1 bounty = $95.

Stefan and Dan battled it out for a couple rounds. The chip lead switched back and forth a bit, but with no really big confrontations. A chop based on chip count was negotiated. Stefan having 50k to Dan's 65k. Blinds were only 700/1400/a100 at that point. Stefan took $170 and Dan $200. Stefan managed to tie 'povedawg' Dave's 6 bounties he had earned early in the tourney so Stefan left with $200 even. Dan had 2 bounties so he cashed $210. Neither Stefan or Dan bought into the KWTC so no winner there.

Thanks to everyone for the tips from the BBQ. Hope you all enjoyed the burgers. I split the tips between the 'rents and new cards. So everyone can look forward to non-marked cards at the next WPC event! :)

/g2
  • Thanks again for hosting. Congratulations to everyone who survived the early craziness.

I'm really glad I stuck around for the burgers! Your parents are very cool to hold the games AND cook the food, thank them again for us.

Sean
  • Thanks for hosting greg, it was a fun day tho I wish I was at the table out back and not in the garage (mostly for warmth). While I didn't survive the early craziness it was nice to be able to play and see some of you I hadn't talked to in a while. I did out last the first level tho :)