Great Day!! Thanks

Just wanted to thank Sandro, Pinhead, and all the other organizers of yesterday's Royal Cup. You guys did a great job once again, and deserve all the praise.

Speaking for myself, I had a great time. Played poorly, but it was great to see everyone again, and play against some familiar people as well as new players.

Speaking for my team, Ching Hill, we had a blast. Everyone on the team had nothing but good things to say about the event, and we are all eager to return in August to battle it out once again.

Wolfe...you and BusDriver make a very happy couple.

Mario...$60 for that hat!! But you have to watch me torch it!!

Jeremy...damn you all to hell!! ;) Why can I not get the better of you in this game?? I want a rematch!

Mark...mess with The HILL...feel the burn baby!!!

Comments

• Thanks to Sandro, miranda, and the computer girl cause I never remember her name (sorry)...

And to Brent for helping them out,,, :)

Once again, you have pulled off another succussfully Ryder Cup event. :)
    Great JOb!!! Awsome day ....

Even, If my team didnt win, We sure made a large come back... Mario I am proud of you, I dont think I have ever seen you play serious poker before. I like it keep it up.:) THanks to Jeremy my captain oh captain, Great Job in placing us all again. Next year Jeremy, we will do better in stud and omaha. honest.. It was great seeing and playing with everyone once again, :)

Congrats to the wining teams, Waterloo, ching hill, and the paranahas.. Well played guys and gals...

AcidJoesHoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):)
  • Sandro, another successful event under your belt. I see Royal Cup being held at the Roger's Center in the future.

Team waterloo - you guys did it in efficient consistent manner. You deserved it.

Wolfy - I got no more beef with you, nothing but love brother. Now as for Dave (from team Waterloo) The Bus is coming for you.

To the rest of you, thank you so much for putting fun above all else. I know there were some heated debates, but that's part of the fun also.

Hope to see you all again (and more) in RCIV
  • "ditto"

Mark
  • what everyone else said, except to BusDriver..... I'm gonna come back to Ching Hill to take you down Baby..... you can't get that lucky forever.

Thanks to all my team we had a blast. The organizers did a great job once again. The official weigh in for the biggest looser took place see other thread. And haddon only weighed in at 17563 before he got caught jay walking and taken to jail. (j/k)
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Speaking for my team, Ching Hill, we had a blast. Everyone on the team had nothing but good things to say about the event, and we are all eager to return in August to battle it out once again.

Next one's in August now? That ain't good....
  • Thanks again to Sandro, Miranda and Nadine for all your hardwork yesterday and planning the event. I know what it is like to try to keep on top of all the stats while having people looking over your shoulder wanting the most recent updates.

As always it was a true pleasure to be involved in this event and we will be back to defend in RC 4. Looks like there might be a trend of the top finishers dropping to 3rd in the next one, so I guess we have a challenge ahead of us
  • Thanks Sandro, Nadine, Miranda, Pinhead, Brent - and all the team captains - for putting together another great event.

I had a fantastic time, and loved meeting up with all the forumers. I felt a bit dumb when I realized I was sitting with Flintbones and said "oh! flint! You eat babies!". It occured to me shortly afterwards that anyone not familiar with the forum might find that a bit strange.

I was also slightly dissapointed that BBC looked like a normal dude. I mean, BBC, you have a rep....where was your eyepatch? Your tux? Your pimp cane? Ah well. It was a pleasure playing with you anyway.

Congrats to Team Waterloo....you are a great team and we'll be gunning for you at RCIV!!
  • Congrats to Waterloo on the win, and to C-whatever Hill (I still can't spell or pronounce it!), and to the Piranhas.

Props to Nadine, who sat and looked at a laptop all day, and didn't touch a deck of cards. Thanks for putting in a Saturday!

Thanks to Westside PC and the Piranha PT for the supplies. You rule, guys!

Huge hugs to Sandro and Miranda for a long hard day of work. You two did another great job and are a great asset to the rest of us at this forum. Thanks again.
    :wav:
  • The Lunatic Fringe would like to congradulate Waterloo, Ching Hill and The Pirahnas for topping the field!

My team would like to also say thank Sandro, Miranda, Nadine and Brad for all the hard work you did to putting on this event! Thanks also goes out to Westside and The Pirahnas for bringing all the supplies. It was another great day and I can't wait for the next one.

Next I wanted to thank my team......oh what a team! I am so proud of the effort everyone of you gave.....it would have been so easy for us to throw in the towel after the first 2 rounds(66 points), but we at least proved we have the best Texas Hold'em players around (145/200 points)!!LOL

I want to congradulate our top point leader Jenn, and also Mario for coming a close second. Aimee, you did a great job coming back after the break and taking 25/25 points in the second half, after the disappointing start!!!!

Had a great time and it was nice to get out and meet all the degenerates, like myself!!!!
  • How was my replacement Al?????????????
  • Kudos to everyone involved, as always you did a great job. Congratz to the winners as well. My 3-year contract is apparently up so if anyone needs a Donk.E next time around just shine a big horse's ass in the sky and I'll be there.

Brent, it's too bad year after year our team is a mess and yet we still went into heads-up in third place....we tanked but we had a shot. I understand your frustrations but thanks for handling everything so well for the last 3 events.
  • I second everything said about the event and its organizers. To The Lunatic Fringe What a great team and I was happy to be apart of it(hope to be again next time).

A.J I 'am still thinking about that 60 bucks you foul temptress. LOL!!
  • ItsaMe wrote: »

Offer still stand, Mario...but remember, it has to be on Mark's head when she goes up in flames ;)
  • Another well run event. Thanks for a great day of poker (flips on the other hand....oh well )

Congrats to all. Just sorry that I couldn't contribute much in the way of points this time.
    ItsaMe wrote: »
    I second everything said about the event and its organizers. To The Lunatic Fringe What a great team and I was happy to be apart of it(hope to be again next time).

Only if you wear those glasses with the hat....:)